Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb The All-New Traitor Game: Rebirth!

Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-19-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Welcome to The All-New Traitor Game! As the title suggests this is the game's Rebirth with players old and new coming together to start a new era of the Traitor Game.

Please take this time out to read over the game rules and other housekeeping stuff. I also ask that veteran players give it a quick look through as a refresher of sorts.

(Thanks to Deadpooligan for writing this up)

THE RULES!
    ...ON THE ROLES!
    This Traitor Game is traditional-- the object of the game is for the players to vote out the Traitors before they eliminate everyone. There are a total of six roles in the game, a team of three Traitors as antagonists, and a team of three Agents to oppose them. All games are structured and coordinated by a non-player host or pair of hosts.

• The Host: The Game Master has ultimate discretion over the Game's rules, how it is intended to be played, and where the course of the story goes. All correspondence regarding roles is to be done through the host via Private Message, and any questions regarding the game itself should be done the same way. There is also the Traitor Game Bullpen to field group discussions, but within a game, it's always best to speak to the host personally.
      This Game's Host is The Purple Skull as The Beyonder.
    • The Traitors: Three people among the group have been chosen in secret to work as a team and eliminate the other players. Each round, the Traitors will choose a target for elimination along with a method that is Private Messaged to the host. The Traitors win the Traitor Game if all other players are eliminated.
    • The Agents: Three more people among the group have been chosen in secret to work as a team to identify the Traitors. They are allies of the players and should not be targeted for banishment. After the kill in each round, the Agents will make one guess as to the identity of a Traitor and PM it to the host. It will then be announced, in game, whether they were correct or incorrect. If there is only one Traitor remaining, then the remaining Agent(s) will no longer be able send in a guess. The Agents win the Traitor Game once all three Traitors are banished.
    • Everyone Else: If the player do not have a role, they simply must stay alive and vote out the Traitors. All players, including ones with roles, can cast a single vote to banish a suspected Traitor per round, and if necessary, change that vote once per round. Best of luck!

While the Traitor and Agent roles are always secret outside of their teams, there may come a time when their identities are revealed. If this is the case, and the revealed player would like to do a post within an update regarding that, just ask the host! In the past we have had posts where a Traitor chooses to be revealed during a kill, or an Agent opts to reveal their role to better steer the innocent players in the right direction.

...ON STRATEGY AND TACTICS!
    • The Traitors collectively choose to kill one player every round, and the Agents collectively attempt to guess the identity of a single Traitor every round. All other players' only responsibility is to attempt to vote out (or 'banish') who they think is a Traitor every round. Anonymity is the greatest power Traitors and Agents have... exposing them could spell their doom in the next round!
    • A player character MUST vote 2 out of every 3 rounds. A player may also change their vote once per round. If any player fails to meet this requirement of gameplay, their character is eliminated for 'inactivity'.
    • It is important that players do not communicate outside of the game regarding voting choices, innocence and guilt, kill choices, and any and all things related to the strategic element of the Game. Obviously, with the nature of the Private Messages and extra-CBR means of communication, hosts cannot enforce this. The Honor Code has served us well with very scarce incidences, and everyone can play honestly. Remember, it's just a game! The only rewards given out are for good roleplaying and having fun, not winning. Offenders, if caught, will be completely and irrevocably removed from the Game.
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-02-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

...ON GAME FORMAT!
    The Traitor Game begins with the Traitors eliminating the host-designated 'NPC' or, Non-Player Character. After that, the voting starts alongside regular story updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. During this time, the Agents can PM the host their guess, and Traitors can prepare their next target. When voting, please BOLD or UNDERLINE your choice. Voting recaps are posted regularly between updates, as it makes it easier for everyone to keep track. Again, players may change your vote ONCE per round.

After two days, the person with the most votes will be banished.
    And if you are eliminated, don’t fret. there will be a side story for you to take part in that will tie in to the overall game.

