Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

So I just placed my yearly catch-up order :P

"This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

All-New Member

As a newly returning reader after a long absence, I have to say that this thread is great. Of all the books listed in the first few posts, all the titles have been recommended to me. Most I have read recently, while the rest are on my short list to read very soon. All that I have read have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
    As a newly returning reader after a long absence, I have to say that this thread is great. Of all the books listed in the first few posts, all the titles have been recommended to me. Most I have read recently, while the rest are on my short list to read very soon. All that I have read have been great.
    Glad you found it helpful

Fantastic Member

On the topic of Batman v Superman, here is a full list of the 33 comics when Superman and Batman have fought before (or seemed like they might):

http://rikdad.blogspot.com/2016/03/b...ge-fights.html

Some of those are classics, others forgotten, and many were surprisingly influential on what came later.

Questions (if this is right place for it)... I only TPB and all I'm really collecting is Synder's run... Where do Batmen Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal fit within his TPB run? Read order?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

The Black Mirror

I just want to say thank you for putting this thread together.

I was late getting into comics, as I didn't start reading them until I was 21 (in 2011). I immediately subscribed to all of the Batman family books at my LCS after reading the first issue of Snyder's Black Mirror story line (hence, my username) and continued to read them religiously for almost three years. Unfortunately, work commitments and other life events got in the way, and I just ran out of the time and money to keep up with everything. I am back now (and with a vengeance, I might add ) and I am really excited to start from scratch and read a lot of key Batman stories that I never read during my first run as a comic book reader/collector. I have several of the classics that are listed in this thread, but there's some older recommendations in here which I do not have. I also want to get caught up on the current story lines as best as possible. I'm excited for the DC Rebirth, too, although I may be the only one.

Thanks again for putting this together. I've built up quite the Amazon wishlist with trades that are mentioned in this thread. I imagine I'll be spending my birthday money on an order or two from Amazon and/or Instocktrades. I'm excited!! I hope I'll be welcomed to the community and I look forward to participating in discussions.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Questions (if this is right place for it)... I only TPB and all I'm really collecting is Synder's run... Where do Batmen Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal fit within his TPB run? Read order?
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb, this is the best order IMHO:
    Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
    Batman #18-20 from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift
    Batman Eternal (all volumes) (some issues from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift happen during Eternal)
    Batman Vol 7 Endgame
    Batman Vol 8 Superheavy
    Batman and Robin Eternal (both volumes)
    Batman Vol 9 (when it comes out)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-01-2016 at 11:16 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb, this is the best order IMHO:
    Batman Eternal (all volumes) (some issues from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift happen during Eternal)
    Batman Vol 7 Endgame
    Batman Vol 8 Superheavy
    Batman Vol 9 (when it comes out)
    This is great. Thanks. What about Robin War and B&R: Robin Rises (Or whichever D returns in).
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb,
    Try being crazy like me and trying to arrange TPB order for most of the the DCU...
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    This is great. Thanks. What about Robin War and B&R: Robin Rises (Or whichever D returns in).
    B&R: Hunt for Robin & B&R: Robin Rises (you need both tpbs to have the entire Robin Rises arc, the literal first 3 issues of what is officially Robin Rises are in Hunt for Robin tpb, no joke)
    Batman Vol 7 Endgame
    Batman Vol 8 Superheavy
    Batman Vol 9 (Batman #47-50) (when it comes out)
    Batman Vol 10 (Batman #51-52 plus some miscellany)(when it comes out)

Vol 9 & 10 are kinda a d#ck move by DC to make some extra bucks (like Hunt For & RR tpbs). People will buy Vol 10 because it has the last Snyder/Capullo issue (#51).

Robin War I think happens during B&R Eternal, moreso the first half. One might put it in between Vol 1 & 2 perhaps.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-06-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

All-New Member

Hi guys, I've been away for 6 months. I've been enjoying reading classics like Hush and Dark Knight Returns. I just recently saw DC Rebirth. What is now the current Batman Title, is it the rebirth one? How was the Arc about Gordon taking up the bat suit like, was it any good? I'm thinking about getting the tpb. Any help is much appreciated.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LephistoNZ View Post
    Hi guys, I've been away for 6 months. I've been enjoying reading classics like Hush and Dark Knight Returns. I just recently saw DC Rebirth. What is now the current Batman Title, is it the rebirth one? How was the Arc about Gordon taking up the bat suit like, was it any good? I'm thinking about getting the tpb. Any help is much appreciated.
    The important books are Detective Comics (starts with re-numbering at #934), Batman and All-Star Batman (not out yet, written by Scott Snyder). Bat-Gordon is great, really different and you have Bruce around in an interesting side-story but a really nice Gordon trade collection is BATMAN GORDON OF GOTHAM, that's the one you want if you liked GOTHAM CENTRAL.

Reading Detective Comics has really peaked my interest in Batwoman. I was wondering,. wahts the better read. Elegy or Hydrology?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IronLantern View Post
    Reading Detective Comics has really peaked my interest in Batwoman. I was wondering,. wahts the better read. Elegy or Hydrology?
    Batwoman: Elegy. Still the best Batwoman book and one of the best Batman books I've ever read. I'd still recommend Hydrology though. Highlight of the Williams III/Blackman run is World's Finest.

I'm new to buying Batman trades and I'm surprised that relatively little material from the seventies and eighties has been reprinted. Are there not many runs from then that are highly regarded? I'm buying every Epic Collection from Marvel and hoped that there would be a DC equivalent but there doesn't seem to be one.