Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1218

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    The blast took Zoom aback. He hadn't expected that fool Cyclops to be able to hit him. It almost embarrassed him. Turning to his visually impaired foe, he sneered with contempt. "You claim to be a leader, someone who points others to the path of light and justice. Yet, I heard you turned your back on the man who took you in at your most vulnerable and killed him in cold blood. I may be a monster, but I accept it you. You hide your dark side under a visage of a self righteous messiah. Let's see what you're really like." With that, he shot towards Cyclops and a sonic boom echoed across the battlefield
    Thankfully I could think quick on my feet. I let off a wide angle shot at the oncoming Zoom as he shot at me. "I notice you didn't answer me Zoom, and decided to run away from the topic. Accepting that you're a monster is one thing, but how does it feel to be a stooge? To be used by someone else? To know you're always going to be running from one boss or threat to another? You can call me a monster, self-righteous or a charlatan but it's going to take a lot more than harsh words to break me. I've dealt with real monsters Zoom" I'd tell him, thinking of Apocalypse, having him in my head, Stryfe, and the man who plagues my life all over, Mister Sinister. I kept pouring it on, ready to switch as soon as I was hit.

"You're not a monster Zoom, you're an egotist in bright yellow who's bark is worse than his bite. I saved my people Zoom, and I did some things I regret, I acknowledge that everyday but at least I'm man enough to answer to those things. When are you going to stop running from your life?" I'd ask. I didn't know Zoom but his attitude was very shifty abd smug. I didn't plan to fight him in a prolonged battle-that'd be suicide-but I figured I could play on his smug sense of superiority. Why should he follow Mysterio of all people?

If that didn't work well, I always had another plan, or two (hundred)
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Prismo has won!

Well, his team has won, but by extension, Prismo has won!

He did a little two-dimensional jig from his place on Godzilla's shoulders, and shouted below.

"We are bangin'! Good job team! Traitors found, as I knew they would be with minds and competitive spirits like yours! So now, if everyone's not doing anything later we can finally let off some steam and tear the flippin' dance floor at my pl-"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    "I was beginning to wonder if you would ever figure out the mystery, Spider-Man!"
    The Beyonder was a facade the whole time? It was a dude who freed Prismo from his Time Room and allowed him to meet all these cool cats? Huh. Prismo was worried he wouldn't be able to measure up and fight the Beyonder. Now he'll just have to fight the small urge to thank Mysterio for the opportunity for this adventure. At least he's not in any danger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio
    Spider-Men. Take them down."
    And then the multiverse's Spider-Men showed up.

Prismo addressed Mysterio.

"Dude. Sore loser much? You lost. I get it, you worked real hard, but that's the nature of gaming in general man. No matter how many times you read the directions, practice combos, sometimes the bigger, more pink and handsome fish swims over and reminds you that it's a great big multiversal ocean out there and no matter how thick of a diving helmet you choose to wear, you just can't swim with us bro. You can't swim with us. He whispered intently, You can't swim with us."

He'll help him start over. "Hey, why don't you get everyone some customary winner's nachos? I bet that'd help the after party."

"We might even forget about this hissy fit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Allie
    Then, quicker than Professor Zoom's eyes could follow, I leapt on the tail of my friend Godzilla, and scrambled my way up to his head. "C'mon, Godzilla," I said in his dino-ear, "STOMP ALL THE SPIDER-MEN!!!"
    He then noticed the girl, seemingly more brave then when he'd left here. He couldn't help but giggle at the visual above him as she directed Godzilla forward.

"This is clearly your moment. I won't step in it. I'll go take the ground level."

His form silthered down Godzilla's massive frame back to reach the mass of Spideys. A few tried to hit him, but they found their blows only struck the ground beneath them. Attempts to web sling him also found to be useless. Like an unstoppable river, the Pink flowed on!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool
    "That'll teach you to climb my water spout! The only rain coming down is a rain of bullets!"
    He stemmed the flow to appear on the side of Deadpool.

"Hey man. Knew I could count on you to help us bash this sore loser. Some people just can't lose without their buns bursting, ya know? GG by the way, Team Traitor almost won. Solid competition, had me worried."

He gave another knowing smile, a look that showed his age and title.

"Knew there was good in you, Wade. No hard feelings?"

He raised his arm for a fist bump.
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 07-02-2014 at 08:07 PM.

The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    With a wave of his hand, Mysterio summons his reinforcements.

"Spider-Men. Take them down."
    "So this has all been some...ruse?" Evinlea spat contemptuously. "You had the audacity to abduct a God into some game for your amusement, mortal? You have overstepped your bounds and shall pay dearly for your folly!" She stalked toward Mysterio, blasting the occasional Spider-Man. Evinlea raised her arms, crimson energy corruscated around her.Lightning crackled in all directions.

Metal sparked.
    Hair stood on end.
    Searing heat radiated out

"I would suggest, should any of you want to live, you get behind me now!"

The Spider-Men leaped towards Evinlea as she exploded in incadescent fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic View Post

"So this has all been some...ruse?" Evinlea spat contemptuously. "You had the audacity to abduct a God into some game for your amusement, mortal? You have overstepped your bounds and shall pay dearly for your folly!" She stalked toward Mysterio, blasting the occasional Spider-Man. Evinlea raised her arms, crimson energy corruscated around her.Lightning crackled in all directions.

Metal sparked.
    Hair stood on end.
    Searing heat radiated out

Phantom Girl was horrified at the destruction caused by those around her. "There's no need to kill anyone!" she shouted. "Do we even KNOW what these Spider-Men really are?"

Quote Originally Posted by Prismo View Post
    "Knew there was good in you, Wade. No hard feelings?"

