Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3171777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1218

Wrap up, curtain calls, and credits tomorrow! So if you haven't posted your epilogue yet, do so as soon as you can!
    GLORIOUS!

Melody was having trouble finding the words to say goodbye to these people. Instead, she tried to put her feelings for each of them in music: Martial tunes for all the warriors; something regal and Wagnerian for King Godzilla; a nursery rhyme for Allie; a polka for Cyclops and the White Queen. She was tempted to reprise the conga for Deadpool, but decided on a quirky syncopated tune to match his quirky behavior. And so on for the rest. ...finally, a dignified and graceful pavane for Wynne.

Finally, she turned her thoughts to getting home. Her music had helped her find the vibrations that led her to where the other banished ones had gone. Now she focused her very being on seeking the unique harmonies of Home--the lapping of the waves, the mewing of the seagulls, the sighing of the wind in the pine trees. There it was! Playing her trumpet, she walked forward into a mist; when she emerged, she saw her parents, saw their grief and anxiety turn to astonished joy when she ran into their arms. "Where have you been?!! What happened?"

"I'm not sure," Melody replied. "All I know is, I met a lot of weird people. We all wanted to go home, but we had to accomplish a mission before we could. We caught the bad guys; then my music led me home."
    Last edited by Anodyne; 07-10-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Incredible Member

Default Allie's Big Story: Epilogue

It was over, and we won!

And there was some other stuff, with the guy in the fishbowl going on about being a crazy whackjob and stuff, too.

And then it came time to say goodbye, and so I hugged Emma and Korra, and waved at Spider-Man, and smiled at Cyclops but tried not to cry. And I patted Godzilla on his big toe again.

"Johnny Alpha," I said, "I'm glad you didn't turn out to be a Traitor and I'm sorry I voted you out, but you have to admit there was something sneaky about you, so it's really not my fault." I smiled at him.

And then I kicked Not-Spider-Man in the shin again, and I stuck my tongue out at Not-Spider-Woman.

(Perhaps not coincidentally, I've had a terrible phobia about spiders ever since that day:

Then I jumped through the portal, and came home, back to my house and my bed, and my toys.

And that, sister, is what happened to me last night while you and mom and dad were here sleeping.

The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Epilogue: Evinlea

Evinlea stood as alone at the end of the game as she had during most of it. She had the right of it, naming all at the Traitors at one point or another, yet no one had listened. Typical, even her own people, The First, did the same.

"Never again," she vowed.

Cyclops had approached her with a weak apology of sorts. It meant nothing and she ignored him. She looked at the others; Korra, who attacked her repeatedly with no provocation, arrogance and stupidity driving her; Batman, and enfeabled old man, whose mental faculties were deserting him; Johnny Alpha, Johnny Useless more like; Godzilla, Allie, Emma Frost...Deadpool. There was spectacularly messy ending waiting for him should she ever meet that one again.

She approached the teleportation device idly she wondering where she would end up when see went through. Her own Bright Universe or back in the Negation Universe. Either way, things would be different.

"Never again."

She stepped through and her world went white...

Evinlea popped back into Negation Space. "Of course," she said in frustration.

She scanned the cosmos. A nearby planet teeming with life was near her and she flew to it. "I might as well continue what I started before being dragged into the Traitor Game." She descended into the planet's atmosphere, "This looks to be as good a place as any..." As she landed, the populace began to scramble away. "Wait," she said to the fleeing beings, "I have an announcement to make!"*

The End

*Read Negation #26 to see what happens next! ~SH!

OOC: Whew, wasn't sure I'd get an Epilogue in. Thanks for a fun game everyone!

Epilogue: Professor Zoom

All gone. The battle was over. As the dust settled, Zoom stared off into the horizon. It had all felt like a dream, an experience all too visceral to be real. Yet, in his heart he knew that it had all actually happened. As he took one last look at the barren wasteland where the battle had taken place and the bodies of Spider-men littering the battlefield, he could't help but chuckle at the ludicrous nature of the situation. Never had he thought all these people and creatures existed out there in the multiverse. Godzilla. Spider-woman. Johnny Alpha. Cyclops...

