Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Incredible Member

Why won't DC use Bette Kane?
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman Prey is the Post Crisis equivalent of Golden Age Hugo Strange debut right? I mean that both are his first appearance? Then Monster Men happen after?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Batman Prey is the Post Crisis equivalent of Golden Age Hugo Strange debut right? I mean that both are his first appearance? Then Monster Men happen after?
    Monster Men is more of it's own continuity really. Maybe they tried to fit it in, I don't know, but really they're two different introductions to Hugo Strange.
    Prey is the better of the two, but Monster Men is really good too. I'd definitely recommend reading both if you like Hugo Strange or just good Batman stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Monster Men is more of it's own continuity really. Maybe they tried to fit it in, I don't know, but really they're two different introductions to Hugo Strange.
    Prey is the better of the two, but Monster Men is really good too. I'd definitely recommend reading both if you like Hugo Strange or just good Batman stories.
    Oh right LOTDK was in the 90s. The classic remakes like Monster Men, Mad Monk, Man Who Laughs, Loeb mysteries and Robin Batgirl Year One were in 2000s.

All-New Member

batman looks something like the owl from watchman, joker , secret agents. any ideas ??

Quote Originally Posted by superhero457645 View Post
    batman looks something like the owl from watchman, joker , secret agents. any ideas ??
    I don't understand the question

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't understand the question
    I think it's a bot? It's their first/only post, I don't know. If it is a person, hopefully they'll shine some clarity on what they're trying to ask. But smart money's on a bot.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Batman by John Ridley the DLX Edition or Future State The Next Batman tpb?

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Is Grant Morrison's Batman really a good starting point? I feel like a new reader would get lost halfway through the Black Glove story. I think Long Halloween would be a newbie-friendly title, as it stands alone, and it serves as the basis for The Dark Knight movie. I'd also argue that Court of Owls or Zero Year would be better starting points than Endgame, as the latter does refer back to Death of the Family and Graveyard Shift (a bit).
    I started with Morrison's Batman and Robin after watching Son of Batman. The comics shop guy pointed me to the TP of the 1st volume when I asked for comics with Damian Wayne. Enjoyed it and sure there was a few characters, issues referenced that I didn't quite get but I wasn't out of my depth. I then started reading back issues guided by the notes in the ref boxes.
    I frequented the central Library so often in that first year of discovering comics lol but I will admit that I didn't tackle RIP, the main Batman title or The Return till after I completed B&R, Son of Batman, Batman Inc, Battle for the Cowl, RR and the Resurrection of Ra's.

It's more than 9 years since I picked up my first Trade and I'm still going back to Morrison's Bat saga since it gets better the more old batman comics I read the more I get the refs and understand just how much Batman lore/history is connected in the saga.

Happy Batman day everyone and happy birthday to me. I am so lucky to born on the same day when Batman first appeared