Page 621 of 678 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631671 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 10158

You can't support Trump and or the current GOP agenda and be a Liberal. period.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

... For example, look at what the Federal Communications Commission just did after Trump elevated Ajit Pai, an ex-lawyer for Verizon who was in the panel’s minority of Republicans under Obama, as its new chairman. Under Pai, the FEC released a dozen directives further privatizing the internet in ways that prey on consumers.

“He stopped nine companies from providing discounted high-speed internet service to low-income individuals. He withdrew an effort to keep prison phone rates down, and he scrapped an effort to break open the cable box market,” the New York Times reported. A Wall Street industry analyst said, “The speed of the ruling and the chairman’s tone are very encouraging to internet service providers. I think it’s a down payment on [cutting] net neutrality, with much more to follow.”

Pai didn’t need Senate confirmation, which is the case for the thousands of federal appointees each president makes. As Matt Wood, policy director for Free Press said, “The public wants an FCC that helps people.

Instead, it got one that does favors for powerful corporations that its chairman used to work for..."

http://www.alternet.org/election-201...orporate-state
    Thanks for posting about this. The net neutrality issue is something that I'm sure millions of voters knew absolutely nothing about and they'll wonder what hit them when more of this kind of "reform" takes place. I was already getting flyers last year from the provider about new packages that promise faster connections...for a price. I can see them creating a class system of internet users and us peons will have to dig deeper and deeper to log on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    You can't support Trump and or the current GOP agenda and be a Liberal. period.
    Hold my beer.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Sweeden, Kentucky

Sweeden is an unincorporated community in north-central Edmonson County, Kentucky, United States. The population of Sweeden's ZCTA was 171 at the 2000 census.[1] It is part of the Bowling Green, Kentucky Metropolitan Statistical Area.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweeden,_Kentucky

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Last edited by Shining Trapezohedron; 02-20-2017 at 10:39 AM.

BANNED

If you can use "regressive" to describe people who think women should be treated like human beings but refuse to condemn actions that jeopardize minorities and the environment, liberals don't want you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    I just don't know with this president anymore. Every day is a fresh new hell of stupidity.
    Is Bowling Green the center of the Lizard People or something?

Ultimate Member
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    If you can use "regressive" to describe people who think women should be treated like human beings but refuse to condemn actions that jeopardize minorities and the environment, liberals don't want you.
    They are not "Women"!
    Get it right! They are "hosts".

Yes, described as such by Republicans.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Stepford Talking Heads.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Trump's aides don't want to admit the President is golfing

What's another euphemism for golfing? Small balls delegation? Course correction? Greens Conference?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

What's another euphemism for golfing? Small balls delegation? Course correction? Greens Conference?
    Being a better President than when he's signing bills?

Having a stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    It boils down to you not doing your share in preventing a catastrophic outcome, no matter how you spin it.
    I certainly that applies to every voter that neglected to vote at all, as opposed to blaming non-voting strictly on a given candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The only lesson we're learning here is how way too many Sanders' supporters would gladly let the world burn on "principle".

You have no way of knowing if Sanders would have won, so you have no real argument that proves that he should have been the nominee.

Conversely, 3rd party votes helped put Trump in office, so -- yeah -- you do share responsibility for that as one of the "never Hillary" crowd, even though you will never admit it.
    Same question: is *everyone* who didn't vote responsible for not having voted, regardless of what Hillary did or didn't do?