Now in the dank prison cell he had found himself in just moments before the Beyonder had transported him to the mansion, he rolled over on his prison cot. It was as cold and damp as he had remembered it, yet it no longer irked him as it had before. The wonders of the universe that the Beyonder had shown him gave him new found motivation for his plans to destroy that fool Barry Allen. As his body gave in to fatigue and he fell asleep, a sinister smile crept up on his lips. The end of this traitor game was simply the beginning. With that, all was silent in the prison as darkness swept through.

Last edited by Pharozonk; 07-11-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Epilogue: Homura

The fight was over. As everyone celebrated their victories in their own manner, Homura couldn't help but feel . All that effort she took in getting back what she lost, and it turned out to be for nothing. Yet another lie by yet another crazed monster. She looked to some of the players in respect and what little warmth she could offer; Korra, Cyclops, Batman, Robin, Emma, Wynne, Prismo. Everyone fought to the end and remained as stable as ever. It was a luxury that not everyone could enjoy.

She stared at the teleportation device. She had no idea what would be on the other side, nor if there was even an "other side" for her at all. Still, there wasn't much left here but another empty victory. Homura made her way into the portal, a grim manner taking over as she welcomed the light.

Homura left the Traitor Game, curious of just how big the multiverse was. Whether or not she would remember any of this in the new world, it had certainly been an eye-opening experience.

Deep down, she felt that this wouldn't be the last time that she'd be away from home.

---

Emma Frost's Epilogue, Part 4

Upon stepping through the portal, Emma Frost found herself at...

Weapon X. The outdoor grounds of the New Xavier School.

"Bugger," she said to herself, "I kind of wanted to decompress a bit on the Strip."

Emma looked around, took a deep breath. "Well," she continued, "the fresh air of Weapon X will just have to do, I suppose."

She suddenly felt the telepathic probing of three similar but distinct minds. Then suddenly, all three of the minds stopped.

"It is good to be home, though". Emma realized she missed speaking aloud to herself, a small comfort she was denied while in the constant eye and ear of all those in the Beyonder's mansion.

Her "daughters" ran out of the bunker and found her in a matter of seconds.

Instead of telling the story like a non-telepath would, Emma psionically immersed the Stepford Cuckoos in her world, her story for the past day.

Emma waited until the telepathic story was completely told until she would entertain comments from the girls.

Irma offered her statement first. "Johnny Alpha seemed very heroic and quite tragic at the same time. It was cool how he stood up to Deadpool, but somehow got on the wrong side of everyone's opinion."

Irma added another thing that caught Emma's attention: "It sure seemed like he was trying to protect you up until you were hit by Deadpool."

Emma thought to herself, that she wasn't quite aware of that. She'd remember to mention it to him should they meet again.

Celeste went next. "I can't imagine what it was like to end up condemning innocent people to purgatory. Especially a nice person like Wynne. How did you cope with that guilt?"

Emma thought about Celeste's tough question. "Keep in mind," Emma explained, "though I own up to my vote, there was more than enough blame to go around. I coped by resolving never to let that happen and to redeem myself somehow."

She concluded her response to Celeste saying "I wrongly let myself be influenced by others, and I hope you girls learn something from my failure there."

Finally, Phoebe spoke, perhaps from the heart. Or Emma's heart. "Are you and Mr. Summers back together?"

Emma froze. She remembered the kiss with Scott just minutes ago.

She took a few seconds to think of what to say.

"I don't know what to say" was the best she could come up with.

The Stepfords, after the awkward silence, started walking back to the bunker. Emma followed behind them, curious to see who was going to run into next. Illyana? Eva? Or...

"Summers", she said softly to herself, with a glean in her eyes.
    Last edited by Mari; 07-12-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Aww snap!

What a twist
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Default Epilogue: Return to the Deep

The gauntlet'd been seen through by King, tried and true.

The Traitor Game'd come to a close, for all his failure.

Fortunately, the Godzilla'd been given another chance, to prove himself.

He'd succeeded, along with the others...

