Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Gordon became Batman at the end of Snyder's run after Batman was presumed dead fighting The Joker. It was government-sponsored to keep Gotham secure after the loss of Batman. A sort of official police Batman, so he's more lawful than regular Batman. He works out, but he still needs a robot suit and various techs because physically he's still not that good. I haven't actually read it but I find the concept interesting.

Unfortunately... if I remember correctly just from the previews, it's still peppered with Snyder's habit of trying to make the thing bigger, more violent than before, villain-wise, and his appearance by other writers ranging from "okay" to "annoying" because those writers are mining for Gordon's clash with other DCU heroes and Bat-family. I remember his clash with Superman was depicted as "Lawful Stupid" instead of "Lawful Good".
    Thanks for a great reply! I really appreciate it. Nice to see someone shares my opinion on Snyder.

Please tell me more about Gordon and Superman.
    Dick and Damian team up and face Dr. Hurt again in Nightwing Rebirth Vol. 3 Nightwing Must Die, which, as you may guess, is a call back to Batman and Robin Vol. 3 Batman and Robin Must Die. That story continues to another team up in Dark Knights Metal The Resistance.

Aside from that he also cameo in Nightwing Rebirth #1 and has another team up with Nightwing in #42 and #43.
    Basically Damian has sporadic cameo throughout Nightwing but that's what I remember.
    Wait... didnt Hurt die? Was this rebooted with the whole Rebirth stuff?
    Super Sons are super adorable. That fun, snarky, funny dynamic Damian has with sunshine people like Dick and Steph, he also has with Jon Kent, but this time he's dealing with someone younger and less experienced, so he also has to learn to be a big brother.

Oh but Super Sons is canceled because Bendis has a different plan for Superman family.
    Ah pity! Is Stephanie still around? I know she started off as the lamest Robin in existence, but she was great as Batgirl. Is Babs batgirl now?

I heard people say that Thomas Wayne in King's run is different than Flashpoint, and I believe them because...
    I unfortunately read the spoiler about him killing somebody... So i guess you're right.
    I personally think Tom King is a good writer for standalone stories, but he prioritizes his own message over character history. He will pick and choose what he likes, ignores the others, or straight up make up new lore just so it can fit the plot that he wants.
    Oh boy.... WHY?
    When he found a favorite, he will shill that character. There were signs of it when he wrote Dick Grayson, but at that time he has Tim Seeley to balance it. Since he's writing Batman solo, he has no filter when writing Catwoman and had to be reminded by Joelle Jones, Catwoman writer, that Selina isn't that powerful.
    This... is... hilarious!
    I guess Tom King would make a really good Elseworld writer. He loves doing character study and some of them are really good, but if you're the type who wants long-running consistency... boy... you're gonna get angry. Maybe. He's pretty divisive.
    I am pedantic as hell.
    Morrison is writing Hal Jordan
    HOLY CRAP! Is it good? Is it an acid trip in space? Please be an acid trip in space!
    My suggestion would be DC and Looney Tunes crossover, DC and TMNT crossover, and the current DCeased, which is DC's version of Marvel Zombies. That should fit your crazy fun story taste.
    Thanks a lot!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Thanks for a great reply! I really appreciate it. Nice to see someone shares my opinion on Snyder.

Please tell me more about Gordon and Superman.
    Wait... didnt Hurt die? Was this rebooted with the whole Rebirth stuff?

Ah pity! Is Stephanie still around? I know she started off as the lamest Robin in existence, but she was great as Batgirl. Is Babs batgirl now?

I unfortunately read the spoiler about him killing somebody... So i guess you're right.
    Oh boy.... WHY?This... is... hilarious!
    I am pedantic as hell.
    HOLY CRAP! Is it good? Is it an acid trip in space? Please be an acid trip in space!

Thanks a lot!
    I remember being really annoyed that Gordon seems to really hate Superman just because he's acting vigilante when visiting Gotham. Superman was depowered by Vandal Savage at that time, and he's stopping a robbery when visiting Gotham looking for Batman, then Gordon shows up and started berating and trying to arrest him, basically doing my town, my rule, get out routine.

Didn't he slipped on a banana peel and buried alive by Joker? I don't really remember but Hurt in Nightwing does speak and looks like someone recently resurrected... you know what... Don't count on my memory on this one.

Oh yeah, Pyg was also there. Dr. Hurt was actually a spoiler because that arc started with Pyg, I just saw your username and blurt it XD

Steph was rebooted in New 52 as Spoiler. She's never a Robin nor a Batgirl this time, but Tim's alternate self also revealed to her and Cass that they're Batgirl in another timeline. This plot point hasn't gone anywhere though.

Barbara is Batgirl. She regained mobility with a chip implanted on her spine. Her history as Oracle exists but confined to her college days and limited in scope to the Bat-family and Birds of Prey.

I haven't read the Hal Jordan one. You can ask the DCU forum or Hal Appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-03-2019 at 03:11 PM.

