Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The tie-ins get their own trade ?!
    - iiuc there is only 4, Detective, Batgirl, Gotham Academy and Arkham Manor
    Are you sure they're not found inside the Batman Endgame Trade ?

Quote Originally Posted by zwixxx View Post
    The tie-ins get their own trade ?!
    - iiuc there is only 4, Detective, Batgirl, Gotham Academy and Arkham Manor
    Are you sure they're not found inside the Batman Endgame Trade ?
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Joker-Endg.../dp/1401258778
    says it has batman 35-40 but I have a feeling those are the backup issues. But Dc solicitations are often wrong. Hopefully there in the main batman book.

It also has batman annual 3. Lame. Wish it was in the main books as well. If the backups army in the main looks like ill be getting g this as well. Just hope the tie ins are decent but probably arnt like most events.

Fantastic Member

I may not be a good judge when it comes to buying extra issues - I bought into Superman Doomed and Convergence, so that 2x£70ish I'll never see again - but never regretted buying the Endgame tie-ins.
    Batgirl has an interested storytelling style, Detective has [spoiler removed] and Arkham ..., well I think those 3 do add to the main story. It's just the Gotham Academy one that feels like a loose tie-in.
    (but don't take my word for anything )

[edit] from that Amazon link "This jam-packed collections features Batman Annual #3, back-ups from Batman #35-39, Gotham Academy: Endgame #1, Batgirl: Endgame #1, Batman and Robin: Endgame #1, and Arkham Manor: Endgame #1."
    - seems your book is crammed full of the tie-ins.

[edit2] ^that Batman and Robin tie-in should read Detective Comics tie-in according to http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Batman:_Endgame and me cos I made sure to buy all tie-ins and I have the Det. one but not a B+R one. QED.

[edit3] there is a BATMAN ENDGAME DIRECTORS CUT #1 version coming out around November - might be something to ask Santa for if you like what you read in the trade.
    "The sensational finale to the 'Endgame' epic gets the Director's Cut treatment! BATMAN #40 is reprinted with Greg Capullo's art in pencil form, plus original script pages by the one and only Scott Snyder"
    Last edited by zwixxx; 09-18-2015 at 05:16 PM.

I still don't know if I want to bother spending my money on yet another Scott-Snyder-written Joker story, especially one involving the annoying Justice League. (I didn't get the single issues of Batman, either, though I did get those separate Endgame-tie-in issues.)

Amazing Member

Default Is Joker Endgame worth getting?

Hey. I have Batman Engame on preorder and really loved it, but is Joker Endgame worth getting?
    It collects all the endgame stuff from the other batman family books.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Joker-Endg.../dp/1401258778

Unlike the night of owls and Death of the family companion, I didn't find the End Game crossover issues all that important or good, so you should be fine with just Batman

Fantastic Member

^you bought the tie-ins but didn't follow the main story........ :huh:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Unlike the night of owls and Death of the family companion, I didn't find the End Game crossover issues all that important or good, so you should be fine with just Batman
    They're not important, and many of them not to my taste, but with the Annual, the back-ups and tie-ins you have an unusually strong collection of mostly standalone little stories. I'd say on those terms it's a better buy that the Owls of DOTF tie-in collections which really didn't have their own identity.

The back ups are not in the regular Batman Endgame trade?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    The back ups are not in the regular Batman Endgame trade?
    That was my impression when the solicits came out, but I'm not 100% sure. And, of course, plans often change between solicitation and printing!

Incredible Member

According to ComicList back in June...

THE JOKER: ENDGAME HC Page count has been increased to 312 and price has increased to $29.99. This title now collects BATMAN #35-40 (main story and back-ups), ARKHAM MANOR: ENDGAME #1, BATGIRL: ENDGAME #1, BATMAN ANNUAL #3, DETECTIVE COMICS: ENDGAME #1, and GOTHAM ACADEMY: ENDGAME #1.
    Looks like that's the book to get.

Has anyone who read single issue (like myself) read this? If so, were any significant changes made between single issue and trade? I ask because i know Snyder has done this in the past.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The Vol 7 HC has no backups. And I think I prefer that since I don't care for Tynion, who I think often wrote those. Nice that DC is giving options though by upping the Joker Endgame HC's appeal.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    According to ComicList back in June...

Looks like that's the book to get.
    Ahh man hope that's not true since I just ordered vol 7. But I highly doubt that's right.

Astonishing Member

What's Grayson and Joker like? I've read nearly all the classics. Thanks.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 10-30-2015 at 03:45 AM.