Page 613 of 678 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 10158
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    One article
    Written by this guy?

nn.JPG

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    You're forgetting that the only real difference between candidate Bush and candidate Gore was that Bush promised to send everyone $300.

Gore wasn't pushing climate change and Bush was preaching non-interventionism . . . particularly in the wake of Kosovo.
    I was there, 29 years old at the time, and if you think that was the only difference between their platforms, you have been doing better drugs than I have in the years since.

Ultimate Member

That's your opinion. I will talk about Clinton if I want.
    Of course you will, because it's to your advantage to ignore Session's (and Trump's) blatant racism and attacks on voting rights, which was the subject at hand.

And your attempt to play to 30s hatred of Clinton is just as transparent as when Trump did so during the election -- instead of discussing the issues I mentioned earlier (voting rights, health care, climate change, etc) just bring up Clinton and dodge the fact that Trump is a far worse candidate on said issues by every measure of the word.

I know both of you are a lost cause with regards to actually discussing things like Session's racism and Trump's inability to even put a decent cabinet together, much less govern effectively, but that doesn't mean that your misdirections should go uncontested.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

discussing things like Session's racism
    Jeff Sessions...awarded by NAACP in Alabama in '09
    lindsey-graham-sessions.jpg
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

Jeff Sessions...awarded by NAACP in Alabama in '09
    lindsey-graham-sessions.jpg
    That's just a photograph -- here's the real deal straight from the source.

-----

"NAACP STATEMENT ON CONFIRMATION OF JEFF SESSIONS AS ATTORNEY GENERAL"

"Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III was confirmed as the nation’s 84th US Attorney General this evening, despite intense opposition by the NAACP and hundreds of organizations due to his historically weak and questionable support for voting rights, police accountability and the rights of immigrants and women.

The NAACP mobilized its memberships and collaborated with partners to flood the Senate with millions of phone calls asking senators to oppose Senator Sessions.

President and CEO Cornell William Brooks, Alabama State Conference President Bernard Simelton and Alabama branch leaders helped mobilize two state-wide protests involving hundreds of NAACP members, national staff, and supporters for sit-ins at Senator Sessions Mobile, AL office that resulted in the arrests of nearly 15 NAACP members and supporters.
    Media coverage of these events created a groundswell of protests and direct actions against his nomination.

Through the mobilization of our Washington Bureau, legal teams and national staff, the NAACP successfully fought over nine times in nine months to beat back racist voter suppression laws in North Carolina, Texas and other states that saved millions of votes.

Through our 2,200 branches across the nation and national partners and coalitions, we organized protests and rallies across the nation and utilized social media to create millions of digital impressions, retweets, and posts on Facebook and Instagram calling on supporters to demand that the Senate vote to #StopSessions.

In January alone, the NAACP earned in support of its #StopSessions campaigns gained 43,000 new Twitter followers, generated hundreds of posts earning over 14.5 million views and more than 370,200 engagements. With Facebook, our supporters churned out 573,000 page “likes,” and posts were seen 4.1 million times, while videos were watched 1.07 million times in January alone. These numbers represent the floor of our potential activity in mobilizing support for the protection of civil rights rather than its ceiling.

Despite all our work and the coalitions we’ve collaborated with, Senator Sessions was confirmed today along a clear red versus blue partisan line of 52-47.

Rather than hang our heads in despair, the NAACP will continue to hold the new AG and the Department of Justice accountable for enforcing protections against voter suppression, the use of consent decrees as a means of reigning in racism within police departments, protection of women’s rights and the humane treatment for immigrant communities and sanctuary cities.

The NAACP will call upon members of Congress and the committees exercising oversight over the Justice Department to ensure that the senator does what he is supposed to do to protect the vote and to end voter suppression and police brutality.

While we vigorously opposed his nomination, the NAACP and our branches across the nation and around the world are committed to working with the new AG in the same way we have worked with all previous AG’s to ensure the consistent and diligent protection of civil rights."

http://www.naacp.org/latest/naacp-st...orney-general/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I was there, 29 years old at the time, and if you think that was the only difference between their platforms, you have been doing better drugs than I have in the years since.
    Gore failed to distinguish himself.

You can't look at the nuts-and-bolts platforms. You have to look at what they said on the campaign trail and during debates. The stuff that is seen and heard by those who don't follow politics closely.

Bush: non-interventionism, compassionate conservatism . . . and genial.

That's going to beat a robot who agrees a lot of the time in debates . . . including on capital punishment.

The Democrats run garbage candidates election after election. Bill Clinton and Obama are oases in a desert of off-putting and/or inauthentic duds.