...ON ROLEPLAYING!
    • The first rule of the Traitor Games is always to enjoy oneself and have fun. For nearly a decade, this group has encouraged the development of writing skill and collaborative social interaction between players.
    • Godmoding, as always, will not be tolerated. While the characters are meant to work together to discover the Traitors, suspicion, paranoia, and emotions running hot often gives way some classic comic book dust-ups. Some may be playing villains, some may be heroes, and some are just plain powerful, all fights can be choreographed civilly.
    • If a player is looking to set up some big scene that impacts the plot of the game, or a large collaborative scene with another player, please let the host know first! Collaborative story cohesion is important to everyone, but the host has their own story planned out too!

Got it? Good. Let's get started!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-02-2014 at 08:47 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

PROLOGUE
    "A New Beginning"

"There are worlds beyond that which you know.

Universes beyond the one you inhabit.

Infinite worlds.

Each with a different cast of characters.

All have their own unique story.

This is the Multiverse.

In this Multiverse, events have come and gone.

Worlds lived. Worlds died. Worlds were reborn.

There have been contests, wars, and a crisis here and there.

But on this day, I offer to the Multiverse…the Traitor Game.

A game of deduction, ingenuity, and most of all…survival!

Where you keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

There will be alliances, and you can be sure there will be betrayals.

The question remains….

Will you answer The Beyonder’s challenge?"
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-06-2014 at 08:03 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

CHALLENGERS OF THE BEYOND!

Joe Acro as Johnny Alpha
    Froggy as Cyclops
    Jeremi as Batman (DKR)
    NovaPrimeX as Captain Butch Flowers
    Anodyne as Melody Demaris
    Rambertino as Chris Jericho
    Rozen as Homura Akemi
    Pharozonk as Professor Zoom
    Flowerman as Harry Osborn (New Goblin)
    Deadpooligan as Deadpool
    Michale as Shaft
    Hugo Fowl as Kotomine Kirei
    Radioactive Zombie as Toyosatomimi no Miko
    TheCourier as Future Gohan
    vycesyn as The Three Investigators
    Indigo Al as Spider-Woman
    Rei as Emma Frost
    Secret Agent as The Arrow
    Yun Lao as Vinegar Doppio
    Godzilla as Godzilla
    Josh M as Wynne
    Keltset as Yachiru Kusajishi
    Husker as Admiral Bill Adama
    Wolvie616 as Korra
    patrickthekid as Xena
    Cthulhudrew as Allie Brosh
    Superheroic as Evinlea
    Masterbasset as Prismo
    Chris Lang as Phantom Girl
    Akibahara as Miles Upshur
    The Purple Skull as Spider-Man

(Thanks to Deadpooligan for the select screen)

Between now and 11 PM ET tomorrow night is the prologue period. Feel free to post your character prologue. If you complete your prologue or opt not to post one, I kindly as that you do not any in-game posting until the end of the prologue period.

Thanks!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-07-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

"Hey men, sorry to interrupt, would you mind huddling up fellas?"

"Be right there, Captain Flowers!"

"How are you adjusting to the climate here on Blood Gulch, Private Church?"

"Fine. Little warm, but, okay."

"That's great. You have any problems at all, you let me know."

"Umm... Okay."

"What's up Sir?"

"Tucker... I told you to call me Captain, or Cappy... I don't want silly things like rank to interfere with our team dynamic."

"You got it, Cappy."

"I think I'm commanding the finest army, in all of Blood Gulch."

"Isn't there only one other army, those red guys?"

"Yeah, you know, the enemy?"

"I'll tell you who your enemy is, gentlemen. Apathy. Passivity. Indifference. ...And yes, also those red guys. "

"Yeah I've been thinking about our orders from Command... uh, Cappy. And I gotta tell you, I don't think three guys is enough to stage such an elaborate offensive."

"I think we should listen to this guy Captain, he seems to know plenty about being offensive. "

"Can it, shitbird."

"See?"

