Page 620 of 678 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624630670 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 10158
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Edit: Not going to bother.
    Good choice.

I was gonna reply "corporations are people, too, my friend!" to your question though.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    If your at the point where you unironically use terms like SJW, nah, you really aren't.
    This.
    Not to mention he's massively supporting the Right, which sure as hell aren't liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartBatman View Post
    I am a Liberal, not a neo-liberal or Regressive Left Sensitive Joss Whedon.
    You know, free speech, helping those who need help, etc.
    That's really not where the Liberal/Conservative line is drawn. Everyone that isn't an ******* believes in helping people. Heck, free speech is written into the Constitution, it's literally unamerican to not support free speech liberal or conservative.

He's too busy attacking liberals to be one -- if it were a club, he'd already have his card revoked.

I thought he'd already settled on "libertarian" but apparently it hasn't settled in yet.
    I thought I was the one who claimed to be libertarian?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    If your at the point where you unironically use terms like SJW, nah, you really aren't.
    Well, we will have to respectfully disagree. I know I am a Liberal and hold those views, but I certainly can't stop you from thinking what you want of me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I thought I was the one who claimed to be libertarian?
    I remember you mentioning that you were looking into the party, but I think I also remember telling Batman (the Second) that his views were more libertarian than liberal, based on his posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Good choice.

I was gonna reply "corporations are people, too, my friend!" to your question though.
    That should be the current Republican slogan.

It would also explain why Trump treats corporations like "friends" -- cozying up to them when it suits his purposes (tax cuts, back room family deals, etc) and then publicly insulting them when they don't do his bidding (Nordstrom).

Regardless, it's all for show since...

----
    "Trump's Tweets Are a Sideshow: His Executive Orders Are Building a Corporate State"

"Trump’s executive orders may be vague, overreaching and even unconstitutional in some cases, promising more than the intricate legal gears of government can deliver. But they set an unmistakable tone and direction. To review, his first was to overturn Obamacare, followed by freezing new federal regulations and hiring of non-military employees; barring funds for international family planning; reviving the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines; speeding up issuing of permits to thwart environmental impact review; building a Mexican border wall; expanding the federal deportation machine; deregulating Wall St. finance rules, and more.

Critics have been quick to pounce on the inconsistent and hypocritical statements made by Trump and his team. Last Friday, for example, when surrounded by top Wall Street bankers as he signed an order intended to gut the Dodd-Frank financial reform, Trump said, “We expect to be cutting a lot out of Dodd-Frank, because frankly I have so many people, friends of mine, that have nice businesses and they can’t borrow money.”

Two days later on Fox News Sunday, Vice President Mike Pence fed the network most watched by Trump’s base a different line. “The message that we are sending to Main Street is that we are going to pull back this mountain of red tape that is stifling access to capital and loans.”

Trump’s critics may sneer at Trump for bowing to Wall Street while Pence panders to Main Street, and pledge to carry on resisting. But such personal reactions ignore a growing privatization juggernaut. Beyond the nonstop coverage of the president’s latest dumb tweets, a deeper and darker narrative is unfolding at a policy level. In almost all areas of public responsibility, the fulcrum upon which government moves is swiftly being redirected. And it is almost impossible to keep up with small changes that will have big impacts.

For example, look at what the Federal Communications Commission just did after Trump elevated Ajit Pai, an ex-lawyer for Verizon who was in the panel’s minority of Republicans under Obama, as its new chairman. Under Pai, the FEC released a dozen directives further privatizing the internet in ways that prey on consumers.

“He stopped nine companies from providing discounted high-speed internet service to low-income individuals. He withdrew an effort to keep prison phone rates down, and he scrapped an effort to break open the cable box market,” the New York Times reported. A Wall Street industry analyst said, “The speed of the ruling and the chairman’s tone are very encouraging to internet service providers. I think it’s a down payment on [cutting] net neutrality, with much more to follow.”

Pai didn’t need Senate confirmation, which is the case for the thousands of federal appointees each president makes. As Matt Wood, policy director for Free Press said, “The public wants an FCC that helps people.

Instead, it got one that does favors for powerful corporations that its chairman used to work for..."

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...orporate-state
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2017 at 10:12 AM.

BANNED

Well, we will have to respectfully disagree. I know I am a Liberal and hold those views, but I certainly can't stop you from thinking what you want of me.
    Should we let you know if and when those alleged views are ever reflected by your words and actions? Just as a service, to help you out?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Respecting the law, having proper immigration laws and vetting.

Why can't people see this? When did the mainstream left become the corporate party?
    A lot of my Liberal friends feel very on the outs of this new Neo-Liberalism and Regressive SJW type of fear mongering.
    We have hopes that the Dems will pull it together for 2018 and 2020 and gain control of the ship, however.

BANNED

We have hopes that the Dems will pull it together for 2018 and 2020 and gain control of the ship, however.
    We can only hope.

BANNED

He's too busy attacking liberals to be one -- if it were a club, he'd already have his card revoked.

I thought he'd already settled on "libertarian" but apparently it hasn't settled in yet.
    As I said, I certainly can't help how you feel about my views. I have voted Dem in every election since 88, this is the first time I actually wrote in a vote.
    I know I am a Liberal, and I really don't think there is a 'card'.

Ultimate Member

As I said, I certainly can't help how you feel about my views. I have voted Dem in every election since 88, this is the first time I actually wrote in a vote.
    I know I am a Liberal, and I really don't think there is a 'card'.
    People's politics shift as they get older, even if they can't admit it to themselves.

There are plenty of people out there who are "conservatives" now, who were "liberal" in their youth, and vice versa.

It's too general a term to define (or debate) regardless -- I'll just point out that the vast majority of the posts you've made and ideologies you've espoused have been more supportive of conservative values than those of liberals: if it were just me who felt this way, it would be one thing, but everyone else here seems to agree on this as well.

That said, no one can stop you from defining yourself however you please, but you shouldn't expect your inconsistencies as a "liberal" to go unnoticed by others.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2017 at 10:07 AM.

BANNED

I am a fan of Joe Rogan's podcast, and I watched the entire Milo one.
    The pedo stuff is so far out of context it isn't even in the same universe.
    I am Liberal and I agree with some of Milo, but I like Ben Shapiro more, because he gets the same points across without the inflammatory antics.
    I don't think Milo is a fascist or a Nazi..those words are being used to the point where they simply have lessened meaning. Disagreeing with the tactics of Neo-Liberalism and the Regressive Left doesn't make you a fascist. Disagreeing with the radical positions of BLM members (such as the teacher in Seattle that DEMANDED that white people give all their money to BLM) doesn't make you a fascist. And opposing the tactics of morons like Antifa doesn't make you a fascist.
    First of all, if you can call yourself a liberal I had better start calling myself a vegetarian next time I sit down to eat at a burger king. Second of all, and you people never understand this, CONTEXT DOESN'T MATTER. Comey said "I'm reviewing more emails," and no conservative asked about the context, they just elected the death of the United States. So when Milo is called a pedophile, he deserves the same benefit of the doubt: none.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

A lot of my Liberal friends feel very on the outs of this new Neo-Liberalism and Regressive SJW type of fear mongering.
    Yeah, people right and left are pushed more and more away by both.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Yeah, people right and left are pushed more and more away by both.
    And some were never there to begin with.

Like I keep telling you -- I'm always glad to know where people like you (and him) stand on these issues regardless: no one should have to "win over" anyone to fighting against things like racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, and Islamophobia.

The election of Trump made it crystal clear for the whole world to see exactly where you stand as a whole on said issues.

Nobody "pushed" them away -- they were never with us to begin with.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2017 at 11:24 AM.