Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I can't wait to get this book
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

"New Avengers #3" variant cover by Chris Burnham & Nathan Fairburn

Another interview:
    http://www.newsarama.com/25760-new-a...-universe.html

Nrama: How did you decide which Avengers to assemble for New Avengers?

Ewing: "New" is the keyword here. I wanted younger characters, heroes who absolutely were Avengers-level but hadn't gotten the breaks yet - mainly because of age, but in Songbird's case because of her past and the direction her life had taken her. Sunspot came with A.I.M., and I loved that whole idea when Jonathan Hickman introduced it, so I wanted to do something with that. Pod is fascinating - this completely new character, part human, part something very strange and non-human - so she was in from the start. Power Man and White Tiger came from my Mighty Avengers run, because I wasn't done with them yet. Wiccan and Hulkling are too cool to leave on the shelf - I'm taking a cue from Kieron Gillen there, but also from Ryan North's Hulkling - I'm a big fan of his stuff, which brings us to Squirrel Girl. That's the fan in me. Who does that leave? Songbird and Hawkeye - these two add a little legitimacy. It's long past time Songbird got her spot, and it's always a lot of fun to have Hawkeye around - my take on him is based almost entirely on the LCD Soundsystem song "Losing My Edge", which I'm sure all readers will know.

It's a good cast, a nice balance. Maybe a little on the large side, but I'm confident I can bring the character moments.

Nrama: You mentioned Songbird. She's ne of the more interesting characters in your roster, and is finally fulfilling a destiny that was teased all the way back in Avengers Forever more than 15 years ago by becoming an Avenger. Is that something you were aware of when placing her on the team, or was she simply a logical choice for your line-up?

Ewing: A bit of both. I think she was Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort's suggestion originally, but Avengers Forever has been floating in the back of everyone's mind for fifteen years now and we've all been subconsciously waiting for the moment when Songbird goes full Avenger. Is this that moment? Well, it depends on how official you think Sunspot's Avengers are - you might see this as a transitional phase. But it's definitely on the road to that moment.

Actually, it would be pretty cool to have her vanish into the timestream halfway through an issue, do Avengers Forever between panels and then come back! I'll have to re-read that series now.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Astonishing Member

Just read the Premiere Issue of NEW AVENGERS and it appears to be a good start for the former member of the T-Bolts. Some very good inactions (& humerous moments) with her teammates and hopeful, there'll be more action for Ms. Gold within the next Issue.

All-New Member

This seems quite similar to Songbird's power:

'Tractor beam' grabs beads with sound waves

Mighty Member

I like Songbird because she's the rare reformed villain who doesn't really waffle about going back to crime. She's been there, done it, decided to get past it. It seemed to happen more in the silver age, but now whenever a character turns, the next writer always seems in a hurry to "restore" them back to the original alignment. Or worse, do a "will they/won't they" story. Just a let a character actually progress for once.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Spoilers ahead:

New Avengers #2

Pretty fun, great interactions between the members of the team and in the end Songbird saves the day.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1

New Avengers only appear in the cover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    Spoilers ahead:

New Avengers #2

Pretty fun, great interactions between the members of the team and in the end Songbird saves the day.
    Too true.....the writer has truly understood how excellent Songbird has progressed within the second Issue of the NEW AVENGERS Series.

Sadly it's the Best Buy pre-order bonus, so us non-Americans will have to wait till it gets unlocked on the PC version.

Hi just had to say got bitten by the songbird bug just recently due to the New Avengers and loved how she coped in that. real leadership creds. Seen the recommended reads in the opener anymore i should go for?
    New Avengers, all new all different avengers,Ms Marvel,Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,Silk,squadron supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Dmouse View Post
    Hi just had to say got bitten by the songbird bug just recently due to the New Avengers and loved how she coped in that. real leadership creds. Seen the recommended reads in the opener anymore i should go for?
    You can try Spider-Man: New Ways to Die and the Initiative era Moon Knight issues where the Thunderbolts appear too.

Sadly it's the Best Buy pre-order bonus, so us non-Americans will have to wait till it gets unlocked on the PC version.
    WHAT??????????????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! SQUEAL!!!! Will it be on the X-box 360 version????????? I... I... OH GOD!!! MOONNNNNNNNNNSTONE!!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    WHAT??????????????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! SQUEAL!!!! Will it be on the X-box 360 version????????? I... I... OH GOD!!! MOONNNNNNNNNNSTONE!!!!
    Apparently it's only for the PS4/X-One versions for now, but there's an entry on the Steam database for the pack, so it might be unlocked later for the remaining ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmouse View Post
    I know I've said this before, but I can't emphasis this enough: Burning Down the House Thundetbolts #126-127. It's a two-part story where Osborn basically traps Songbird in Thunderbolts mountain, and sets Venom, Bullseye and Moonstone after her. It's EPIC! Truly heart pounding, and Melissa stands as a titan of heroism. To fight tooth-and-nail against those three villains = GLORIOUS!!!

Apparently it's only for the PS4/X-One versions for now, but there's an entry on the Steam database for the pack, so it might be unlocked later for the remaining ones.
    Oh boo! But hopefully YEY it comes to X-box 360. Soooooo excited to play Wiccan (at long last).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 12-19-2015 at 05:02 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Thunderbolts #8 - Songbird: Alone
    Thunderbolts #59 - Silent Scream
    Thunderbolts #63 - Criminal Intent
    Caged Angels
    Thunderbolts: Breaking Point
    Burning Down the House
    Can't go wrong with any of those choices
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

So, there's a new Thunderbolts book coming out:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...reaking_banner

I've been a little disappointed with Songbird's role on the New Avengers and I think I'd rather see her on this new T-Bolts team. Maybe even spark up a romance with Bucky.