Page 451 of 677 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 10152
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He benefits because it benefits the entire economy.
    can you explain further ?

BANNED

But Factories being brought back to USA is somehow a concept too impossible to succeed?

Trump pokes his nose into one of the world's biggest mergers

Yet the merger of the companies – the second-largest deal announced last year -- hasn't been approved by the federal government that Trump now controls - and regulatory concerns remain, especially because it could reshape the world’s food supply. And Trump doesn't yet have an agriculture secretary to even consider whether the deal would help farmers and set policies on such mergers.

The tactic shows how his hands-on style could create problems, how he’s blurring lines in the way traditional government works, and how committed he is to forcing companies to create new American jobs to fulfill his political promises. He has personally become involved in a number of deals, including bids to save jobs at auto plants and with Carrier, an Indiana air conditioning company. His tweets have rattled the stock market and sent company CEOs hurriedly rushing to Trump Tower for a meeting. They have privately angered business executives, who say business policy shouldn't be set by a president-elect in 140 characters.

Publicly, however, executives have spoken glowingly about Trump’s approach to the business community, given they have no other choice.
    This can go bad in so many ways.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    But Factories being brought back to USA is somehow a concept too impossible to succeed?
    Because unless salaries go down all prices will go up. 5000 us$ for an iphone
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

BANNED

"I don't care about employment, i want African children to die for my cheap iPhones!"

Yeah, this is why globalisation is failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanpaul123 View Post
    The same reason slavery passed out. A well paid worker is cheaper than a slave. A well paid worker would spend the money earned on goods and services which means there will be more work to be done and more money to be made by the employer.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Top line that is highlighted:

He's downplaying the phrase and or doesn't really get what it means that well.
    The whole exchange demonstrate he does understand what the phrase means. It is about having the same rights under the law not that we are literally all the same. In context everything he says makes perfect sense. English isn't my mothertongue so I might be missing something.

Extraordinary Member

"I don't care about employment, i want African children to die for my cheap iPhones!"
    False logic -- there's no reason those nations can't be pressured to increase the quality of life for their workers, especially by the companies themselves who could simply choose to do business in countries or with companies that don't use child labor.

In the same way many companies hire "illegals" and pay them under the table in America, these aren't things that Americans "want" so much as unethical things that companies do to make more money for their stockholders.

Trump himself hires foreign workers to tend his vineyards and manufactures many of his products overseas -- shouldn't he be leading by example?
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-17-2017 at 11:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Because when more people have more money, they do more shopping, and more shopping means more profits for the employer and his business. Simplistic? Sure, but that's usually how it works.
    Yeah but with the fear of the ACA being remove people will start saving more of their money instead of spending it dont you think ? so i really dont see a raise of the MW in a near future in US

Yeah, this is why globalisation is failing.

It's not just the iPhones. It's pretty much everything. Manufacturing in the US is just more expensive than anywhere else. American workers would have to be willing to take huge pay cuts to make it viable.

BANNED

Its already explained in the original post.

BANNED

Yeah but with the fear of the ACA being remove people will start saving more of their money instead of spending it dont you think ? so i really dont see a raise of the MW in a near future in US
    Well, that's a problem you only get when you elect deatheaters who want to legismate the entire country into poverty and don't even want the concept of minimum wage to exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Trump himself hires foreign workers to tend his vineyards and manufactures many of his products overseas -- shouldn't he be leading by example?
    That's where you're right. He's gonna make those 7 million illegal citizens into legal Americans not to be exploitable by corporations again.

he'll deport the 3-4 million prisoners sucking you tax money though.

CNN/ORC Poll: Confidence drops in Trump transition

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump will become president Friday with an approval rating of just 40%, according to a new CNN/ORC Poll, the lowest of any recent president and 44 points below that of President Barack Obama, the 44th president.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

BANNED

That's where you're right. He's gonna make those 7 million illegal citizens into legal Americans....
    So you're saying he's not planning to run for a second term?