Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
Gordon became Batman at the end of Snyder's run after Batman was presumed dead fighting The Joker. It was government-sponsored to keep Gotham secure after the loss of Batman. A sort of official police Batman, so he's more lawful than regular Batman. He works out, but he still needs a robot suit and various techs because physically he's still not that good. I haven't actually read it but I find the concept interesting.

Unfortunately... if I remember correctly just from the previews, it's still peppered with Snyder's habit of trying to make the thing bigger, more violent than before, villain-wise, and his appearance by other writers ranging from "okay" to "annoying" because those writers are mining for Gordon's clash with other DCU heroes and Bat-family. I remember his clash with Superman was depicted as "Lawful Stupid" instead of "Lawful Good".
Thanks for a great reply! I really appreciate it. Nice to see someone shares my opinion on Snyder.

Please tell me more about Gordon and Superman.
Dick and Damian team up and face Dr. Hurt again in Nightwing Rebirth Vol. 3 Nightwing Must Die, which, as you may guess, is a call back to Batman and Robin Vol. 3 Batman and Robin Must Die. That story continues to another team up in Dark Knights Metal The Resistance.

Aside from that he also cameo in Nightwing Rebirth #1 and has another team up with Nightwing in #42 and #43.
Basically Damian has sporadic cameo throughout Nightwing but that's what I remember.
Wait... didnt Hurt die? Was this rebooted with the whole Rebirth stuff?
Super Sons are super adorable. That fun, snarky, funny dynamic Damian has with sunshine people like Dick and Steph, he also has with Jon Kent, but this time he's dealing with someone younger and less experienced, so he also has to learn to be a big brother.

Oh but Super Sons is canceled because Bendis has a different plan for Superman family.
Ah pity! Is Stephanie still around? I know she started off as the lamest Robin in existence, but she was great as Batgirl. Is Babs batgirl now?

I heard people say that Thomas Wayne in King's run is different than Flashpoint, and I believe them because...
I unfortunately read the spoiler about him killing somebody... So i guess you're right.
I personally think Tom King is a good writer for standalone stories, but he prioritizes his own message over character history. He will pick and choose what he likes, ignores the others, or straight up make up new lore just so it can fit the plot that he wants.
Oh boy.... WHY?
When he found a favorite, he will shill that character. There were signs of it when he wrote Dick Grayson, but at that time he has Tim Seeley to balance it. Since he's writing Batman solo, he has no filter when writing Catwoman and had to be reminded by Joelle Jones, Catwoman writer, that Selina isn't that powerful.
This... is... hilarious!
I guess Tom King would make a really good Elseworld writer. He loves doing character study and some of them are really good, but if you're the type who wants long-running consistency... boy... you're gonna get angry. Maybe. He's pretty divisive.
I am pedantic as hell.
Morrison is writing Hal Jordan
HOLY CRAP! Is it good? Is it an acid trip in space? Please be an acid trip in space!
My suggestion would be DC and Looney Tunes crossover, DC and TMNT crossover, and the current DCeased, which is DC's version of Marvel Zombies. That should fit your crazy fun story taste.
Thanks a lot!