"Men, your delightful tomfoolery puts a spring in my step, and a bounce in my britches. If I weren't your commanding officer I'd pick you both up, give you a giant bear hug and make you call me Daddy."

"Uhm... thank God for the chain of command?"

"Now. I know you're worried about our mission. But I can tell you this. There's nothing, more important to me, than the safety, and well-being, of my men. Or my name, isn't Captain. Butch. Flowers."

"Does that mean we all get sniper rifles?"

"I'm gonna put in an order for yours tomorrow, Private Tucker. But I need to get some shut-eye first."

"Awesome. But it's like three-fifteen in the afternoon."

"You're forgetting about the time change, Tucker."

"Oh yeah, it's like three-eighteen. Why the hell is daylight savings time here only three minutes? "

"Good question, Private Tucker. It'll have to wait for another day, some of us need our beauty sleep. Not everyone has your striking metrosexual good looks. Huh, and now to go to sleep, standing up with my eyes open, as is my custom." At least until he heard a new voice echoing...

"There are worlds beyond that which you know.

Universes beyond the one you inhabit.

Infinite worlds.

Each with a different cast of characters.

All have their own unique story.

This is the Multiverse.

In this Multiverse, events have come and gone.

Worlds lived. Worlds died. Worlds were reborn.

There have been contests, wars, and a crisis here and there.

But on this day, I offer to the Multiverse…the Traitor Game.

A game of deduction, ingenuity, and most of all…survival!

Where you keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

There will be alliances, and you can be sure there will be betrayals.

The question remains….

Will you answer The Beyonder’s challenge?"

"A strange challenge from a weird voice? I accept. Captain Butch Flowers reporting for duty...and may I say, pleased as punch you picked me!"

Last edited by NovaPrimeX; 06-02-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Upon leaving the study, Johnny felt a gush of wind. He quickly perceived Yachiru energetically moving quickly about the room. Tracking her circular movement, he placed his hand down at just the right moment and grabbed her shirt, saying, "Kid, calm down."
    *Grabbed, she would slowly turn her head to look into the eyes of the person who had just grabbed her*

You're starting to piss me off.

*She'd whack him in the hand to get free, pulling her Zanpakuto closer to her*

Word of advice, don't do that..

*Whacking him in the head for good measure, she'd dart off to continue meeting and nicknaming people, but she'd go to Deadpool next, popping on to his head*

Mmm, comfortable material.

*From her new look-out spot, she'd watch the others, working on nicknames for them. She also noticed that Crossdresser-chan had gained a friend or too... What could she call them?*
    Last edited by Keltset; 06-13-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: #HailHydra On Stage Pants

Admiral Adama Prologue

WilliamAdama.jpg

Admiral Adama set in his study, pouring over notes and strategies for his continued struggle with the cylons. The last few remaining members of the human race had been on the run for too long now, and hope was beginning to fade. It seemed inevitable that the cylons would soon find them, and finish the job they started back at the colonies. But he couldn't think like that, he couldn't give into despair or surely the men he led would follow quickly follow. He sat alone in his study, finishing his glass of bourbon as he prepared to head back to the CIC. As he walked confidently and swiftly through the halls of Galactica, he greeted those soldiers he saw along the way. They were like family to him now, they all were.

As he entered the CIC there was a sudden flash of light. He looked around to see the rest of the crew of Galactica frozen. His immediate thoughts was that this was some new sort of Cylon attack so he pulled his sidearm and frantically searched for one of the known cylon models, but he saw nothing. He heard a voice saying only one thing:

Will you accept the challenge?

Adama ignored the question and thought only for the safety of his crew and the rest of the colonial fleet, responding, "Stay the frak away from my men and get off my ship while you still can." He knew it was an empty threat as he could not even see the Cylon or whatever it was that had caused this, but he had to remain strong and vigilant in this time of crisis. Much to his surprise, the creature took his response as an acceptance. The Admiral was overcome by another blinding flash of light, and was taken off Galactica. To where? Only this mysterious being knew.
    Last edited by Husker; 06-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.