I remember being really annoyed that Gordon seems to really hate Superman just because he's acting vigilante when visiting Gotham. Superman was depowered by Vandal Savage at that time, and he's stopping a robbery when visiting Gotham looking for Batman, then Gordon shows up and started berating and trying to arrest him, basically doing my town, my rule, get out routine.
    What the hell man!
    Didn't he slipped on a banana peel and buried alive by Joker? I don't really remember but Hurt in Nightwing does speak and looks like someone recently resurrected... you know what... Don't count on my memory on this one.

Oh yeah, Pyg was also there. Dr. Hurt was actually a spoiler because that arc started with Pyg, I just saw your username and blurt it XD
    Yeah i think the fall from the banana broke his neck. I dont remember so well either.
    Steph was rebooted in New 52 as Spoiler. She's never a Robin nor a Batgirl this time, but Tim's alternate self also revealed to her and Cass that they're Batgirl in another timeline. This plot point hasn't gone anywhere though.
    This might be difficult and tasking to explain but... despite researching quite a bit on the internet, i still dont know how the universe works now. Do all versions of the characters exist at the same time? Is this a soft reboot after the failure that was the New 52?

I mean... alternate Tim explained stuff to Steph. How?
    Barbara is Batgirl. She regained mobility with a chip implanted on her spine. Her history as Oracle exists but confined to her college days and limited in scope to the Bat-family and Birds of Prey.
    Ah ok. So basically the Simone Batgirl version. I remember it getting good after Simone left.
    I haven't read the Hal Jordan one. You can ask the DCU forum or Hal Appreciation thread.
    Will do, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    This might be difficult and tasking to explain but... despite researching quite a bit on the internet, i still dont know how the universe works now. Do all versions of the characters exist at the same time? Is this a soft reboot after the failure that was the New 52?

I mean... alternate Tim explained stuff to Steph. How?
    Ohohoh. DC Timeline sucks right now. From the start of New 52 to now at Rebirth, how many years were in the timeline and how the universe works already changed many times. To make it worse, they only announce the changes at the start of New 52 and Rebirth, but when the story is already ongoing, they don't announce it. You have to read the books to find out. So the DCU forum made a big thread compiling the list of changes because short of buying everything, that's the only way you can track it down.

The most consistent part of the timeline for Rebirth seems to be "everything happened but it's buried under multiple reboots". All the Crises are canon, all the changes to the timeline like how DC published it is canon, but the DCU inhabitants don't remember, because they were rebooted.

At one point Batman and Barry entered the Speed Force and saw their Silver Age, Bronze Age, Post Crisis self. They said it's not an alternate version of them. They're all actually them, once upon a time, in the past, but someone meddles with timeline, something happened, that made them be the person they are now.

The Alternate Tim was an Alternate Future Tim, hailing from this timeline but somehow know about Steph and Cass Batgirl. I don't remember how he knows, but as he's a time traveler he could saw what Bruce and Barry saw.

Oh my god.... It sounds horrible!

Hey guys I haven't read King's stuff at all. However Tynion's pitch for the new Batman book sounds awesome but it seems to be spinning out a lot from King's run. Is there anything I should read first or do you think I can jump into the new series when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Marblocks View Post
    Hey guys I haven't read King's stuff at all. However Tynion's pitch for the new Batman book sounds awesome but it seems to be spinning out a lot from King's run. Is there anything I should read first or do you think I can jump into the new series when it comes out?
    All we know so far is it will deal with some repercussions from King's run, particularly the one big spoiler from the climax (preview's on Batman #83). Catwoman will also be present.

I'm thinking once the holidays are over about checking out Kings of Fear. Anyone read that, and what did you think of it?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm thinking once the holidays are over about checking out Kings of Fear. Anyone read that, and what did you think of it?
    Finished it yesterday and really dug it. Some of the panels are amazing and... and there's humor in a Batman story. Humor!!! It even works. Sadly, no talk about Kings of Fear.

I've asked a couple of people...

Ive not read Batman in awhile... can someone tell me, why Bullock is the commish? And is Alfred really "comicbook" dead? and what issues of what book this "happened in", please?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman1970 View Post
    I've asked a couple of people...

Ive not read Batman in awhile... can someone tell me, why Bullock is the commish? And is Alfred really "comicbook" dead? and what issues of what book this "happened in", please?
    Bullock is the commish since Gordon is infected. THE INFECTED: THE COMMISSIONER #1 Year of The Villain arc
    Alfred died in Batman #77 City of Bane arc

Bullock is the commish since Gordon is infected. THE INFECTED: THE COMMISSIONER #1 Year of The Villain arc
    Alfred died in Batman #77 City of Bane arc

Thank you Restingvoice!!!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

How were they? Gotham City Garage? Gotham City Monsters?

All-New Member

Has the new 52/rebirth batman ever killed anyone? Thanks
    Last edited by Zolos; 04-28-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolos View Post
    Has the new 52/rebirth batman ever killed anyone? Thanks
    He held Joker back from going into magic rejuvenation pool, killing them both

They both got better as the pool did eventually seep into them.