Page 287 of 678 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 10158
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    How many fake accusations are there versus truthful ones again?
    That's a good question in this world of human error and limited resources and politicized institutions/entities/agencies and fact checkers and he said, she said and smart deceptions. It'd help if the truth if life wasn't always so surprisingly elusive and out of reach. Hell, so much of what happens in the world never makes it to the TV or internet or court or etc.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-15-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So let's see if we can guess what some of the prerequisites for the picks so far:

White preferred but optional
    Billionaire
    Experience on Fox News
    Membership in Putin fan club a plus

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    But is christianity the one who is trying to progress, just this year pope Francis allowed Priest to forgive people who committed abortions, the pope is also asking for forgiveness for the treatment of gay in the past, they progressing

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/11/21/eu...olve-abortion/
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-po...-idUSKCN0ZC12E

Also just because a group does a thing doesnt mean who should focus/worry on the actions of other groups, pointing out that christian bomb abortion clinics in USA solves nothing with the problem of muslim terrorism around the world.
    Catholicism is not all of Christianity. Many Protestant groups in the U.S. are going backward, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Nope. The need for prior consent to touch someone's genitals is not ambiguous. It's scary that you think that.

It helped him with rapists and rape apologists, I guess.

I've never bragged about sexual assault in casual remarks. I don't think that's a common thing, outside of prison.
    Since it's obvious that others don't share your opinions-- not all of whom are "rapists" or "rape apologists"-- your statement bears no basis in fact, only in your own belief system.

I didn't say others had to have bragged about committing the particular action Trump bragged about, only that some voters might have resented the media putting him on public trial for remarks made over ten years ago, which were at best circumstantial evidence about things Trump may or may not have actually done. As I said in another post, if Trump had actually said something like, "I grabbed the *** of Miss America 2005," I for one would have no problem with using it against not only politically, but also legally. But the way the actual statement was phrased, it added up to a big zero, and that's why I say that the video's publication may have done Trump's campaign more good than harm.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Let's not forget - not let it be forgotten - this wasn't casual, innocent convo accidentally or maliciously captured. He was on camera for a show. He knew they were taping. And he's badmouthing and plotting assault on people they're working with.

No matter how many women come forward and say he did just what he's bragging about and they didn't like it or consent, those are the people who'll still insist "it was consent! Donald said so and his voice is the one that matters!" Either because they're genuinely ignorant, or because they're a rapey bastard. Or, something between.

I think, unfortunately, that's exactly what it means: There are way more people under-informed about consent in America than we'd like to admit, and some of them are rapey A.F.
    You can't possibly believe Trump expected those remarks to be broadcast in any form, just because he was conversing with an interviewer before the interview proper. Given that Billy Bush is falling in with Trump's sentiments, the Donald would have expected NBC to eighty-six anything not germane to the actual interview. The video's preservation was probably accidental in the sense that the company just held onto it out of sheer habit, but there's no indication that NBC intended to use it. Weren't you one of the posters who claimed, some weeks back, that NBC didn't intend to release the video on its own authority; that it only got released because of some employee's initiative? That would argue that even over ten years later, NBC didn't want to get on Trump's bad side-- and that has more to do with the power he commands, not because they're "rapey A.F."

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Since it's obvious that others don't share your opinions-- not all of whom are "rapists" or "rape apologists"-- your statement bears no basis in fact, only in your own belief system.
    Not "belief system," that's the law. That's how US law on consent works.

remarks made over ten years ago, which were at best circumstantial evidence about things Trump may or may not have actually done.
    "Circumstantial evidence" = taped confession.

The same people who fell in love with him for that are barking at the moon for Clinton to be jailed and murdered for being investigated and found innocent.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Sorry, orders from on high not to do this (sarcasm):
    Yeah, nobody should do it. If the same content is going in both threads then they should be merged.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Not "belief system," that's the law. That's how US law on consent works.

"Circumstantial evidence" = taped confession.

The same people who fell in love with him for that are barking at the moon for Clinton to be jailed and murdered for being investigated and found innocent.
    Cite the law that says, "We can convict Trump for sexual assault because he makes general sexist remarks, and claims to have committed assault without specifying a victim." Of course you cannot: there is no such law, except in the court of public opinion, a.k.a. social belief systems.

Again, I said I had no problem with using the tape as evidence against him legally, if he had specified a victim, which would have made it more than just loose talk. The fact that you can keep belaboring this garbage video as if it was real evidence speaks to your inability to understand how the law actually works.

BANNED

I didn't say others had to have bragged about committing the particular action Trump bragged about, only that some voters might have resented the media putting him on public trial for remarks made over ten years ago, which were at best circumstantial evidence about things Trump may or may not have actually done. As I said in another post, if Trump had actually said something like, "I grabbed the *** of Miss America 2005," I for one would have no problem with using it against not only politically, but also legally. But the way the actual statement was phrased, it added up to a big zero, and that's why I say that the video's publication may have done Trump's campaign more good than harm.
    My belief system is just "don't rape." Anyone who doesn't share it should be institutionalized for the good of society.

Have you ever raped a woman? If not, why do you seem to have such a personal stake in defending sex abusers, rape and rapists?
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 12-15-2016 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

You can't possibly believe Trump expected those remarks to be broadcast in any form, just because he was conversing with an interviewer before the interview proper. Given that Billy Bush is falling in with Trump's sentiments, the Donald would have expected NBC to eighty-six anything not germane to the actual interview. The video's preservation was probably accidental in the sense that the company just held onto it out of sheer habit, but there's no indication that NBC intended to use it. Weren't you one of the posters who claimed, some weeks back, that NBC didn't intend to release the video on its own authority; that it only got released because of some employee's initiative? That would argue that even over ten years later, NBC didn't want to get on Trump's bad side-- and that has more to do with the power he commands, not because they're "rapey A.F."
    Access Hollywood found it and was going to, and eventually did, a censored piece that protected Bush. Someone in NBC didn't like that and leaked the raw tape. There were no plans to sit on it.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Cite the law that says, "We can convict Trump for sexual assault because he makes general sexist remarks
    Show his conviction.

Show me where we tried, convicted, and jailed or otherwise legally punished him for this.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not to sound glib, but why in the world would Trump need a press secretary when he can just blurb shit out on Twitter at 3 a.m. or whenever the mood hits him?
    Cause he needs someone to do damage control after said tweets...

BANNED

that was a legit question I had

since he's going to talk "directly to the people" because the press are all liars

why bother with a Press Secretary?

hell, why even have a White house Press Corps?

BANNED