A cursory glance over the mere mortal forms before he.

A brief moment's contemplation of they.

Perhaps the King'd remember them, for what had transpired.

Perhaps not. He was ancient. Eons passed for he; such memory would be but a flicker.

A memorable flicker nonetheless.

Gargantuan mass shifted; the titan made his way ponderously for a portal, one that befit his size.

It was time, home heralded for he. An end'd been reached and there was naught else for he here.

Save for perhaps one more action, one befitting of a King and his companions.

An act emphasized by the majestic force of nature that was he, sure to instill its potency and meaning.

This, a rarity all its own, was an event literally more than lifetime's opportunity.

Few would ever witness such passing...

The King bellowed for all.

Not for he.

But for them.

The King of the Monsters lavished praise for they.

And a farewell, for they'd never see one another again.

Save for another one of these; these treacherous games.

Entered he through the gaping maw, encompassing his mass slowly...

Then there was nothing.

Except for he, there was home...

There was the sky. There was the sun.

There was the sea, beckoning for his return...

And so the King heeded the call, plunging into familiar waters.

Home was nigh...

His duty'd been met with success.

There was a law in nature...

A slight against the balance would be mended anew.

His was the avenging hand, ushered forth by nature.

And balance had been restored.

He would return to the deep.

To a long slumber...

Until nature had need of he once more.

And as proven time and time again...

The King of the Monsters would heed the call.
    When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
    "I'll admit Wade, there is some truth to that. I have taken too many punches to face."
    Deadpool brushed his fist against Wynne's chin.

"You're a regular Betty White. That dame could really take a pounding. And I don't mean just to the face."

"Wade you are everything I usually hate, but there is something about you. You're a good man, you've just been, what's the right way to say this?
    You've been dealt a rough hand in life. But you can't let that grief define you. Greif is always bad, as long as you make room for other things. Just because a mirror is cracked, doesn't make it broken. It just makes it special."

Wynne would hug Wade tight.

"I have faith in, you won't let me down. Or at least wait till I pass. I rather not eat crow."

He was touched by her words, and he found himself again lost for words. Wynne was right, to a degree, although she was giving him kind of a free pass for having killed close to a two dozen people.

But if she could see past all that, through to his desire to be a better person, maybe a chance still existed.

He embraced her more tenderly than he had earlier.

"Heh... if you think I'm all right, maybe I am all right. Don't worry, Wynne, I'll make you proud of me someday."

As he turned to leave, Deadpool was suddenly stuck with some well deserved comeuppance.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Brosh View Post
    And then I kicked Not-Spider-Man in the shin again, and I stuck my tongue out at Not-Spider-Woman.
    Deadpool frowned and rubbed his hand against around his lower leg.

"I deserve that."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I say, then walk up to Wade. A staredown, then a loud THWAP was heard as I slapped his face.

"There's a lot that could be said, a lot that I could say, but I know you, and it'd be unnecessary. I'll just leave things on this note with us; what's done is done" I'd tell him, clenching his shoulder extra tight. He was odd, and while he had come through, he broke the trust I placed in him.
    His head lowered like a disciplined puppy.

"...and that..."

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Just before they walked through however Batman would give Deadpool a hard right hook to the face.
    "...and th--"

Batman straight up laid Deadpool out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boxes
    One Punch! One Punch!!

s Wynne smirks as Emma left, she turns to Prismo. The old mage smiles ear to ear, as she hugged the Wishmaker

"Ah Prismo; I must say you are one of a kind. So much power at your finger tips yet you're so even flowed. It's quite inspiring.""

Prismo returned her **affection**.

"I don't let the job run my life. Easy to go bananas that way."

Wynne would turn slightly before she went on.

"I will cut to the chase. I assume I get a wish, yes?"

Prismo wasn't surprised, most mortals couldn't talk to him without mentioning it. Even the warm Wynne wasn't immune.

"But of course. You find me, and I wishy-wash your problems away. Name it. But again, careful treading here on out Wynne."

"While I've been thinking what I'd wish for.""

Wynne slightly paused as she searched for he right words to use.

