Page 618 of 678 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 10158
    BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Again, not paying attention.

He might as well be on a milk crate down by the bridge.
    And if you paid more attention to politics, then maybe you would see the wisdom in things like not letting Republicans pick a supreme court judge, no matter ow you feel about the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And if you paid more attention to politics, then maybe you would see the wisdom in things like not letting Republicans pick a supreme court judge, no matter ow you feel about the opposition.
    Are you saying it boils down to him not doing his share in preventing a catastrophic outcome, no matter how he spins it?

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's rather ironic that Milo is an immigrant (born in Greece, immigrated from the UK) who said he's against immigration. Kinda makes him Trump's kind of shitbag.
    The Epitome of "F*ck you, got mine!"

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    The Epitome of "F*ck you, got mine!"
    Exactly. Just GOP fuckwads who have a lavish health plan but are obsessed with depriving the little guys of theirs. Milo is a flat out deviant who shouldn't be allowed any sort of stage to spew his garbage.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I notice you're not mention some other CPAC keynote speakers, like Donald Trump, Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter, who continued to thrive.
    He's conveniently avoiding the fact that all of those individuals -- and many more such as Rush Limbaugh, Steve Bannon, Ted Nugent, and Alex Jones -- are responsible for the rise of the current "alt-right" and "Tea Party-lite" Republican party as we know it.

You know, the kind of rabble-rousers and naysayers that get a lot of Republicans out to actually vote -- even if that vote is based on lies about how crime is at it's highest rate ever, or nonsense like how Sandy Hook was a "false flag" operation to take away gun rights.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...ar-20-year-low
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_...iracy_theories

It can probably be safely said now that the only thing that really matters to 30 is his own safety and his own opinion -- he "can't see" anything else being true if it doesn't agree with his perspective.

Even if you provide facts about how Trump is dismantling things like voting rights, health care, and the EPA and dodging questions on issues of sexism, racism, and anti-Semitism, apparently those things don't matter to him enough to admit that both candidates weren't "equal" by any stretch of the imagination.

So if he "doesn't see" people like Milo, Coulter, Trump, and Bannon as a "threat" then that's his choice, and obviously the only way he may (or may not) learn at this point is through experiencing a "non-Clinton" Trump presidency, just like he wanted.

Coincidentally, if I recall correctly, this echoes how the last Republican president got in office (Bush lost the popular vote as well), and I think we all remember how that turned out.

I'd venture that the only thing Trump is waiting for now is a (non-white) "terrorist attack" on American soil -- or an Iranian "provocation" -- so he can follow up on Rumsfield's legacy and try "boost" his popularity while taking all the oil from the Middle East.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I'll never understand the logic behind this. The current politicians and journalists are supposed to out of touch with the average person, but Trump a egocentric billionaire is supposed to be different because he says "America first?"

Invincible Member

I'm at work right now so I can't post video clips, but I'm surprised that no one has shown the one of Larry Wilmore telling Milo to go f**k himself.

Invincible Member

Also, some Trump fans now think that there actually was a terrorist attack in Sweden, but that the media is covering it up for some unknown reason...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Also, some Trump fans now think that there actually was a terrorist attack in Sweden, but that the media is covering it up for some unknown reason...
    All part of the plan.

Lugenpresse.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lying_press

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    "Undermined" ain't "Stripped".

It's not even close.
    But they're both pretty damaging.Gerrymandering is one of the reasons fascists currently control the government. If an organized group of racists like the GOP can suppress the black vote, then an organized group of good people can put gerrymandering in place to suppress the elderly vote, and kneecap the conservative base. An ideal form of suppression would be to make Republicans fear to leave their houses on Election Day, a stepping stone towards removing them from all functional elements of society.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post

And that's what it's pretty useless to try to discuss things with you -- you have completely opposite standards for what constitutes "believable" depending on whether you are saying it, or someone else is saying it.
    I've never seen anyone so self righteous towards people who actually chose to have an opinion.

Trump's kind of women

Why do all the women on Fox News look and dress alike? Republicans prefer blondes

This got me thinking about the look of American rightwing women in general. There is a cliche about how leftwing women look – popular, as it happens, on the right wing – and it can pretty much be summed up as “ugly, jack-booted, feminazi psycho lesbian”. Think any negative stereotype about feminists in the 1970s, or any endorsed by Rod Liddle today, and you have the vision. Even arguing with this cliche feels like a means of giving it credence but, seriously, you only need to look at, say, MSNBC, the American leftwing cable news channel, to see how absurd it is. There’s Andrea Mitchell, who Gawker once described as looking “like all the Golden Girls at once”, which is literally the highest compliment I’ve ever heard; the fabulous Joy-Ann Reid, one of the most prominent female African-American correspondents in the country, who can rock a block-coloured shift dress like nobody’s business; and probably most famously, Rachel Maddow, the no-nonsense evening host who gives Republicans a shrift as short as her hair. (OK, that analogy might need some punching up.) The point is, the diversity is great when it comes to the styles of leftwing media women, and we haven’t even discussed American leftwing political women. I mean, I’ve heard them described as “shrill” (which I think is Republican speak for “female I haven’t paid for”) but no one’s ever going to confuse Nancy Pelosi and Elizabeth Warren.
    But then we turn to rightwing women. Kellyanne Conway, Scottie Nell Hughes, Tomi Lahren, Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, Ivanka Trump, and pretty much every single woman on Fox News: a uniform vision of girlishly long bottle-blond hair. When I see them all lined up as talking heads on the news, I get a rare insight into what it must be like to gaze upon the bar area of one of those private American tennis clubs that don’t allow anyone who’s name is “too urban” or ends in -stein or -berg. Welcome, people, to death by Wasp.
    So many blondes, it's creepy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

I believe as of today 45 has served longer than William Henry Harrison, who died of pneumonia 30 days in. In other news, God still hates you.

It's a shame, pneumonia would have been a satisfactorily painful way to watch Trump die.

Ultimate Member

I've never seen anyone so self righteous towards people who actually chose to have an opinion.
    Or who actually voted, rather than just complaining about the problem.

Even Sanders himself pointed out that the goal should be to do "everything (we) can to defeat Donald Trump."

Especially voting.

Win the midterms (and Congress) then people like Sanders can actually put forth a "progressive" agenda.

Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-20-2017 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Or who actually voted to try to change things, rather than just complaining about the problem.

Even Sanders himself pointed out that the goal should be to do "everything (we) can to defeat Donald Trump."

Especially voting.

Win the midterms (and Congress) then people like Sanders can actually put forth a "progressive" agenda -- it's that basic.

Priority One is undoing every decision that the 115th Congress has made. We need to make it as though 2017 and 2018 never happened.