Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Is Dead View Post
    I'm new to buying Batman trades and I'm surprised that relatively little material from the seventies and eighties has been reprinted. Are there not many runs from then that are highly regarded? I'm buying every Epic Collection from Marvel and hoped that there would be a DC equivalent but there doesn't seem to be one.
    More will chime in but first and foremost I would say the Batman by Neal Adams are a must.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Understanding that tpbs orders aren't perfect and parts of one tpb can interrupt parts of another tpb, this is the best order IMHO:
    Batman, Vol. 3: Death of the Family
    Batman #18-20 from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift
    B&R: Hunt for Robin & B&R: Robin Rises (you need both tpbs to have the entire Robin Rises arc, the literal first 3 issues of what is officially Robin Rises are in Hunt for Robin tpb, no joke)
    Batman Eternal (all volumes) (some issues from Batman Vol 6 Graveyard Shift happen during Eternal)
    Batman Vol 7 Endgame
    Batman Vol 8 Superheavy
    Batman and Robin Eternal (both volumes)
    Batman Vol 9 (Batman #47-50) (when it comes out)
    Batman Vol 10 (Batman #51-52 plus some miscellany)(when it comes out)

Vol 9 & 10 are kinda a d#ck move by DC to make some extra bucks (like Hunt For & RR tpbs). People will buy Vol 10 because it has the last Snyder/Capullo issue (#51).

Robin War I think happens during B&R Eternal, moreso the first half. One might put it in between Vol 1 & 2 perhaps.
    I'm a couple years behind in my trades reading order.. only just finished Joker death of the family but this list you put together will really help seems legit.. any chance you can continue it and bring it up to date every now and then?😃

mcn

Hi, hello all, I'm new here and was wondering if its ok to post some wood art that I'm working on? Please delete if inappropriate0-02-01-a1f6d08d04f5922dd128a58f74d826e5112f63aab42b4291927b6434a7c7a32e_full.jpg. Thank you.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

above: A thing of beauty!

I was wondering when the HQ scratch'n sniff annual will be collected in HC/trade but it seems it won't get reprinted in a collection at all.... am I wrong?

EDIT: It is collected in HQ Vol. 3 Kiss Kiss Bang Stab without the scratch and sniff gimmick

PLEASE DELETE POST
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 09-05-2016 at 08:15 PM.

The Dark Knight

Are there any arcs or mini-series covering the years Bruce Wayne spent training? What are the best books I can find regarding this subject? Thanks!

HUSH is very popular... I should see this story...

About Killing Joke.. I don´t see the film... Is a very cruel story, no?

The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Are there any arcs or mini-series covering the years Bruce Wayne spent training? What are the best books I can find regarding this subject? Thanks!
    Batman: Shaman has some pretty good training panels IIRC.

Haven't actively followed comics since summer 2015, have no idea what's going on anymore or what's happening with this Rebirth ****. Haven't really heard many good things about the Batman line right now so I think ima stay out of it until things get a better buzz.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Haven't actively followed comics since summer 2015, have no idea what's going on anymore or what's happening with this Rebirth ****. Haven't really heard many good things about the Batman line right now so I think ima stay out of it until things get a better buzz.
    I recommend giving it a chance, at least when the trades hit. Batman, Detective Comics, and Nightwing have been received rather well.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

All-Star Batman deserves a chance. It's Scott Snyder and Romita Jr and it's fun and has some old school nods. It's a grindhouse style Fury Road kinda thing, which is different for Batman comics. ComicRoundUp seems to show it's very well received.

"If you aren’t reading All-Star Batman than you are for sure missing out on one of DC’s best comic books"...said one reviewer, I agree.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-17-2016 at 08:00 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I've question about a Batman book (that may even not exist, I'm not really sure). Years ago, I think I stumbled upon a book where Batman had to deal with three cops gone insane who had been trained to replace him. But I simply can't manage to find any lead to it anymore, and I would like to know if it's ringing any bell, or is just the result of my imagination...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I've question about a Batman book (that may even not exist, I'm not really sure). Years ago, I think I stumbled upon a book where Batman had to deal with three cops gone insane who had been trained to replace him. But I simply can't manage to find any lead to it anymore, and I would like to know if it's ringing any bell, or is just the result of my imagination...
    Batman and Son..Grant morrison.. collected in Trade Paperback.. the start of in my opin the greatest Batman era,stofy arc.

Thanks for the information ! It drove me crazy to not know.

Hey. I am unlikely to be able to get the Dark Moon Rising trades because the prices are just insane (although apparently they are amazing, so I'm not sure why there is no reprint). Am I really missing that much?

P.S. I just finished DKR. It was great, but it certainly didn't astound me the way I was expecting it too. Is it possible that having not read many other Batman books limits the effect?