Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    In Justice League during Darkseid War, Batman sits in the mobius chair. When he asks it what Joker's real name is it says "There are three." Three names or three people? I'm not sure.
    It seems like they'll use the Multiverse as in 3 different Jokers from 3 different universes/realities. Hope you like Elseworldsstuff then.

Amazing Member

Any love for Batman: Black Mirror by Scott Snyder?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudasFanny616 View Post
    Any love for Batman: Black Mirror by Scott Snyder?
    I think it's Snyder's second best story, after Gates of Gotham.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I think it's Snyder's second best story, after Gates of Gotham.
    hmm..I respectfully disagree. I thought Gates of Gotham was alright. Black Mirror did something wonderful in my opinion, which is to make a great Batman story without having Bruce Wayne in it.

Knightfall, worth the purchase ?

All-New Member

I do love this comic-books, when i was student, i bought all of batman series. Now,I want to start reading Batman comic books. Where should I start? Mention the issue numbers along with the titles. please

Quote Originally Posted by breakingevent View Post
    I do love this comic-books, when i was student, i bought all of batman series. Now,I want to start reading Batman comic books. Where should I start? Mention the issue numbers along with the titles. please
    I'd read though the entire New 52 Batman run.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

I was a big Batman comic book fan between 2008 and 2011. I owned almost all the TPB and the graphic novels along with lots of single issues starting from 1990... Then I sold everything in 2012...! Yeah... that's crazy! I still have the listing of everything I had, and it's 123 pages!!!

Anyway, now I'm back into reading/collecting Batman, and I bought back the "very essential" storylines. I'll list what I got and maybe that will help you!

• Batman: Year One (1987)
    • Batman: The Man Who Laughs (Apr 2005)
    • Batman: The Long Halloween (1996-1997)
    • Batman: Dark Victory (1999-2000)
    • Catwoman: When in Rome (2004-2005) [Not essential, but the story is set during Batman: Dark Victory #6-11]
    • Batman: Haunted Knight (1993-1995) [New Edition coming later this year]
    • Batman: The Killing Joke (May 1988)
    • Batman: A Death in the Family (1988-1989)
    • Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on Serious Earth (Oct 1989)
    • Batman: A Lonely Place of Dying (1989) [That story in included in the newer Batman: A Death in the Family TPB]
    • Batman: Hush (2002-2003)
    • Batman: Under the Red Hood (2005-2006)
    • Batman: The Black Mirror (2011)
    • Batman: The Court of Owls (2011-2012)
    • Batman: The City of Owls (2012)
    • DC Universe: Rebirth (Jul 2016)
    • Batman: The Rebirth - Book One (2016-2017)
    • Batman: The Rebirth - Book Two (2017-2018) [Not Yet Released]
    • Batman/The Flash: The Button (2017)

I didn't liked the Grant Morrison run, even if I was aware of all the trivia/references... I read it once, that's enough!! Also, I skipped must of the New 52 run and went with Rebirth instead. To me, the perfect origin story will always be Year One, and not Zero Year...

And because I love origin stories (it also helps to fill in the blanks), I also picked-up these books:

• DC Universe: Origins (2006-2009) [Origin Stories from Countdown to Final Crisis, 52, Justice League: Cry for Justice]
    • Secret Origins - Volume 1 (2014)
    • Secret Origins - Volume 2 (2014-2015)
    Last edited by Morsoth; 02-25-2018 at 10:51 AM.

All-New Member

Talking I would like to read out Batman Series

HI, i want to read Batman Comics book, so how can i collect that type of series.
    I love to read Batman comics the most interesting when he's fighting against more realistic villains with psychological issues and psychopathy than aliens.
    Thank you.

HI, i want to read Batman Comics book, so how can i collect that type of series.
    I love to read Batman comics the most interesting when he's fighting against more realistic villains with psychological issues and psychopathy than aliens.
    Thank you.
    Well, if you read the ones I suggested you, you'll get crazy humans as villains for the most parts, no E.T. or over-the-top monsters (only "Hush" have some of them, like Killer Croc)

Hello everyone.

So after a couple of years of not reading comics I'm looking to catch up with the best of the best of DC rebirth and would appreciate recommendations.

I am aware that the core Batman book is basically a must read - and the one I'm most interested in anyway and it's already on my list.

Can you please share your thoughts on the rest of the Bat family? My main interest would be Batwoman and Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Hello everyone.

So after a couple of years of not reading comics I'm looking to catch up with the best of the best of DC rebirth and would appreciate recommendations.

I am aware that the core Batman book is basically a must read - and the one I'm most interested in anyway and it's already on my list.

Can you please share your thoughts on the rest of the Bat family? My main interest would be Batwoman and Damian.
    Tynion's Detective Comics heavily involves Batwoman, though I find Tynion's plotting to be very hit-or-miss. Batwoman also has a solo series written by Marguerite Bennett, which from what I gather is generally considered decent.

As for Damian, Peter Tomasi's Super Sons has been a lot of fun.

Beyond that, Nightwing has been one of the better Batfamily ongoings. And there are AU stories like Batman: Creature of the Night and Nightwing: The New Order that have been strong. Scott Snyder's Metal event is a Batman-centric event that follows up on concepts from Morrison's run as well as old continuity threads.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Tynion's Detective Comics heavily involves Batwoman, though I find Tynion's plotting to be very hit-or-miss. Batwoman also has a solo series written by Marguerite Bennett, which from what I gather is generally considered decent.

Beyond that, Nightwing has been one of the better Batfamily ongoings. And there are AU stories like Batman: Creature of the Night and Nightwing: The New Order that have been strong. Scott Snyder's Metal event is a Batman-centric event that follows up on concepts from Morrison's run as well as old continuity threads.
    Thanks joybeans!

Yeah I feel the same about Tynion's writing, so when I learned he was the writer on Tec i decided against it despite Batwoman. Some goes for Bennett. They offer average quality at best.

I wasn't aware of Super Sons, I just might check that out.

Hmmm I glanced at Metal but had no clue what the heck it was about, following up on Morrison's run was the way to go IMO from the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post

Hmm really? I’d written off Metal...what angles does it follow up from Morrison’s run specifically?
    Potion or drug bringing welcome forgetfulness; genus of tropical carnivorous plant

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Hmm really? I’d written off Metal...what angles does it follow up from Morrison’s run specifically?
    Barbatos, specifically