Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 163
  1. #121
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Batman 2016 is the best comic for new readers. I say this because I am again a new reader and it was hard to get into DC again after the new 52 until Batman 2016. The series touches well on the past and looks brightly towards the future.

  2. #122

    Default

    If people want to start at the beginning of the modern/post-crisis era I very much recommend the recently released Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 1 and the upcoming Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1. They collect Detective Comics and Batman starting around the time Year One was released. It may be slightly confusing as the issues collected in Batman: Second Chances are skipped but it looks like DC are finally making an effort to get most of this era in print. Some "event" issues are skipped but they are available in other trades (Year Two, A Death in the Family/A Lonely Place of Dying). If you buy the following it will give you a good start on post crisis era Batman:

    Batman: Year One (Batman 404-407)
    Batman: The Dark Knight Detective (Detective Comics 568-574, 579-582)
    Batman: Second Chances (Batman 402-403, 408-416, Annual #11 (does not include the lead Alan Moore Clayface story)
    Batman: Year Two (Detective Comics 575-578, Batman: Full Circle)
    Batman: The Cult (Batman: The Cult 1-4)
    Batman: A Death in the Family (Batman 426-429, 440-442, The New Titans 60-61)

    Not yet released:

    Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 1 (Batman 417-425, 430-431, Annual #12) current release date August 15

    The contents of Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 2 are currently listed as Batman 432-444 and Batman Annual #13. I suspect the listing may be a mistake. Logically another collection of Detective Comics issues ought to be next and the first volume of Dark Knight Detective collected issues of Detective Comics, not Batman. It is common for early advertisements of content to be wrong so this information may be updated/changed as we get closer to the release date.

  3. #123
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    I have two questions, first is Eye of the Beholder readily available in any collection? And will Four of a Kind ever be reprinted?

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I have two questions, first is Eye of the Beholder readily available in any collection? And will Four of a Kind ever be reprinted?
    Batman: Eye of the Beholder:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Eye-Be...f+the+Beholder

    I do not know if the Four of a Kind trade will be reprinted but three of the issues are available in other trades.

    Batman Annual 19 (featuring Scarecrow) is currently available in Batman Arkham: Scarecrow:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...kham+Scarecrow

    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #5 (featuring Man-Bat) is currently available in Batman Arkham: Man-Bat:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...=Batman+Arkham

    Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #3 (featuring Poison Ivy) is currently available in Batman Arkham: Poison Ivy:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...+Arkham+Poison

    Oddly the Riddler issue (Detective Comics Annual #8) was NOT reprinted in Batman Arkham: Riddler.

    Whoops, you may have meant Batman Annual #14 when you asked about Eye of the Beholder. I believe it is reprinted in the hardcover Two-Face: A Celebration of 75 Years. If you can wait it is likely going to be reprinted in an upcoming volume of Batman: The Caped Crusader but that may take a year or two.
    Last edited by Prince Is Dead; 06-01-2018 at 02:31 PM.

  5. #125
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Is Dead View Post
    Batman: Eye of the Beholder:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Eye-Be...f+the+Beholder

    I do not know if the Four of a Kind trade will be reprinted but three of the issues are available in other trades.

    Batman Annual 19 (featuring Scarecrow) is currently available in Batman Arkham: Scarecrow:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...kham+Scarecrow

    Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual #5 (featuring Man-Bat) is currently available in Batman Arkham: Man-Bat:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...=Batman+Arkham

    Batman: Shadow of the Bat Annual #3 (featuring Poison Ivy) is currently available in Batman Arkham: Poison Ivy:

    https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Arkham...+Arkham+Poison

    Oddly the Riddler issue (Detective Comics Annual #8) was NOT reprinted in Batman Arkham: Riddler.

    Whoops, you may have meant Batman Annual #14 when you asked about Eye of the Beholder. I believe it is reprinted in the hardcover Two-Face: A Celebration of 75 Years. If you can wait it is likely going to be reprinted in an upcoming volume of Batman: The Caped Crusader but that may take a year or two.
    Thanks for the info. And yeah, meant the Two Face story.

    Shame the Riddler one wasn't reprinted.

    Edit: You wouldn't know if Penguin: Pain and Prejudice was reprinted somewhere?
    Last edited by Vakanai; 06-01-2018 at 11:27 PM.

