Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
    Hey. I am unlikely to be able to get the Dark Moon Rising trades because the prices are just insane (although apparently they are amazing, so I'm not sure why there is no reprint). Am I really missing that much?

P.S. I just finished DKR. It was great, but it certainly didn't astound me the way I was expecting it too. Is it possible that having not read many other Batman books limits the effect?
    It's more that The Dark Knight Returns came out in 1986, and helped usher in a darker and more grim era of comic books along with Watchmen and The Killing Joke. It also changed the way that writers approached Batman, leaning more heavily on the tragic nature of his character.

Ah ok, that makes more sense!

I feel like this is a stupid question, but...

Are all Batman comics collected in trades? For example, I am following a reading order which seems to be endless (yey ). Will there be issues that aren't included in trades? Stories that I will never read? The thought saddens me a bit, because I am discovering how utterly amazing Batman is

I feel like this is a stupid question, but...

Are all Batman comics collected in trades? For example, I am following a reading order which seems to be endless (yey ). Will there be issues that aren't included in trades? Stories that I will never read? The thought saddens me a bit, because I am discovering how utterly amazing Batman is
    Not a stupid question. I just got back into collecting and reading Omnibus's, HC Del Ed, and TPB's heavily this year. I had stopped in the early 90's.
    Unfortunately, not all the batman issues are collected into trades. From my perspective and reading and listening to others, There are holes and gaps all over the place especially in the 70's and 80's. I collect a lot of DC golden, silver, bronze, and upto flashpoint.
    My problem is many of the early TPB's from batman year one are OOP and are way too expensive for me to buy. I've gotten lucky on a few that are no longer in print, however.
    What I want the most is for the showcase presents to all be reprinted in color either as Omni's or even chunky trades. That's my Wishlist.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

I know that feeling. I'm having to skip Dark Moon Rising, for now at least. I'm hoping to borrow it from somebody just to read it.

I know that feeling. I'm having to skip Dark Moon Rising, for now at least. I'm hoping to borrow it from somebody just to read it.
    There's always Comixology for single issues

I just had a quick look and there is a seller on Ebay with both trades on auction now from the UK. They're cheap enough...at the moment!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

The Dark Knight

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I just had a quick look and there is a seller on Ebay with both trades on auction now from the UK. They're cheap enough...at the moment!
    Mad Monk/Monstor Men always go for a bomb over here, i keep checking ebay but it always ends up going high.

Quote Originally Posted by zep81 View Post
    Mad Monk/Monstor Men always go for a bomb over here, i keep checking ebay but it always ends up going high.
    I already own them but I've added them to my watchlist just to see how high they go.

Only one that I can find which isn't a set price is Mad Monk, and I'm tempted to put in a best offer, but I also don't want to lowball haha

Only one that I can find which isn't a set price is Mad Monk, and I'm tempted to put in a best offer, but I also don't want to lowball haha
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3618400498...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is what I found. It's worth watching as you might get lucky with the price of it.

I have no idea how they didn't come up in my searches... Thanks!

What have been the best series' from the last 6-12 months or so? Any classic hits worth buying in trade...
    Potion or drug bringing welcome forgetfulness; genus of tropical carnivorous plant

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    What have been the best series' from the last 6-12 months or so? Any classic hits worth buying in trade...
    Batman and Nightwing are at the top of the pile. Detective Comics is decent. Batgirl is solid if you liked the Burnside run.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    The Dark Knight Returns The Last Crusade
    Batman by Ed Brubaker Vol. 2
    Batman Death & the Maidens Deluxe
    Nightwing Better than Batman

were the last highlights in trade/HC for me