He raised his arm for a fist bump.
    Deadpool returned the bump in kind.

"You mah dog, Prismo. Sorry I killed you, but that's the price of fame."

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boxes
    And wish welshing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evinlea View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Girl View Post
    Phantom Girl was horrified at the destruction caused by those around her. "There's no need to kill anyone!" she shouted. "Do we even KNOW what these Spider-Men really are?"
    Deadpool hit the deck as Evinlea showered crimson cosmic death all over the Spider-Men. As one dragged himself out of the inferno, the Merc With A Mouth snagged him by the ankle.

"Sure. Like I said before, they're just robots-- look!"

He brought his arm down to crush the side of that same Spidey's knee.

"My leg!"

"Eh. Close enough. Who cares?"

Homura was wearing down her arsenal fast. The Spider-Men were only growing in number, and there was only so much ammo to go around. She needed to get to Mysterio and stop the waves.

After pondering to herself, she then briefly glanced over to the mercenary, apparently turning over a new leaf. Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Deadpool returned the bump in kind.

"You mah dog, Prismo. Sorry I killed you, but that's the price of fame."
    "If you do plan on helping instead of blowing us all sky high, now would be good," Homura spoke to Deadpool, not missing a beat as she reloaded. "We can make a run towards Mysterio if we clear a path."

Wynne would smile at Wade, before she would speak.

"I knew I was right about you Wade, I don't know why I doubted myself."

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    Homura was wearing down her arsenal fast. The Spider-Men were only growing in number, and there was only so much ammo to go around. She needed to get to Mysterio and stop the waves

"If you do plan on helping instead of blowing us all sky high, now would be good," Homura spoke to Deadpool, not missing a beat as she reloaded. "We can make a run towards Mysterio if we clear a path."

Wynne would smile before she saw Homura. Wynne seemed like she saw a ghost. The girl tried so hard to get though, who trusted her, was stand a few fight nearby. Her uneasy body language, soon went a way, as she smiled, her face smug like.

"Well, now do you trust me? Or do I need a new chisel?"

Wynne would then comment on finding Mysterio.

"Yes, When need find that man. He must be stopped, the sooner, the better."

Quote Originally Posted by OH THE SPIDER-MANITY! View Post

The blast left the remaining Spider-Men down for the count. It was there the Spider-Men began to shake, revealing their true forms...

Space Phantoms
    "This will not go unavenged. Let it be known that you have all made a powerful enemy today!"

The remaining Space Phantoms open a portal and make their escape, leaving Mysterio all by himself.

"Impressive light show, Evinlea. Top marks for the effort. But in terms of presentation and originality, I'm afraid I can only give it a 4 out of 10."

"This has gone far too long, Mysterio! This ends now!"

"I agree, Spider-Man. I know you've been waiting for the grand finale! Let me show you what a master illusionist can do!"

Smoke once again begins to envelope the area. As the smoke cleared, each began to see their fellow players turning into Mysterio! His voice echoed from every duplicate.

"Seeing double? Triple? Quadruple? You have a 1 in 31 chance of taking me out as opposed to eliminating one of your teammates. I rather like my chances. Then again, Evinlea seems to enjoy the "can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" approach."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    "Seeing double? Triple? Quadruple? You have a 1 in 31 chance of taking me out as opposed to eliminating one of your teammates. I rather like my chances. Then again, Evinlea seems to enjoy the "can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" approach."[/B][/SIZE][/center]
    Batman would look around as a batarang slid into his hand. "You can't hide yourself behind tricks and parlor games forever, Mysterio. Give yourself up, you're only delaying the inevitable."

Melody began to play a rapid tarantella. With any luck, all the other "Mysterios" would dance themselves into exhaustion--hopefully before she herself ran out of breath.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 07-03-2014 at 05:23 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

*Yachiru would finally awaken from her nap, and seek out the others for battle*

Zoom ignored his foe's taunts and focused all his speed into his right fist. He hit Cyclops' chest with a power beyond comprehension. Cyclops went tumbling back and Zoom heard a rib or two crack. "I could have gone for your heart, but killing you would be too easy. I'll let the pain sink in and see your resolve to continue fighting." With that, he saluted his fallen foe and sped off to take down his other enemies
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Zoom ignored his foe's taunts and focused all his speed into his right fist. He hit Cyclops' chest with a power beyond comprehension. Cyclops went tumbling back and Zoom heard a rib or two crack. "I could have gone for your heart, but killing you would be too easy. I'll let the pain sink in and see your resolve to continue fighting." With that, he saluted his fallen foe and sped off to take down his other enemies
    "You're so kind" I managed to sarcastically remark. I wondered if Zoom would see Mysterio was playing him. I assessed the situation, two ribs cracked, surrounded by Mysterios/Space Phantoms and it's hard to tell who is who except Emma connected us all earlier.

Everyone who can hear me, raise your hand I'd think, raising myself up and gritting my teeth to brace for the pain. Once they responded, I'd fire.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Zoom mused over Cyclops' words as he sped through the battlefield. Mysterio controlling him? What a joke. Mysterio was simply a means to leaving this wretched world he had found himself a prisoner on. Soon his diligence would pay off and he could return home.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

[

"HaHaHaHa! Look at you all! Just standing around and hesitating because you don't know which Mysterio to attack."

"Can't get a lock on the real deal. All I can do now is close my eyes, trust my Spider-Sense and hope for the best that I...

...hit the jackpot!"

With Mysterio down, the illusion faded away as well. Everyone could now see clearly once again, and focus on their main target.

"Cyclops! Batman! Anybody! Hit him hard!"

GLORIOUS!