Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvie View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to this forum I'm sorry if this has been posted /asked before, but I couldn't immediately find it.
    Is there some sort of timeline to be found of Batman?
    I'm currently watching Gotham and I was wondering if there's a certain comic, series, movie,... That follows from here on?

I've read lots of comics back in the day, but in no particular order, just by release order.
    Gotham as far as I know is its own continuity with differing origin, status and ages for the characters, like how for example Barbara Kean is never evil in the comic and Harvey Dent is the same age as Bruce. So I don't think there's a comic continuation.

As for timeline depend on continuity. There's the Post Crisis Era, the New 52 and Rebirth, the latter ones incorporate older continuities with some differences.

Obviously not Gotham, but I would say that the Earth One books take a similar approach in some ways.

BANNED

Hello all,

I was hoping someone knowledgeable could give me some direction. Are there any TPBs or collections that are from Batman 200-425? This is my favorite era in general (I think this considered Bronze Age) I was just hoping to scoop them up in those forms instead of the individual issues. I did some searching on the usual web sites, but am not finding much...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonesaw View Post
    Hello all,

I was hoping someone knowledgeable could give me some direction. Are there any TPBs or collections that are from Batman 200-425? This is my favorite era in general (I think this considered Bronze Age) I was just hoping to scoop them up in those forms instead of the individual issues. I did some searching on the usual web sites, but am not finding much...
    Not all of them are collected. The popular ones are in the artist/writer collection or the popular villain's showcase books. Some of them overlap.

Batman #200, #210 is in Batman: Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol. 1
    Batman #217, #225 is in Batman: Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol. 2
    Batman #219 is in Batman by Neal Adams Book Two
    Batman #232, #234, #237, #243-245 and #251 are in Batman: Illustrated by Neal Adams Vol. 3

Batman #255, #307-310, #312-319, #321-324, #326-327 are in Tales of The Batman by Len Wein

Batman #292, #362 is in Batman: Arkham: Riddler
    Batman #295 #303 is in Legends of the Dark Knight: Michael Golden
    Batman #305-306 is in Tales of the Batman: Gerry Conway
    Batman #328 is in Tales of the Batman: Don Newton
    Batman #337-346, #348 is in Tales of the Batman: Gerry Conway Vol. 2
    Batman #340, 343-345 and 349-351 is in Tales of the Batman: Gene Colan Vol. 1

Batman #356 is in Batman Arkham: Hugo Strange
    Batman #358-359 is in Batman: Arkham: Killer Croc
    Batman #362 is in Batman: Arkham: Riddler
    Batman #369 is in Deadshot: Beginnings
    Batman #373 is in Tales of the Batman: Gene Colan Vol. 2
    Batman #374 is in Batman Arkham: Penguin
    Batman #375 is in Batman Arkham: Mister Freeze (also include #308)
    Batman #234, #346, #397-98, #410, #411 is in Batman: Arkham: Two-Face

No collection on the whole Nocturna saga

Batman #402-403, #408-416 is in Batman: Second Chances
    Batman #404-407 is in Batman Year One of course
    Batman #417-425 and #430-431 is in Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1

Most of the single issues from that period are available on DC digital comic site readdc.com including which trade they are included. That's how I found it but not every trade include a list of issues they're collected. I usually double check by searching the trade on Amazon and DCcomics.com
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-11-2019 at 05:52 PM.

BANNED

^^ Thank you so much. I was pleasantly surprised by what I found out there based off your recommendations. Will definitely be picking up at least four or five of these. I wonder if in the future they will just collect entire runs omnibus-style.

Big Daredevil fan here.. have never really read DC but have always been a fan of Batman in all other media. Looking to finally plunge into the world of Gotham. I've ordered the Scott Snyder paperback collections from his run. My apologies if this has been asked before, but I feel like since the New 52 was a relaunch and the book was critically acclaimed, this was a great place to start. Do they collect everything from that run? Like Batman Eternal and any tie in issues from major events? Thanks in advance everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Big Daredevil fan here.. have never really read DC but have always been a fan of Batman in all other media. Looking to finally plunge into the world of Gotham. I've ordered the Scott Snyder paperback collections from his run. My apologies if this has been asked before, but I feel like since the New 52 was a relaunch and the book was critically acclaimed, this was a great place to start. Do they collect everything from that run? Like Batman Eternal and any tie in issues from major events? Thanks in advance everyone.
    Yes. Everything is collected.

Oh. A thing that happens in New 52 is some issues can be collected twice in different Trades, like how the Night of The Owls Trade that collects the tie-in issues from the Bat-family books also include some of the same issues of Batman from Batman Vol. 2 The City of Owls

I think in Batman only the tie-in Trades do this but make sure you read the list of issues in the Trade you pick.

Not the biggest Batman fan. But I wanted to ask if you guys/gals have any recommendations for any story arcs where all 4 Robins are included and have good moments with Bruce.
    Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Not the biggest Batman fan. But I wanted to ask if you guys/gals have any recommendations for any story arcs where all 4 Robins are included and have good moments with Bruce.
    Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    The last scene of the last issue of Batman and Robin Eternal

That's the only thing that came to mind because they're usually either missing one member or not having fun.

No, wait.

Li'l Gotham #12 Father's Day

Non-canon but that's the only other one I remember

All-New Member

New to the forum and new to DC. Spent most of my life collecting and reading Marvel and other publisher's comics. Finally got into DC.
    Started with, of course, Batman.

Can you guys say if this is a good start or not.
    Batman Year One.
    Batman The Man Who Laughs.
    Batman Long Halloween
    Batman Hush.
    Batman Year zero.
    Court of owls

Quote Originally Posted by Banterman View Post
    New to the forum and new to DC. Spent most of my life collecting and reading Marvel and other publisher's comics. Finally got into DC.

Batman Year One.
    Batman Long Halloween
    Batman Hush.
    Batman Year zero.
    Court of owls
    A good start. Batman: Year One is a classic and The Long Halloween deals with a young starting out Batman. It's one of my favourites.

You need Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke.

Batman Year One.
    Batman Long Halloween
    Batman Hush.
    Batman Year zero.
    Court of owls
    In general yeah. Batman Hush kinda jumps a decade in continuity from the first three but it explains itself really well so you can jump in especially if you're already familiar with the Batman family from other media.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-03-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Batman Year One.
    Batman Long Halloween
    Batman Hush.
    Batman Year zero.
    Court of owls
    I'd say it's a good start. A note on Zero Year, I'd only bother with the first half/first trade, aka Secret City. The whole story arc/origin and the Red Hood stuff is honestly some of my favorite Batman stuff ever and deserves to be counted as a classic in my opinion - the second half with Riddler however, Dark City and Savage City, is so disappointing in comparison. So definitely get Zero Year - Secret City, but skip the rest.

The Long Halloween is another one of my favorites, and if you find yourself loving it its sequel Dark Victory is also really good.