Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He held Joker back from going into magic rejuvenation pool, killing them both

They both got better as the pool did eventually seep into them.
    Thanks a lot. By the way, where does the character from your profile picture come from?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zolos View Post
    Thanks a lot. By the way, where does the character from your profile picture come from?
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

I wanted to buy the Batman vs Predator trade, but the people selling it on Amazon are asking like $91 for it, so that's going to wait for either a new reprint or cheaper used, cause God damn! People gauging with some comics.
    So I'd like a recommendation for a Batman book to buy. Prefer a trade or OGN to having to track down issues, prefer something that's easy to find in new or great condition, and not by Morrison.
    I've read:
    Year One
    Catwoman: Year One
    Earth One (both volumes)
    The Dark Knight Returns (and Strikes Again)
    The Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Catwoman: When in Rome
    Prey
    Gothic
    Mad Monk
    Monster Men
    The Man Who Laughs
    Joker
    Arkham Asylum a Serious House on a Serious Earth
    The Killing Joke
    The Doom that Came to Gotham
    The White Knight
    Zero Year
    Court of Owls
    Harleen

And probably a few I'm forgetting of the top of my head. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wanted to buy the Batman vs Predator trade, but the people selling it on Amazon are asking like $91 for it, so that's going to wait for either a new reprint or cheaper used, cause God damn! People gauging with some comics.
    So I'd like a recommendation for a Batman book to buy. Prefer a trade or OGN to having to track down issues, prefer something that's easy to find in new or great condition, and not by Morrison.
    I've read:
    Year One
    Earth One (both volumes)
    The Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Prey
    Gothic
    Mad Monk
    Monster Men
    The Man Who Laughs
    Joker
    The Killing Joke
    The White Knight
    Zero Year
    Court of Owls
    Harleen

And probably a few I'm forgetting of the top of my head. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!
    You've read all my favourites. Gotham Central is the only thing you're missing out on. If you like you can read the companion pieces Batman by Brubaker, Batman New Gotham and Catwoman by Brubaker. Time and money can be a problem... Gotham Central most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    You've read all my favourites. Gotham Central is the only thing you're missing out on. If you like you can read the companion pieces Batman by Brubaker, Batman New Gotham and Catwoman by Brubaker. Time and money can be a problem... Gotham Central most definitely.
    Agree Gotham Central is top notch.

Also agree Ed Brubaker run on Catwoman was wonderful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I've read:
    Year One
    Earth One (both volumes)
    The Long Halloween
    Dark Victory
    Prey
    Gothic
    Mad Monk
    Monster Men
    The Man Who Laughs
    Joker
    The Killing Joke
    The White Knight
    Zero Year
    Court of Owls
    Harleen

Batman: The Black Mirror is a must read. Same applies to Batwoman: Elegy.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Batman: The Black Mirror is a must read. Same applies to Batwoman: Elegy.
    I really never got the love for Black Mirror. Maybe its Jock's art not doing anything for me and the story sometimes being too grim. True Detective kinda grim. Elegy is cool and I like Rucka on Batman even more.

Not sure how easy it would be to get a physical copy...I got it via comiXology..but thought the Archie Goodwin Tales of the Batman volume was excellent...I thought the first third of the volume was good, but some of the stuff after that is among best Batman material I’ve read.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I need your help: I have just end to read "Batman R.I.P." and "Batman; Last Rites", so I continued to read the titles Batman and Detective Comics (the only titles I'm reading) as usual, but when I started to read Batman 687 i saw this title: "A battle within; an epilogue to Battle for the Cowl", so i think I missed something, but what? Where this "Battle for the Cowl" was told? Besides Batman and Detective Comics, there are other titles about Batman which precede "Batman; reborn"?
    Thank to everybody for the help.

P.S. Am I the only one who think this mess of titles and events is irritating?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I need your help: I have just end to read "Batman R.I.P." and "Batman; Last Rites", so I continued to read the titles Batman and Detective Comics (the only titles I'm reading) as usual, but when I started to read Batman 687 i saw this title: "A battle within; an epilogue to Battle for the Cowl", so i think I missed something, but what? Where this "Battle for the Cowl" was told? Besides Batman and Detective Comics, there are other titles about Batman which precede "Batman; reborn"?
    Thank to everybody for the help.

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks this mess of titles and events is irritating?
    Battle for the Cowl is 3 issues limited series with a few tie-ins set after Final Crisis and RIP leading up to Batman Reborn era. At the time, Nightwing, Robin, and Birds of Prey were canceled while Batman and Detective Comics went on hiatus.

P.S. Only if they don't tell where to go and then collect them in trades in a way that make you buy particular issues twice if you're following more than one series

Has Detective Comics been a good reading companion to Batman? Trying to streamline what I'm collecting monthly and what I can read in trade

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Has Detective Comics been a good reading companion to Batman? Trying to streamline what I'm collecting monthly and what I can read in trade
    The two stories don't play off each other either formally or thematically. The upcoming Joker War will have 'Tec tie-ins, though, so you can probably skip 'Tec until then.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

If you buy all three of Morrison's batman omnibus is that everything in Morrison's run?

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The two stories don't play off each other either formally or thematically. The upcoming Joker War will have 'Tec tie-ins, though, so you can probably skip 'Tec until then.

Detective ties into joker war.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    If you buy all three of Morrison's batman omnibus is that everything in Morrison's run?
    Omnibus 1 is Batman and Son, Black Glove, RIP and Last Rites (I think there are 2 issues from his Ra's Ressurection as well)
    Omnibus 2 is Batman and Robin, Return of Bruce Wayne and Time and The Batman
    Omnibus 3 is Batman The Return and Batman Incorporated
    Yeah I think that's all of them