If the party doesn't deal with this, they will keep losing elections. Frankly, someone needed to defend Howard Dean when the petty "scream" nonsense happened, because it's better to have that sort of a candidate than what we ended up with.

Charisma matters. It's unfair and you can get as mad as you want about it, but the reality won't change because people don't like it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That's just a photograph
    Wrong. NAACP won't confirm it yet, probably are delaying having to confirm it by "investigating," but it corresponds to a real convention and I bet will turn out real. Not to mention Alveda King and Tim Scott and others endorsing Sessions and vouching for him. But highly partisan politics of course would cause every liberal org to try to take down Sessions.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Ultimate Member

Wrong. NAACP won't confirm it yet, probably are delaying having to confirm it by "investigating," but it corresponds to a real convention and I bet will turn out real. Not to mention Alveda King and Tim Scott and others endorsing Sessions and vouching for him. But highly partisan politics of course would cause every liberal org to try to take down Sessions.
    I just posted what the NAACP had to say about Session's nomination in their own words.

In short: "Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III was confirmed as the nation’s 84th US Attorney General this evening, despite intense opposition by the NAACP and hundreds of organizations due to his historically weak and questionable support for voting rights, police accountability and the rights of immigrants and women.

I'll leave it to everyone else to decide for themselves what the truth is, since it's already been established that, like your candidate, you have a penchant for avoiding the truth as needed.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2017 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

Now that conservative group Judicial Watch is no longer busy putting out anti-Clinton press releases daily for #30 to enjoy, they're sitting in a fire of their own creation and decide that the smoke detectors have GOT to go.

Judicial Watch Planning to Sue FBI, NSA, CIA for Flynn Records

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I just posted what the NAACP had to say about Session's nomination in their own words.

In short: "Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III was confirmed as the nation’s 84th US Attorney General this evening, despite intense opposition by the NAACP and hundreds of organizations due to his historically weak and questionable support for voting rights, police accountability and the rights of immigrants and women.

I'll leave it to everyone else to decide for themselves what the truth is, since it's already been established that, like your candidate, you have a penchant for avoiding the truth as needed.
    hmmmm a offical statement by the NAACP on their own website vs. a single tweeted picture with nothing else to show for it.

hard to say which is real. i's soooo confused!

BANNED

Turns out that in all his railing against what he defines "fake news" the only question Trump liked at his presser came from a kid's fake news organization:

During President Trump’s strenuous and freewheeling news conference on Thursday, there emerged a brief respite from the pointed questions about Russia, national security, immigration policy and chaos at the White House.

“Mr. President,” a reporter began, “Melania Trump announced the reopening of the White House Visitors Office. And she does a lot of great work for the country as well. Can you tell us a little bit about what first lady Melania Trump does for the country?”

Mr. Trump lowered his combative tone. “Now, that’s what I call a nice question,” he said. “That is very — who are you with?”

The answer — UNF News — barely registered with Mr. Trump.

“Good,” the president said. “I’m going to start watching, all right?”
    Continue reading the main story
    Related Coverage

In 77 Chaotic Minutes, Trump Defends ‘Fine-Tuned Machine’ FEB. 16, 2017
    A Jewish Reporter Got to Ask Trump a Question. It Didn’t Go Well. FEB. 17, 2017
    Trump News Conference Provokes Anxiety, Humor and Shrugs Around World FEB. 17, 2017
    FACT CHECK
    Trump Calls Press ‘Dishonest,’ Then Utters Falsehoods of His Own FEB. 16, 2017

UNF News is not a television network or a radio network, for that matter. UNF, or Universal News Forever, is the baby, identity, passion and obsession of Kyle Mazza, 19, who posed the question about Mrs. Trump.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/n...?smid=tw-share

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Proud to have voted for this man and I hope to do so again:
    So you voted for Finland's president, but I thought you also said you are from Germany . . .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Proud to have voted for this man and I hope to do so again:

So you are from Finland? Let me ask you something, has Sweden recovered from that terrorist attack it suffered recently, where 50% of the population died? I heard it is the worst attack since Bowling Green.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So you voted for Finland's president, but I thought you also said you are from Germany . . .
    Studying internationally isn't that hard when countries are right next to each other. ;-)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post

https://twitter.com/DonBeababy/statu...07404332244992

This... is really dangerous.

I mean -really- dangerous.

I'm sure he'll get some money from some dimwits. Wasn't there a complaint during the campaign last summer that once they starting donating to Trump's campaign from his website , they couldn't shut it off and it was making repeat charges to a credit card or something like that? I can see Steve Bannon's stubby fingers on this.