Page 279 of 678 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 10158
    BANNED

This is a really good read on how Cliton lost Michigan, TLDR: Bad campaigning and really poor decisions.

Michigan from the beginning, but been ordered not to — dialed Clinton’s top campaign aides to tell them about the new plan. According to several people familiar with the call, Brooklyn was furious.

Turn that bus around, the Clinton team ordered SEIU. Those volunteers needed to stay in Iowa to fool Donald Trump into competing there, not drive to Michigan, where the Democrat’s models projected a 5-point win through the morning of Election Day.

Michigan organizers were shocked. It was the latest case of Brooklyn ignoring on-the-ground intel and pleas for help in a race that they felt slipping away at the end.

“They believed they were more experienced, which they were. They believed they were smarter, which they weren’t,” said Donnie Fowler, who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee during the final months of the campaign. “They believed they had better information, which they didn’t.”

Politico spoke to a dozen officials working on or with Clinton’s Michigan campaign, and more than a dozen scattered among other battleground states, her Brooklyn headquarters and in Washington who describe an ongoing fight about campaign tactics, an inability to get top leadership to change course.

With Clinton’s team ignoring or rejecting requests, Democratic operatives in Michigan and other battleground states might have turned to the DNC. But they couldn’t; they weren’t allowed to ask for help.

State officials were banned from speaking directly to anyone at the DNC in Washington. (“Welcome to DNC HQ,” read a blue and white sign behind the reception desk in Brooklyn that appeared after the ouster of Debbie Wasserman Schultz just before the July convention).
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-17-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    That's bullshit. The context is that he does it without PRIOR CONSENT and then they don't stop him because he's rich and powerful. Taking sexual liberties without consent is the thread that runs through all of the more than a dozen or so allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct made against Trump, including some made before the tape came out.
    Talk about "fake news."

"And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything."

The "true news" is that the context is not as unambiguous as you like to represent; it can be read either way.

The greater significance of the tape is that it probably helped Trump more than it hurt him. The liberals thought all of America would be horrified, but because the remarks are not as clear-cut as you and others have claimed, the tape's release probably made some people covertly sympathize with Trump. Who among us would like to see their casual remarks, remarks never meant for general consumption, turn up on TV over ten years later?

BANNED

More white women did vote for Trump than Hillary, which woman would want to vote for a woman who is so desperate to win, she releases tapes of her opponent in hopes to change public opiion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One Theory...there are others

How Trump Won
    Very much an advocate of the idea that the working class whites made all the difference, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    It's the second time I've heard it from a Trump supporter on CBR, too. I guess only people who define consent this way could bring themselves to vote for Trump.
    If that's a reference to me, I actually voted for Hillary, whether you believe it or not.

BANNED

Former CIA head calls Comrade Trump a "Political 9/11"

But Unlike 9/11, people everywhere are going to suffer from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

I disagree, watch the video that's at the bottom of the article.
    Thanks for the link. I could barely hear the last part of the interview, but I thought Sanders made his point cogently: that the masses who voted for Trump did so not out of racism or sexism, but because his appearance of being a "maverick," to borrow a catch-word from a less successful candidate, convinced them that he might do something positive. Sanders said that he doesn't buy that snake-oil and neither do I, but it makes a lot more sense than any other "reason Trump won" so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One Theory...there are others

How Trump Won
    This article is... disgusting. It makes Trump's campaign look like a legitimate political movement.

This is pretty bad. We're going to need to make examples of more people than I initially thought.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-17-2016 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    But Unlike 9/11, people everywhere are going to suffer from this.
    Nice of you to ignore all the pointless deaths and wars that the acting Presidents have started since 9/11.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Nice of you to ignore all the pointless deaths and wars that the acting Presidents have started since 9/11.
    Oh there were plenty of deaths, and they were all senseless. But after a few months, a year? The only people left grieving were the families of the victims, and of the troops Cheney sent off to die for our oil. Everyone else just needed to remember to Tweet "Never Forget" once a year and their hands our clean. But this election attacked us right down to our core, to the very foundation of our country, and it all came tumbling down with the election of the most UnAmerican simpleton to ever squeeze his way into the world.

My parents and sister have come to the slow realization that voting for Trump puts my BIL and myself out of a job.

Something my wife, BIL, and myself having been telling them since August.

I think my sister is the one that finally gets how bad it is going to get because they just got a fancy, big house, and now they're going to lose it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    My parents and sister have come to the slow realization that voting for Trump puts my BIL and myself out of a job.
    I'd love to hear the likely sketchy causal connection of how Trump means bye bye to the particular jobs. Do they work for the Obama admin in DC?...because that would make sense I suppose and that's to be expected. Or are people presuming too much too early or thinking the President (who is not the most powerful branch in the US) has more power than he does?
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Talk about "fake news."

"And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything."

The "true news" is that the context is not as unambiguous as you like to represent; it can be read either way.

The greater significance of the tape is that it probably helped Trump more than it hurt him. The liberals thought all of America would be horrified, but because the remarks are not as clear-cut as you and others have claimed, the tape's release probably made some people covertly sympathize with Trump. Who among us would like to see their casual remarks, remarks never meant for general consumption, turn up on TV over ten years later?
    Nope. The need for prior consent to touch someone's genitals is not ambiguous. It's scary that you think that.

It helped him with rapists and rape apologists, I guess.

I've never bragged about sexual assault in casual remarks. I don't think that's a common thing, outside of prison.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 12-14-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'd love to hear the likely sketchy causal connection of how Trump means bye bye to the particular jobs. Do they work for the Obama admin in DC?...because that would make sense I suppose and that's to be expected. Or are people presuming too much too early or thinking the President (who is not the most powerful branch in the US) has more power than he does?
    DOE, science jobs, and social services are on his radar for massive cuts.

Both of us got letters in November saying "prepare your butts."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Trump campaign got into a big fight with Twitter over an emoji. Really.

Representatives from most of America’s high-profile technology companies met with Donald Trump at Trump Tower today. But there was a conspicuous absence: Twitter.

The irony, of course, is that Twitter is Trump’s preferred communication platform. But Politico’s Nancy Scola reports that this wasn’t an oversight. The Trump transition team deliberately snubbed Twitter in retaliation for a pre-election dispute over a custom emoji advertising deal. The Trump campaign, for its part, denies the Politico report, arguing that Twitter was simply too small to make the cut.

The Trump campaign’s feud with Twitter began when the campaign wanted to pay Twitter to add an emoji of a bag of money flying away anytime a Twitter user typed the hashtag #CrookedHillary. Twitter has offered this kind of “custom emoji” service to a number of deep-pocketed advertising customers. But according to a senior Trump campaign official, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey balked at the request, and the Trump campaign retaliated by canceling their advertising deal with Twitter.
    Now if only Trump's Twitter privileges would just fly away too.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.