Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Fantastic Four" Box Office Estimates Lower with Poor Word of Mouth

Current estimates show "Fantastic Four" struggling to hit the $30 million mark, following nearly universally poor reviews for the film.

Full article here.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Too bad Fox will be stubborn about this instead of making a new shared deal with Marvel.

I want Doom vs The Avengers.

To quote Jay Sherman, "If the movie stinks, just don't go!!!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Work a deal so we can get the DREAM movie.... Avengers vs X-Men. You put Singer on that **** and its friggen gold. (Last year Friege actually applauded X-Men : Days of Future Past and praised the film so he could wanna do a cool ass Avengers vs X-Men film.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Work a deal so we can get the DREAM movie.... Avengers vs X-Men. You put Singer on that **** and its friggen gold. (Last year Friege actually applauded X-Men : Days of Future Past and praised the film so he could wanna do a cool ass Avengers vs X-Men film.
    And with a separate studio in charge of the X-Men, maybe they wouldn't be the designated villains of the piece.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Oh it got plenty of word of mouth alright...

Spectacular Member

I can't comment on the quality because I had a bad vibe about it even before the reviews came in, so will wait for the blu-ray at best. But I got curious and decided to compare on Rotten Tomatoes with other critically panned comic based movies, as it seems to be a consistent 9% even as new reviews come in (only counting movies with 100+ reviews, hence no Man-Thing): Batman and Robin: 11%, Catwoman: 9%, Elektra:10% (I actually liked this one), Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 17%, Jonah Hex: 12%. So one tie, the rest better received by critics.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Hopefully with a better plot than the comic version.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

So in other words It's like the GL movie all over again. Watch as Fox announces that all future FF movie sequels will get canned in the same way Sony canned all SM's spin-offs.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Astonishing Member

Just throw them into x men universe and you'll have ff for live at fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    I can't comment on the quality because I had a bad vibe about it even before the reviews came in, so will wait for the blu-ray at best. But I got curious and decided to compare on Rotten Tomatoes with other critically panned comic based movies, as it seems to be a consistent 9% even as new reviews come in (only counting movies with 100+ reviews, hence no Man-Thing): Batman and Robin: 11%, Catwoman: 9%, Elektra:10% (I actually liked this one), Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 17%, Jonah Hex: 12%. So one tie, the rest better received by critics.
    It's kinda weird, though—the overall consensus is that it's bad, hence the low percent, but most of the reviews are actually more mixed, like "there's the hint of a good movie in here, but they failed" rather than "this is unwatchable dreck." Doesn't change anything at the end of the day, but it does show that a flawed film can end up with a lower score than a train wreck.

Amazing Member

Default Holy Crap it was bad

Believe the bad hype, folks. Just got out from seeing it and -- oh man, Fox has shot themselves in the HEAD with this one.

We had people getting up and LEAVING DURING THE CLIMAX. Wife and I stayed til the end but didn't wait for the whole credits to roll. Not sure if there's an end-scene. Don't really care if there was. I walked out afterwards angry and sad at the same time.

This was a FF film that should NEVER HAD BEEN MADE.

Spectacular Member

FOX will distance themselves from this property very quickly so the upcoming X-Men related movies don't drown in the bad buzz. There's no way FF 2 is happening when this movie debuts in 2nd place.

Amazing Member

I'm hoping this loses so much money that Fox & Constantin Films work out a deal to return the property to Marvel. The Fantastic Four and all their supporting characters belong in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And I'm sure Marvel understands the characters and can make a great movie with them.

Quote Originally Posted by tedbragg View Post
    Believe the bad hype, folks. Just got out from seeing it and -- oh man, Fox has shot themselves in the HEAD with this one.

We had people getting up and LEAVING DURING THE CLIMAX. Wife and I stayed til the end but didn't wait for the whole credits to roll. Not sure if there's an end-scene. Don't really care if there was. I walked out afterwards angry and sad at the same time.

This was a FF film that should NEVER HAD BEEN MADE.
    I think this is the saddest, worst review I've read so far, coming from a fan instead of a critic.