Page 450 of 678 FirstFirst ... 350400440446447448449450451452453454460500550 ... LastLast
Results 6,736 to 6,750 of 10158
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I can't see anything wrong with anything said above.
    Top line that is highlighted:

They say all men are created equal. It doesn't get any more famous but, is it really true?
    He's downplaying the phrase and or doesn't really get what it means that well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yes, because the jobs would not operate in the US like they do in China with these terrible conditions. We have different standards and regulations here.
    Lol these strawman arguments will surely defeat Trump in 2020!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Good points, Westphilly. And to add to that

CEO pay has grown 90 times faster than typical workers' pay

BANNED

That sounds fine and dandy and I am glad employer are in favour of giving more money to the employees to increase their willingness to work, which help with their training, but I have to ask, how does the employer recover the money loss? in the US at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanpaul123 View Post
    That sounds fine and dandy and I am glad employer are in favour of giving more money to the employees to increase their willingness to work, which help with their training, but I have to ask, how does the employer recover the money loss? in the US at least.
    He benefits because it benefits the entire economy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He benefits because it benefits the entire economy.
    can you explain further ?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Because when more people have more money, they do more shopping, and more shopping means more profits for the employer and his business. Simplistic? Sure, but that's usually how it works.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

But Factories being brought back to USA is somehow a concept too impossible to succeed?

Trump pokes his nose into one of the world's biggest mergers

Yet the merger of the companies – the second-largest deal announced last year -- hasn't been approved by the federal government that Trump now controls - and regulatory concerns remain, especially because it could reshape the world’s food supply. And Trump doesn't yet have an agriculture secretary to even consider whether the deal would help farmers and set policies on such mergers.

The tactic shows how his hands-on style could create problems, how he’s blurring lines in the way traditional government works, and how committed he is to forcing companies to create new American jobs to fulfill his political promises. He has personally become involved in a number of deals, including bids to save jobs at auto plants and with Carrier, an Indiana air conditioning company. His tweets have rattled the stock market and sent company CEOs hurriedly rushing to Trump Tower for a meeting. They have privately angered business executives, who say business policy shouldn't be set by a president-elect in 140 characters.

Publicly, however, executives have spoken glowingly about Trump’s approach to the business community, given they have no other choice.
    This can go bad in so many ways.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    But Factories being brought back to USA is somehow a concept too impossible to succeed?
    Because unless salaries go down all prices will go up. 5000 us$ for an iphone
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

BANNED

"I don't care about employment, i want African children to die for my cheap iPhones!"

Yeah, this is why globalisation is failing.

can you explain further ?
    The same reason slavery passed out. A well paid worker is cheaper than a slave. A well paid worker would spend the money earned on goods and services which means there will be more work to be done and more money to be made by the employer.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Top line that is highlighted:

He's downplaying the phrase and or doesn't really get what it means that well.
    The whole exchange demonstrate he does understand what the phrase means. It is about having the same rights under the law not that we are literally all the same. In context everything he says makes perfect sense. English isn't my mothertongue so I might be missing something.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    "I don't care about employment, i want African children to die for my cheap iPhones!"
    False logic -- there's no reason those nations can't be pressured to increase the quality of life for their workers, especially by the companies themselves who could simply choose to do business in countries or with companies that don't use child labor.

In the same way many companies hire "illegals" and pay them under the table in America, these aren't things that Americans "want" so much as unethical things that companies do to make more money for their stockholders.

Trump himself hires foreign workers to tend his vineyards and manufactures many of his products overseas -- shouldn't he be leading by example?
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-17-2017 at 11:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Because when more people have more money, they do more shopping, and more shopping means more profits for the employer and his business. Simplistic? Sure, but that's usually how it works.
    Yeah but with the fear of the ACA being remove people will start saving more of their money instead of spending it dont you think ? so i really dont see a raise of the MW in a near future in US