Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

What's everyone's thoughts on Songbird being the traitor? On the one hand, I don't get why she was pointing out there are other bugs??? On the other, while it means she'll probably be off the team, it sort of feels in keeping with the character. She was the spy for the Avengers against Zemo's Thunderbolts after #75, she was working against Zemo in New Thunderbolts while pretending to be an ally, she was taking Osborn down from the inside after Civil War. She actually has a good track record of keeping an eye on dangerous players, I'm amazed I didn't think it could be her.

Songbird, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'd read that!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts on Songbird being the traitor? On the one hand, I don't get why she was pointing out there are other bugs??? On the other, while it means she'll probably be off the team, it sort of feels in keeping with the character. She was the spy for the Avengers against Zemo's Thunderbolts after #75, she was working against Zemo in New Thunderbolts while pretending to be an ally, she was taking Osborn down from the inside after Civil War. She actually has a good track record of keeping an eye on dangerous players, I'm amazed I didn't think it could be her.

Songbird, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I'd read that!!!
    New Avengers #11 just added a new twist into the traitor story.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    And it appears that spoilers:
    Melissa's road to redemption with her New Avengers Teammates & Hawkeye won't be easy.....especially in lieu of the fact that she's working with Sunspot
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by CIA View Post
    No one expected this was an interesting twist and New Avengers gained some points with me.
    Last edited by Knives; 05-04-2016 at 02:19 PM.

I wonder what will happen with the remaining members of NA not on USAvengers.

In other news, Songbird PvP season started on MAA:

First Tac/Blaster combination of the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if she goes back to the Thunderbolts.

She's the most glaring absence on Bucky's team with the classic roster, and it's really the only logical place to expect her to go unless there's another Avengers team waiting in the wings to pick her up (which I doubt).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIH9T1nDu2Z/

Hasbro Marvel Legends fan vote poll. Songbird vs Solo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she goes back to the Thunderbolts.

She's the most glaring absence on Bucky's team with the classic roster, and it's really the only logical place to expect her to go unless there's another Avengers team waiting in the wings to pick her up (which I doubt).
    If you've already seen the special MARVEL PREVIEWS for October (& not the MARVEL PREVIEWS with the Full Solicts); then Melissa joining Bucky's T-Bolts may (or may not) be more likely than to be expected........

Anyway, NEW AVENGERS #14 has 'added' another Chapter for Songbird VS SHIELD.

Songbird in Marvel's Tsum Tsum game.

I think Songbird is hooking up with Doctor Positron - he calls her Mel.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    I think Songbird is hooking up with Doctor Positron - he calls her Mel.
    It could be possible, as when the Avengers of the year 20XX appear to stop the ancient cosmic spirit that possesed Wiccan, Marvel Woman called Songbird "mom", so she could be the daughter of Max and Melissa.

Extraordinary Member

One of my off-kilter favorite things about Songbird in classic Thunderbolts is how the captions describe her powers the same way in issue after issue. It's usually something like "Songbird screams -- and her carapace takes the scream from her bionically-altered vocal cords and turns it into solid sound." It's almost as much a ritual as the descriptions of how Daredevil's powers work.

Kurt Busiek did love his captions.

Does Songbird have her sonic scream without the harness?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Does Songbird have her sonic scream without the harness?
    According to latest(?) issue of New Avengers, she was deprived of her tech and thus depowered.
    So.... I'm thinking the harness is a necessity now.

What she specifically says in the issue is "they took the tech that makes my powers work properly", so she does still have the scream, but it apparently doesn't work "properly" without the harness, whatever that means.