Page 622 of 678 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 10158

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    I certainly that applies to every voter that neglected to vote at all, as opposed to blaming non-voting strictly on a given candidate.
    Same question: is *everyone* who didn't vote responsible for not having voted, regardless of what Hillary did or didn't do?
    IMO, Yes. With an asterisk for those who literally were unable to vote for real reasons.

I've repeatedly said that if half the people who thought their vote didn't matter voted then the political map would change drastically.

Invincible Member

In Milo's apology he states that as a journalist, he has exposed child molesters. Has anyone seen any of these articles?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    IMO, Yes. With an asterisk for those who literally were unable to vote for real reasons.

I've repeatedly said that if half the people who thought their vote didn't matter voted then the political map would change drastically.
    Right. While there's nothing wrong with critiquing a candidate's past performance, the blame should never be placed exclusively on the candidate, as I've seen in the apologias like "Black people didn't vote for Hillary because Bill was tough on crime in the 90s" and similar nonsense.

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I just don't know with this president anymore. Every day is a fresh new hell of stupidity.
    Is Bowling Green the center of the Lizard People or something?
    Alex Jones sure thinks so.

Contradicting Trump on Russia: Russian Officials

WASHINGTON — For months, President Trump and his aides have insisted that they had no contact with Russian officials during the presidential campaign, a denial Mr. Trump repeated last week.

“I have nothing to do with Russia,” he told reporters on Thursday. “To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.”

The denial stands at odds with statements by Russian officials, who have at least twice acknowledged contacts with aides to Mr. Trump before the election.
    The dispute began two days after the Nov. 8 election, when Sergei A. Ryabkov, the Russian deputy foreign minister, said his government had maintained contacts with members of Mr. Trump’s “immediate entourage” during the campaign.

“I cannot say that all, but a number of them maintained contacts with Russian representatives,” Mr. Ryabkov said during an interview with the Interfax news agency.
    More recently, Russia’s ambassador to Washington, Sergey I. Kislyak, told The Washington Post that he had communicated frequently during the campaign with Michael T. Flynn, a close campaign adviser to Mr. Trump who became the president’s national security adviser before resigning from the position last week.

“It’s something all diplomats do,” The Post quoted Mr. Kislyak as saying, though he refused to say what subjects they discussed.
    Except they weren't diplomats and they didn't represent the country before Jan 20th.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And if you paid more attention to politics, then maybe you would see the wisdom in things like not letting Republicans pick a supreme court judge, no matter ow you feel about the opposition.
    Let's break this down...

The real reason that is going to happen is lots of folks who don't really oppose the Dems ideas still being in a lousy spot at the end of eight years where a Democrat was President.

Until Democrats get this, it's going to keep happening. If you want to pack the Supreme Court, don't just assume you can skip a state where voters probably have concerns while still winning that state.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Let's break this down...

The real reason that is going to happen is lots of folks who don't really oppose the Dems ideas still being in a lousy spot at the end of eight years where a Democrat was President.
    ...and a Republican Congress prevented him from passing any bills related to jobs stimulus and re-education in said regions.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...tructure-bill/
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/politi...-bill-blocked/
    http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/oba...cked-500-bills
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jobs_Act

So if anyone is to blame for that, it's the Republicans who had no money for jobs spending -- but now suddenly have enough money to build a wall (just as they had enough money for tax cuts and Bush's ill-fated "war on terror").

The question was asked earlier if (lower-class) Republican voters should be forgiven for their incompetence, and I think it's a fair question.

You can keep trying to put this solely on the Democrats, but at a certain point personal responsibility plays into voting.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump's aides don't want to admit the President is golfing

What's another euphemism for golfing? Small balls delegation? Course correction? Greens Conference?
    He's not golfing.

He's bowling on the greens.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    ...and a Republican Congress prevented him from passing any bills related to jobs stimulus and re-education in said regions.

So if anyone is to blame for that, it's the Republicans who had no money for jobs spending, but now suddenly have enough money to build a wall.

The question was asked earlier if (lower-class) Republican voters should be forgiven for their incompetence, and I think it's a fair question.

You can keep trying to put this solely on the Democrats, but at a certain point personal responsibility plays into voting.
    By this bonehead reasoning, every person who voted for HRC in the primary should owe someone an apology.

That's idiotic.

People made the play they believed made the most sense. It wound up costing them. That cost is enough.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    By this bonehead reasoning, every person who voted for HRC in the primary should owe someone an apology.

That's idiotic.

People made the play they believed made the most sense. It wound up costing them. That cost is enough.
    Whatever you say.

Enjoy your new president.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

(Edited because I know better by now -- but I'll still leave the video up in response.)

So, OK... He killed a bunch of people; but did he accomplish his goal? Were the people he killed Islamic people, or just random people he came across?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    So, OK... He killed a bunch of people; but did he accomplish his goal? Were the people he killed Islamic people, or just random people he came across?
    ...they were teenagers and adults who were members of a left leaning political party, so yes, he was accomplishing his goal: killing leftists.

BANNED

And the answer is just the opposite. I think Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania are due a year without federal aid once the Democrats regain control. Any state that still has a higher than 50% approval rating of the GOP after 1-4 years of Trump or Pence or Ryan deserves to let their funding help contribute to the environmental relief fund.

BANNED

I certainly that applies to every voter that neglected to vote at all, as opposed to blaming non-voting strictly on a given candidate.
    Same question: is *everyone* who didn't vote responsible for not having voted, regardless of what Hillary did or didn't do?
    No, we're just singling out #30 because his or her vote would have mattered more.

BANNED