Page 14 of 678 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114514 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogwelder View Post
    When I was in high school we got jobs as dishwashers and busboys.
    Those options are gone.
    American kids today have zero job options as the illegals have taken their only chance to earn money.
    I can't believe anyone would approve of this.
    Newsflash: Things are considerably different today than they were when you were young. If those options are gone, that's because Mexicans were more than willing, if not eager to take those sort of low paying jobs which Americans routinely turn their noses up at, either because the wages were insufficient to live on, or they considered such jobs beneath them. Long story short, we have no one to blame for that so-called inequity but ourselves. As for American kids having zero job options, that's crap, jobs are out there, illegals haven't taken EVERYTHING. Stop parroting Trump's bullshit, hell, considering he outsources jobs overseas to China (Google his clothing line to see where it's made), he's the dead last person to gripe about Americans losing jobs.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-25-2016 at 05:35 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quick bit of historical background -

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...taly-and-japan

Also worth noting that The United States declared war on Germany after Germany declared war on the US.

So, the idea that the fate of the rest of the world really had anything to do with the "pitch" for knocking off Hitler is foolish. The man made the pitch himself.
    You're acting as if American isolationism had not been in the thing in the 40s.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Newsflash: Things are considerably different today than they were when you were young. If those options are gone, that's because Mexicans were more than willing, if not eager to take those sort of low paying jobs which Americans routinely turn their noses up at, either because the wages were insufficient to live on, or they considered such jobs beneath them. Long story short, we have no one to blame for that so-called inequity but ourselves. As for American kids having zero job options, that's crap, jobs are out there, illegals haven't taken EVERYTHING. Stop parroting Trump's bullshit, hell, considering he outsources jobs overseas to China (Google his clothing line to see where it's made), he's the dead last person to gripe about Americans losing jobs.
    WUXTRY....WUXTRY....WUXTRY........THESE WERE JOBS FOR SCHOOL KIDS. my friends and I did it while we were in High School. our parents were not rich.
    Stop accusing me of parroting Trump........I don't listen to the news............. I just told you a fact.
    Sad that you don't care about kids working and getting life experience.
    Last edited by dogwelder; 04-25-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

WUXTRY....WUXTRY....WUXTRY........THESE WERE JOBS FOR SCHOOL KIDS. my friends and I did it while we were in High School. our parents were not rich.
    Stop accusing me of parroting Trump........I don't listen to the news............. I just told you a fact.
    Sad that you don't care about kids working and getting life experience.
    Kids are still working at a lot of the fast food places I frequent. Local grocery stores will hire for certain positions too, bagging, rounding up the shopping carts from the parking lots.

I think part of the problem is that there are some older workers that stay on those jobs for years. Working at the McD's etc just wasn't considered a life time career unless you were in management. IMO that's why you have all the protests for the $15.00 minimum wage. Adults are in jobs that used to be the kind of position that was only part time for school aged kids or people who were doing it until they got a better job.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-25-2016 at 10:03 AM.

The J-man

BANNED

$15.00 an hour should be the minimum especially in New York City where every move or turn costs you $50.00.
    The jobs I'm talking about are not fast food joints....I'm talking about restaurants and catering halls.
    Also gas stations....I had a few buds working there also.
    But those jobs are locked up with middle easterners.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

$15.00 an hour should be the minimum especially in New York City where every move or turn costs you $50.00.
    The jobs I'm talking about are not fast food joints....I'm talking about restaurants and catering halls.
    Probably because the family bought the franchise and are the owners. They frequently staff it with relatives. A lot of Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins in my area are owned by families who've immigrated but they will employ outside the family if they need the staff. I have to hand it to them. They immigrate here, pool their money together and go into business for themselves.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-25-2016 at 12:37 PM.

BANNED

Mexico is not in the Middle-East, and no amount of walls is going to help you there.

Plus, I would like something else than just your anecdotal word that a massive block of middle-eastern undocumunted immigrants has locked up the gas station and restaurant sectors.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

When I was in high school we got jobs as dishwashers and busboys.
    Those options are gone.
    American kids today have zero job options as the illegals have taken their only chance to earn money.
    I can't believe anyone would approve of this.
    Come on, man, how are American companies are supposed to make any money if they can't rely on immigrant slave wage rates? Actual Americans need things like, "minimum wage" and "labor standards" and "reasonable working conditions." That shit costs bank, bro.

BANNED

A lot of the reactions to Trump are bordering on hysteria. I am certain he will be much better than both Bush presidents. The sky will still stay up. Hilary is corrupt, Sanders is not going to happen. Trump is probably the only likely reasonable option.

BANNED

Illegals also work under extra crappy conditions. Trust me, they're a big rich racist industry owner's dream come true. And don't forget a lot of people who actually want to immigrate, play fair, pay the fees, go through the process and are denied citizenship. Why should people cutting in line to lower everybody's work conditions get any preference over them?

Donald Trump is nothing but a loud-mouthed, ignorant thug. A bully, a boor, and a buffoon. If you think those qualities are going to make America great again, you really can't think much of your country.

BANNED

So now we figured out that "not watching the news" is a good basis for being a Trump supporter.

People need to read the preface to V for Vendetta.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    So now we figured out that "not watching the news" is a good basis for being a Trump supporter.
    "The less I know, the more I like him!"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    "The less I know, the more I like him!"
    You are correct, sir! The glaring ignorance of Trump supporters is staggering!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!