Page 4 of 678 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

He seems to be confusing our trade imbalance with the national deficit. As if correcting the trade balance would go to the Federal Government. This doesn't take into account that his plans are wholly unworkable, no matter what the goal is.

BANNED

image.jpg

Whenever Trump talks about economics or foreign policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    image.jpg

Whenever Trump talks about economics or foreign policy.

I saw him talking about Yellen and the Fed, and seemed to not understand what the Fed does or what Yellen's policy is about. He kept calling her a "low interest person". I guess because she is currently keeping rates low. But it really doesn't make sense.

BANNED

Sadly most of those supporting him don't know how any of it works either, and hear his simple statements and what passes for "plans" and swallow it because it's simple and easy enough to do so. That it won't work, couldn't even begin to work, and every expert in the various fields are screaming "That's not possible, that's never going to happen!" it doesn't matter. "Keep the Mooslims out? F##k yeah. Build a wall, keep the Messicans out? F##k yeah." Says sexist/racist/violence-inciting things? "Speaks his mind, none of that politically correct crap". He knows what he's doing, even if he really doesn't know what he's going to be doing.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

If only everyone was as intelligent and enlightened as us.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Sadly most of those supporting him don't know how any of it works either, and hear his simple statements and what passes for "plans" and swallow it because it's simple and easy enough to do so. That it won't work, couldn't even begin to work, and every expert in the various fields are screaming "That's not possible, that's never going to happen!" it doesn't matter. "Keep the Mooslims out? F##k yeah. Build a wall, keep the Messicans out? F##k yeah." Says sexist/racist/violence-inciting things? "Speaks his mind, none of that politically correct crap". He knows what he's doing, even if he really doesn't know what he's going to be doing.
    Of course Trump doesn't know what he's doing. I'm of the opinion Trump never figured to get this far since, in any other campaign year, he wouldn't have lasted beyond the first debate, but now he's making it up on the fly. That hardly makes him presidential quality.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Well, the sample of people on a comic book message board is already skewed as being folks who know how to read, follow a complex storyline and know how to turn on a computer. Many of Trump's supporters would never be able to figure out the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Well, the sample of people on a comic book message board is already skewed as being folks who know how to read, follow a complex storyline and know how to turn on a computer. Many of Trump's supporters would never be able to figure out the Dark Phoenix Saga.
    Are you kidding? Many of Trump's supporters wouldn't know how to program an alarm clock.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Were I to take his shtick at face value and believe he believes every thing he's saying then yeah, I'd say there are a dozen or so regulars here who know more about the way the world works than that candidate. I think he's smarter than he plays and is appealing to those who do actually know next to nothing other than they're not happy with their lot in life, and Muslims/Mexicans/"mouthy" women/etc. make a heck of a scapegoat for all the world's problems.

If you think you can (or hell, should) ban all Muslims from entering the country is so beyond ridiculous it can't seriously be argued for. Nor can rounding up over 10 million folks and shipping them over the border, or building a border wall, or getting Mexico to pay for said wall, or thinking a wall is going to keep people out. That doesn't take a paragon of enlightenment to be aware of. Just common sense and taking more than 10 seconds to consider it. Which is about 9 seconds more than the average Trump voter probably devotes to them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Wait, we're supposed to be able to read?

Uh-oh...

:P

Nah, butt seriously, I see the point you're driving at. Real life is far more complicated than the easy answers politicians give out.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Were I to take his shtick at face value and believe he believes every thing he's saying then yeah, I'd say there are a dozen or so regulars here who know more about the way the world works than that candidate. I think he's smarter than he plays and is appealing to those who do actually know next to nothing other than they're not happy with their lot in life, and Muslims/Mexicans/"mouthy" women/etc. make a heck of a scapegoat for all the world's problems.
    Indeed.

If you think you can (or hell, should) ban all Muslims from entering the country is so beyond ridiculous it can't seriously be argued for. Nor can rounding up over 10 million folks and shipping them over the border, or building a border wall, or getting Mexico to pay for said wall, or thinking a wall is going to keep people out. That doesn't take a paragon of enlightenment to be aware of. Just common sense and taking more than 10 seconds to consider it. Which is about 9 seconds more than the average Trump voter probably devotes to them.
    I don't believe he'll actually get close to managing to do any of those things, so much as possibly get policies enacted that'll just make life more difficult for people.

Butt the candidates bank on playing to people's dreams and people get caught up in the fervor. Hard to blame them, I guess. I'd like to think more people are more levelheaded than the really vocal, public faction lets on, though.

If Trump secures the republican nomination [which will give many party regulars everything from stress-induced indigestion to an out-right heart attack], then goes up against Clinton [or Sanders for that matter], then we will see how widespread this lack of common sense issue really is.

I do predict an aftermath effect that will be felt fro many years regardless of who wins the Presidency. Trump has drawn out people who have been hiding in the shadows, and not many will quietly go back to those shadows after this is over. Issues brought up that aren't going to be simply laughed at and forgotten. It's ugly and dangerous, but it's out there now like a really bad open wound from a Knife attack in a street fight.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Donald Trump Sure Loves This Terrifying, Dystopian Video About His Nightmare Candidacy

Someone made a horrifically disturbing and possibly parodic video about Donald Trump, one that very effectively paints him as the harbinger of our imminent plunge into a violent, authoritarian, dystopian future. So of course Donald Trump has enthusiastically retweeted it, because obviously the videomaker really gets his vision.
    Edit: Looks like this video has been pulled. But I did see about half of it and it was very disturbing.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-04-2016 at 11:46 AM.

People Can’t Stop Vandalizing Donald Trump’s Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

There are plenty of places in the world emblazoned with Donald Trump’s name. But one such place—his 2007 star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame—has been the target of persistent vandalism since Trump kicked off his bid for president in 2015. Graffiti is one thing, but the vandalism goes beyond the written word. Yes, some are even making their anti-Trump feelings known via public urination and defecation. Thanks to the ever present mess, there’s a rumor circulating that Trump’s star will soon be removed.

Trump is like Lex Luthor, only if Lex Luthor was never successful at anything.