"Okay, does anybody here have any questions? Because I have about 85."
    GLORIOUS!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post

Jupiter Jones, as soon as the three found themselves inside, immediantly took the lead and went over to where Spider-Man was settled. "I'm Jupiter Jones and these are my associates Bob and Pete. Together we are the Three Investigators. I have a few questions as well. One of them however pertains to your ability to hold adhesion to surfaces. What sort of technological marvel do you posses that allows the facility of skill that you seem to posses?"

Meanwhile Bob went into the mansion further to see if he could find some sort of library.Their previous adventures and normal standard for any mansion was to host a library after all and that was where he worked best. Pete on the other hand was set to the task of giving out their card to all of those present about them even Godzilla although wary he was about approaching the creature.

"I love new challenges. Physically and mentally? Sounds perfect. Project Freelancer training was right up that alley. Traitors and agents...the only traitor is the concept of apathy. It will betray you, fellas. But boy, am I glad I came prepared, packing my spare suit of armor."

"No questions here...save one. What are your guys' names? Always nice to meet some new friends and allies. Captain Butch Flowers, at your service. Jupiter Jones! Good strong name."

Incredible Member

With a whooshing* sound, Captain Eo whisked us away to a new place, filled with hundreds of people**:

*There was no whooshing sound, but it would have been much cooler and more dramatic if there had been. Note to Beyonder for next time.
    **There also weren't hundreds of people. I'm told it was much closer to 30, but math wasn't exactly my strong suit. Still isn't.

Captain Eo introduced himself to everyone:

"Ah, good. My champions have arrived. As you heard when my message was relayed to your respective worlds, I am the Beyonder, and you have been chosen to take part in something I like to call The Traitor Game.

This game will test your skills mentally and physically... blah blah blahbitty blah.
    Test? There was going to be a test? What kind of game was this? I started playing angrily with my toys again, tuning out White Captain Eo. I probably missed out on some important information just then.

Inside the mansion...[/I][/B]

In a instant, the Beyonder is gone! Mister E addresses the group.

"Enjoy the peace right now, folks. It's all downhill from here."
    That was an understatement. As far as I was concerned, it had already started going downhill the minute the Beyond mentioned a test.

However, something caught my eye that brightened my day considerably:

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post

"Spider-Man!?!?" I jumped up from the floor excitedly.

"Himyname'sAllieIwatchyouontheElectricCompanyevery day!Howareyou?Willyoucometomynextbirthdaypartyplea sepleasepleasewithsugarontop?"
    Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 06-04-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
    "I am a spirit healer by trade. A specialize in healing, some elememntal. I know some hexes, but no poison talent. I am a very skilled herbalist, if that interests you."
    As easy as it would be to point her finger at Emma, this revelation made for a very damning conclusion. It seemed that Homura's choice was clear.

"Wynne. You were the only person I knew other than myself who had access to the kitchen, and given your herbalism skills and hexes, you could've easily slipped anything in any of the readily available supplies, with or without your magic. Unless you have anything more to say to defend yourself, I cannot let that fact go."

OOC: Wynne

Quote Originally Posted by Es tu Homura View Post
    As easy as it would be to point her finger at Emma, this revelation made for a very damning conclusion. It seemed that Homura's choice was clear.

"Wynne. You were the only person I knew other than myself who had access to the kitchen, and given your herbalism skills and hexes, you could've easily slipped anything in any of the readily available supplies, with or without your magic. Unless you have anything more to say to defend yourself, I cannot let that fact go."

OOC: Wynne

Wynne eyes made contact the girl. Sadness showed in her eyes for a second.

"I understand why you'd assume that, young lady, but I can assure you the skill of herbalism and poison making are two different thing. Herbalism is for heal ingchild as I said I am healer by trade. As for my hex? None could do any of that, I promise. But you'll never believe that."