Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Default Amazing Spider-Man #1 and I don't get it

https://www.newsarama.com/39604-amaz...review.html#s2

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjEvOTU0L29yaWdpbmFsL2FzbTAwMTIwMThjb3YuanBn.jpg
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjUvNDUwL29yaWdpbmFsL0FTTTIwMTgwMDFfMS5qcGc=.jpg
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMjUvNDUxL29yaWdpbmFsL0FTTTIwMTgwMDFfMi5qcGc=.jpg

Why did everyone hate Spider-Man? Is it because he told a bad joke, because he's a bug like the enemies, or did he do something in the previous run which I haven't read? Either way, I'm confused by that last page. The previous page has some rapid-fire jokes that are also not funny, and from the Newsarama comments where this came from, it looks like I'm not alone in this.

"An alien invasion hits New York City and the only one who can stop it is…Spider-Man?! But that’s far from all you’ll find here – a revelation from the past puts Peter Parker’s job, relationships, and whole life in jeopardy! And if even that’s not enough, you’ll see a new roommate, new love interests – and a new villain! Spider-Man goes back to basics courtesy of Nick Spencer (SECRET EMPIRE, SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN) and the Marvel debut of RYAN OTTLEY (Invincible)!"

Hmph. No remarriage yet and it really does sound... basic.

More importantly, why can't I post full size images on this forum?!

I just realized I post in the wrong place. Please just delete this. It's a trainwreck.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 04-21-2018 at 07:52 AM.