Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

So I'm trying Batbooks again after a while.

A few questions:

1) Does Dick not remember who he is? I read somewhere he lost his memories?
    2) Is Tim appearing regularly anywhere? Where?
    3) Is Batwoman appearing regularly anywhere? Where?
    4) Whatever happened to Julia Pennyworth? Was she even mentioned after Alfred's death?
    5) What's Talia's current status? Where did she last appear?

Thanks!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

A few questions:

4) Whatever happened to Julia Pennyworth? Was she even mentioned after Alfred's death?

Thanks!
    1) At first, he doesn't remember, then he has conflicting memories from the first brainwashing, now he's brainwashed again
    2) Young Justice
    3) Gotham City Monsters
    4) No idea
    5) Event Leviathan I think, tried to figure out who's using Leviathan

A few questions:

Thanks!
    To add to the above answers, the Bat-Books will be undergoing a major status quo shift in the next couple months. Especially re: Dick and Tim. This is thanks to Dan DiDio being fired and his 5G plans being abandoned so James Tynion is going forward with his own.

Thanks for the replies.

What about Huntress? Where was she last seen? Is she in Gotham?

Thanks for the replies.

What about Huntress? Where was she last seen? Is she in Gotham?
    City of Bane then Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey are the ones I know

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    City of Bane then Harley Quinn and The Birds of Prey are the ones I know
    And while I haven't read it yet, apparently the latter is questionably canon? She hasn't featured in a definitively main universe book since Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (City of Bane was basically a cameo to get her ass kicked).

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Bat-fans. I want to start Batman ongoing books. Are the Batman and/or DC any good nowadays: I don't see exactly great reviews about them. And, honestly, I have zero interest in another Joker story.

On the other, it seems November starts one interesting story with a new villain. What do you guys think about it!

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Bat-fans. I want to start Batman ongoing books. Are the Batman and/or DC any good nowadays: I don't see exactly great reviews about them. And, honestly, I have zero interest in another Joker story.

On the other, it seems November starts one interesting story with a new villain. What do you guys think about it!

Thanks in advance.
    If you're wnaitng to jump in, I would probably wait until October's Batman #100, which is reshuffling the Bat-Family's status quo. It's effectively breaking out of the DiDio era entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikkun View Post
    If you're wnaitng to jump in, I would probably wait until October's Batman #100, which is reshuffling the Bat-Family's status quo. It's effectively breaking out of the DiDio era entirely.
    Reading better the October solicitations, I guess I'll do that, man. Thanks a lot!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Thanks in advance.
    It seems the movie is based on Earth One Volume 1 & 2 and Long Halloween. Both set early in Bruce's career. Whatever John Ridley's cooking up is worth a look.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 08-23-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    It seems the movie is based on Earth One Volume 1 & 2 and Long Halloween. Both set early in Bruce's career. Whatever John Ridley's cooking up is worth a look.
    I will those, thanks!

Anyway, I said I wouldn't read Joker War, but I did, and I'm really enjoying it. Pre-ordered Batman #100!

Other advices I'd appreciate. I know that Tom King's run is very divisive among fans.

However, I've heard very good things about some of the volumes, like 8 - Cold Days.

I don't plan to read the entire run, so what are the best volumes I should read?

Thanks!

Other advices I'd appreciate. I know that Tom King's run is very divisive among fans.

However, I've heard very good things about some of the volumes, like 8 - Cold Days.

I don't plan to read the entire run, so what are the best volumes I should read?

Thanks!
    King works for me on specific character studies, usually one-shots, because in his studies on longtime characters he can ignore... everything. Continuity, characterization, power level.

So yeah, Cold Days are good, specifically Mr. Freeze and Dick Grayson stories

Batman Annual #1 which includes the Rebirth origin of Ace the Bat-hound
    Batman #23 the Swamp Thing partnership
    Batman #27 the Kite-Man origin
    Batman #36-37 double date with Superman and Lois

Yeah that's about it from me

Batman Annual #3 is a good tale of Alfred but that's not by King

Thanks!
    I started reading Batman Rebirth Era comic books 2 months ago I guess, I was in my mission to catch up with the beginning of Joker War (#95). So, I knew Dick was now Ric because he lost his memory being shot by KGBeast, the relationship between Bat and Cat and Bane being in control of Gotham because I read all of this somewhere, it seems to me you know it too, so, if you want to catch up fast, do as I did, start with City of Bane, I used this reading order from comicbookreadingorders website:

Batman Vol. 3 #75

Batman: Secret Files #2

Batman Vol. 3 #76
    Batman Vol. 3 #77
    Batman Vol. 3 #78
    Batman Vol. 3 #79
    Batman Vol. 3 #80
    Batman Vol. 3 #81

Batman Vol. 3 Annual #4 -> This one is a must read, really great story by King.

Batman Vol. 3 #82
    Batman Vol. 3 #83
    Batman Vol. 3 #84
    Batman Vol. 3 #85

Detective Comics Annual #3

Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. #1 (2020)

Overall, I didn't enjoy King's run in City of Bane, something seemed off, Batman Annual #4 was his only book I finished with satisfaction, I think he got the essence of the character in this one. Everything changed in Tynion's run, which is getting better by the issue now in my opinion.

The front post could be updated to include White Night which I think is super accessible to new readers and cleverly updates the mythos for our times. Apart from that.. as a longtime reader who stopped buying monthly around 2015 and has been checking in only occasionally from then.. I’ve not seen much from the last five years or so that would be truly classed as classic or groundbreaking? Snyder stayed on too long and went on meandering cruise control, King had some cool ideas but takes so long to tell a story, Tynion I never clicked with from the start and was bemused to see him take the main book. What happened to Tim Seeley. I’d love to see a Hickman Xmen level shake up on line up
    Last edited by nepenthes; 10-21-2020 at 04:31 AM.
    Potion or drug bringing welcome forgetfulness; genus of tropical carnivorous plant