Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Internet-man View Post
    I figure she deserved one that wasn't started sarcastically. lol
    There was a sarcastic one?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Her new direction in Society could be an interesting start but I hope that she will start to fight the good fight after a few issues, too. Her portraial in the Convergence tie in seemed a bit out of character, while I like to see her impulsive side she seemed to be too reckless for a veteran but I liked how she interacted with Dick.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    There was a sarcastic one?
    It was on the old boards, started before Grayson. It think the person who started it wanted to prove everyone preferred the Bertenelli Huntress, but most of the responses were with genuine affection for the Wayne Huntress.
    I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Her new direction in Society could be an interesting start but I hope that she will start to fight the good fight after a few issues, too. Her portraial in the Convergence tie in seemed a bit out of character, while I like to see her impulsive side she seemed to be too reckless for a veteran but I liked how she interacted with Dick.
    It's an interesting direction for her in Society that's for sure but I'm like you in that I want to see her start fighting the good fight after a bit. I am curious as to what has caused the rift between her and Kara though and why Helena is acting like a super villain of a sort. I didn't much care for her portrayal in Convergence though. She seemed really reckless for someone who'd been in the game awhile and there was no indication that she had put aside her cape in that year under the dome as Stephanie Brown had. About the only thing I liked was her interactions with Dick. Those were nice but everything else was a bit meh. I was extremely disappointed in this issues actually.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    It was on the old boards, started before Grayson. It think the person who started it wanted to prove everyone preferred the Bertenelli Huntress, but most of the responses were with genuine affection for the Wayne Huntress.
    I remember that post as well. In any case I'm not sure about anyone else but I had a difficult time coming to terms with the Bertinelli Huntress. For a good long time I felt like she was nothing more then a cheap imitation for the Huntress I'd grown up with. I wanted to like her but I just couldn't get past that she was not the Huntress I had known and liked. Later of course I came to accept and even like her but it was a real uphill battle for a while.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-08-2015 at 07:32 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I always thought that Helena B. was unnecessary, don't get me wrong I like her character too, but she was invented to be Helena Wayne 2.0 in the continuity following Earth Two. I still think it could have been easy for DC to make a Helena Wayne even without Selina and Bruce being in a "real" relationship. Furthermore writers used stories for Helena B. that originated from Helena W., it just served to affect both characters negatively. At least that's how I feel. Probably one thing why I like the diversity between them Grayson established.

BANNED

I prefere Bertinelli... she's who i read about first and like... i have no idea there's a Helena Wayne till like 8 years after i read about Bertinelli. But I'm ok with Helena Wayne too... Helena Wayne wearing the cross on her costume doesn't make sense though... Is she super religious Italian like Bertinelli ? I don't think Batman is that religious to raise a girl that wears a cross on her chest. Batman is more like a guy of science and logic.
    Last edited by Batarang; 06-08-2015 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I always thought that Helena B. was unnecessary, don't get me wrong I like her character too, but she was invented to be Helena Wayne 2.0 in the continuity following Earth Two. I still think it could have been easy for DC to make a Helena Wayne even without Selina and Bruce being in a "real" relationship. Furthermore writers used stories for Helena B. that originated from Helena W., it just served to affect both characters negatively. At least that's how I feel. Probably one thing why I like the diversity between them Grayson established.
    Yeah, I really hated that aspect to this and back then I didn't see why Helena W. had to be seemingly sacrificed for Helena B. to exist. I didn't understand why the two couldn't coexist at the time when so many other characters from the classic Earth 2 had been transported to the main earth after the Crisis. The whole thing soured me on the new character for a very long time. It really didn't help that they were also seemingly interchangeable because they looked similar and were playing a similar role within the DCU. In any case I like how both of them are coexisting now with both of them having separate, clearly defined roles and that they look different from one another. They are both able to be characters in their own right without pushing out either one's fantasy like before.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-08-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I prefere Bertinelli... she's who i read about first and like... i have no idea there's a Helena Wayne till like 8 years after i read about Bertinelli. But I'm ok with Helena Wayne too... Helena Wayne wearing the cross on her costume doesn't make sense though... Is she super religious Italian like Bertinelli ? I don't think Batman is that religious to raise a girl that wears a cross on her chest. Batman is more like a guy of science and logic.
    It really hasn't looked much like a cross to me. The two arms of it seem to be in more of a "v" shape similar to the one on E2 Catwoman's costume. Helena's Huntress mask is also shaped like her mothers was.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by E.Nigma View Post
    A nod to the old?

from All-Star Comics #69 (November-December 1977)

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. X (December 1985)

Honestly, wouldn't mind seeing her in the main verse.

DC Super-Stars #17 (December 1977)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Huntress and the Earth-1 Batman team up in Brave and the Bold #184.

BB184..jpg

Actually, that's the wrong version of The Huntress for this thread, isn't it?

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cover to the HUNTRESS tpb that reprinted Levitz & Staton stories. Too bad they never reprinted the rest of her stories.

huntresstpb.jpg