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Edit: You wouldn't know if Penguin: Pain and Prejudice was reprinted somewhere?
    It was collected as a trade in 2012 but it looks like it is out of print and becoming scarce:

    https://www.amazon.com/Penguin-Pain-...+and+Prejudice
    Last edited by Prince Is Dead; 06-02-2018 at 02:40 AM.

  7. #127
    Incredible Member biswaboxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Can someone please give me some suggestions on some good Batman comics other those comics that i mentioned here (i had already this comics series)?
    I will start from old to new ..........

    Batman Long Halloween
    Batman Dark Victory
    Batman No Man's Land(i have read pretty much only batman issues)
    Batman Death and Maidens
    Batman War Games
    Batman Hush
    Batman Heart of Hush
    Batman New 52
    Batman Eternal
    and that's it for me ....

  8. #128
    Moderator joybeans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Can someone please give me some suggestions on some good Batman comics other those comics that i mentioned here (i had already this comics series)?
    I will start from old to new ..........

    Batman Long Halloween
    Batman Dark Victory
    Batman No Man's Land(i have read pretty much only batman issues)
    Batman Death and Maidens
    Batman War Games
    Batman Hush
    Batman Heart of Hush
    Batman New 52
    Batman Eternal
    and that's it for me ....
    You can skip War Games and Eternal. I'd recommend adding Arkham Asylum, Ego, and Black Mirror.

  9. #129
    Incredible Member biswaboxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    You can skip War Games and Eternal. I'd recommend adding Arkham Asylum, Ego, and Black Mirror.
    Does Batman Arkham Asylum was iterated(story line to be precise) by the game series???

  10. #130
    Incredible Member biswaboxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Any recommendations for Batman Elseworlds????

  11. #131
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Any recommendations for Batman Elseworlds????
    What have you already read and like to read?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  12. #132
    Incredible Member biswaboxz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What have you already read and like to read?
    Oh nothing much, those comics which i mentioned before on my previous post were those comics which i have already read ....I like to read to some old batman comics , u can include some new comics as well which i haven't mentioned .............Although i pretty much recommend those comics which are not related to animated movies and games

  13. #133
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Oh nothing much, those comics which i mentioned before on my previous post were those comics which i have already read ....I like to read to some old batman comics , u can include some new comics as well which i haven't mentioned .............Although i pretty much recommend those comics which are not related to animated movies and games
    ThrillKiller
    Gotham By Gaslight
    Batman Year 100
    Superman: Speeding Bullets basically if Superman became Batman
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  14. #134
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,310

    Default

    I need a general essential reading list of Batman. I know there are different continuities, but if all those continuities can be summed up into one, what are the essential developments?

    For example,
    Origin - Batman Year One and Zero Year
    Villain Origin 1 - The Man Who Laughs
    Villain Origin 2 - The Long Halloween
    Ally Origin 1 - Robin Year One and Dark Victory
    Villain Origin 3 - Scarecrow Year one
    Ally Origin 2 - Batgirl Year One
    Alliance Origin 1 - Superman and Batman The Brokeback Titanic or whatever it's called
    Fallen Ally 1 - The Killing Joke
    Fallen Ally 2 - A Death in The Family
    Ally Origin 3 - A Lonely Place of Dying
    Fall - Knightfall, Knightquest, Knightsend
    Ally Origin 4 - Batman and Son and Son of The Demon
    Death - Final Crisis
    Period of Replacement - Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison
    Return - The Return of Bruce Wayne
    Revelation - The Court of Owls
    Marriage - Batman The Wedding Album or whatever the equivalent is on Earth-2

    Something like that. It doesn't have to fit exactly in continuity, it can include stories from outside continuity, but I want to know the important chronological beats in the life of Batman and his environment.

  15. #135
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I became a fan of DC when I was 6 years old and could read by myself. The very first comic I read was The Flash. I slowly got interested in Batman right after I finished 7 Flash editions. According to me, the following order should be fine for anyone who wats to start reading batman comics.

    Batman: Year One
    Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
    Gotham Central
    Batman: The Long Halloween + Dark Victory
    Batman (New 52) by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo
    Batman: The Black Mirror
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Batman & Robin by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely
    JLA: Tower of Babel
    Batman: I Am Gotham by Tom King for DC Rebirth

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •