Page 501 of 678 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 10158
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This example of his divorce from reality is shockingly acceptable to his supporters. I won't go so far as call him crazy but he has issues with the truth that bear watching during his tenure. He's gotten away with it for so long I don't think he aware that he's doing it.
    Oh, he's aware that he's doing it...he just knows that his fans won't hold him accountable.

The first days inside Trump’s White House: Fury, tumult and a reboot

As his press secretary, Sean Spicer, was still unpacking boxes in his spacious new West Wing office, Trump grew increasingly and visibly enraged.

Pundits were dissing his turnout. The National Park Service had retweeted a photo unfavorably comparing the size of his inauguration crowd with the one that attended Barack Obama’s swearing-in ceremony in 2009. A journalist had misreported that Trump had removed the bust of Martin Luther King Jr. from the Oval Office. And celebrities at the protests were denouncing the new commander in chief — Madonna even referenced “blowing up the White House.”

Trump’s advisers suggested that he could push back in a simple tweet. Thomas J. Barrack Jr., a Trump confidant and the chairman of the Presidential Inaugural Committee, offered to deliver a statement addressing the crowd size.
    But Trump was adamant, aides said. Over the objections of his aides and advisers — who urged him to focus on policy and the broader goals of his presidency — the new president issued a decree: He wanted a fiery public response, and he wanted it to come from his press secretary.

Spicer’s resulting statement — delivered in an extended shout and brimming with falsehoods — underscores the extent to which the turbulence and competing factions that were a hallmark of Trump’s campaign have been transported to the White House.

[What exactly can Trump do? Find out on The Post’s new podcast.]

The broader power struggles within the Trump operation have touched everything from the new administration’s communications shop to the expansive role of the president’s son-in-law to the formation of Trump’s political organization. At the center, as always, is Trump himself, whose ascent to the White House seems to have only heightened his acute sensitivity to criticism.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Oh, yeah. the "That was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe" was pure, pure Trump.

(which from now on we can use as an alternatively factual way of saying bullpucky/malarkey/bologna..)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After less than a WEEK as president, Trump has blown a gasket over something as stupid as the size of his inauguration day crowd, that said, how in hell is he going to stay sane after four YEARS of near daily criticism and second guessing of every single decision he makes, not just from the national media, but from around the world as well? Someone with his dangerously thin skin and petulant, childlike behavior is not suited for the pressure cooker that's the Oval Office. I almost pity the guy as he's gonna wind up with ulcers on top of ulcers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

America’s self-inflicted wound: Protectionism

There is the Clinton/Trump divide in a nutshell. Moreover, Democrats are more supportive of free trade than Republicans, confirming the latter rather than conservatives is now a strongly populist party. (“Nearly two-thirds (64 percent) of Republicans believe free trade is generally harmful. In contrast, only 40 percent of Democrats see free trade agreements as mostly harmful, while 54 percent say free trade agreements are mostly helpful because they open markets and lower the price of goods.”)

As a factual matter we know that most of the aggrieved Trump voters’ problems stem not from trade but from automation. One study from Ball State University finds: “Almost 88% of job losses in manufacturing in recent years can be attributable to productivity growth . . . and the long-term changes to manufacturing employment are mostly linked to the productivity of American factories.” Not even Trump would suggest we slow productivity gains or stop automation; indeed we want to increase productivity, which is the basis for wage growth for American workers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After less than a WEEK as president, Trump has blown a gasket over something as stupid as the size of his inauguration day crowd, that said, how in hell is he going to stay sane after four YEARS of near daily criticism and second guessing of every single decision he makes, not just from the national media, but from around the world as well? Someone with his dangerously thin skin and petulant, childlike behavior is not suited for the pressure cooker that's the Oval Office. I almost pity the guy as he's gonna wind up with ulcers on top of ulcers.
    Sean Spicer will probably get them first if he gets any more marching orders like that disaster on Saturday. Everyone on the usual shows says he's not like that and is a nice guy normally.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

edit*

Nevermind, someone beat me to it.
    Last edited by Handsome men don't lose fights; 01-24-2017 at 12:31 PM.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    After less than a WEEK as president, Trump has blown a gasket over something as stupid as the size of his inauguration day crowd, that said, how in hell is he going to stay sane after four YEARS of near daily criticism and second guessing of every single decision he makes, not just from the national media, but from around the world as well?
    Come on, he hasn't been sane in years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Crap like this is why I am glad the Antifa asshats are being charged with felony riot charges. All they did was provide more ammo for the right and take the focus away from the actual peaceful protests.

I listen that Trump made a similar speech to Bane in batman: dark knight rises..

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...n-graham-nolan

..I've been stoned.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-24-2017 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

This gave me a chuckle.
    Some progressives hung a Banner labeled "Betrayal" at the DNC HQ
    I am so glad the corporate Republicans in Democrats clothing are finally being held to task. Time for some true progressive change.

BANNED

The backlash to Cory Booker voting for corporate interests over actual living human beings is the first sign that people are tired of bought and paid for Democrats. Well actually Clinton losing to Donald Trump was the first sign, but you get my point. Democrats are supposed to be against this kind of crap. They are supposed to hold the fire to Republicans when they vote for money. Not actually take the money and screw the people.
    I have no respect for Booker and I hope any hopes he has for 2020 disappears.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't think that it's Democrats are "bought and paid" for. More like they didn't want to get into a situation where their candidate is considered to be too far to the left like McGovern and get stomped in the election. They've been pretty cautious on some things to be sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think that it's Democrats are "bought and paid" for. More like they didn't want to get into a situation where their candidate is considered to be too far to the left like McGovern and get stomped in the election. They've been pretty cautious on some things to be sure.
    There are some reputable Democrats out there but it is obvious that Booker and Clinton are paid Wall Street shills. The leaked Podesta emails just reinforced the concerns most level headed liberals and progressives had with Clintons cronyism. She was the wrong choice and if the DNC had more people that would have stood up to her and denied her even getting close to being nominated we wouldn't have Donald tiny hands.
    The best thing that will happen is the Democrats will start acting like democrats again and not moderate Republicans.