"I have come to realize you can't live with regrets in life. All they do is tear at you. They eat you from the inside out. So a long time ago, I made peace with my regrets. However, there is something I always dreamed of. I told you I lived in a tower for most my life, yes? Mages are feared where I am from, so they're taken there to learn how to respect their powers, how not to abuse the gift they have. Years ago I fell in love with a Templar, a skilled warrior that is trained to fight Mages, hunt them down if they try to escape or abuse their power, like using blood magic. During that relationship I would bare a child, a boy. The thing is though, it is against the rules for a mage to bare children, so after the birthing process was over, he was taken from me. I only held him for a slight bit of time before he was taken from me.""

Wynne would again pause.

"I never met my son. For years I regretted it, even if logic told me it was out of my control. I was weak from giving birth, I had no chance to stop them, and they would have killed me if I tried. So when I heard you are a wish granter, that is what I wanted, at first."

Wynne's eyes then turned to Deadpool.

"But then I remember, everything that happened to me because of that, how I was given amazing gifts and amazing life experiences by The Maker. I remember everything I was blessed with. Of course I would have loved to meet my son, and one day, before I am finally called away by the Maker, I will. I can't be selfish. I lived an amazing life. So with that being said, I think Deadpool need this gift more then I do. So I will be using it for him."

This took Prismo aback. Sure, people have made wishes for others, but this was different. A father wishing his son back from the grave, a woman eliminating indigenous diseases; at their core Prismo felt it was just the Wisher fulfilling their own needs, needs for lost love or vengeance on a hated plague in those respectful cases.

But this guy was from a different reality .

He gave an appreciative whistle. "Are you sure-"

Wynne would wave to Wilson., She had a large smile on her face.

Deadpool had managed to avoid saying goodbye to most of everyone. There's not really much when you lead with "Sorry I (tried) to kill you, hope you had as much fun as I did". That, and Evinlea would probably kill him for reals if he said two words to her.

He fiddled with the teleporting device briefly.

"I should glue this to my belt buckle. Classic DP right there."

That was about when Wynne showed up.

"Oh Wade dear? May I see you? I have something for you."

"What's up? Didn't cop enough of a feel last time? I'm always game for a part deux."

"Primso and I have talked about my wish, and I have decided to give it to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boxes
    Face punches are the leading cause of early onset senility.
    He was stunned. There was a serene seriousness around Wynne that Deadpool found hard to believe.

"Take it from me when I say you're NUTS lady! You can't give it to me, I'd just waste it like I did the last one. You can use it in your world to, I dunno, save it from dragons or really sharp isometric angles or something."

She laughed politely, waving one hand to the side.

"I know, but I've been given too much already in my life. Wade, I am living on barrowed time. A spirit from the other side is the thing tethering me down. I was given a second chance, Wade. Now so are you."

"A second...? Wynne... I don't even know what to say. I don't deserve this from anyone. No one has ever done something like this for me."

"Just remember, we're all given our burdens. You can't live with regrets. The eat at you like a cancer. You can't hold on to the past. You can hold to the grief of but you must make room for more. You can't let your past dictate your future. Remember that Wade. Now go on."

Deadpool closed his eyes, cleared his throat, and clenched both fists. Monkey's Paw be damned, he was going to speak from the heart and take what he could get.

Dealt a bad hand, eh? Time to reshuffle. He addressed the surface-bound wishmaster. There was an uneasiness to Prismo that Wade noticed, almost as if he knew once again what he would say.

But he ignored it.

"I wish for a second chance. A chance to make up for all the... bad I've done in my life. A fresh start. A clean slate just for me."

In keeping with his tough guy front, Deadpool hurriedly tapped the teleporter button before any emotion could surface. He muttered, fear of the unknown setting in.

"And heck, maybe I can get some decent superpowers this time around too."

Prismo snapped his fingers and...
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 07-14-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Deadpool Epilogue: The Hierophant

To even earn a second chance, you would normally be remorseful for the malign things they've done in the past. This is something that requires dedication, patience, and a true desire to redeem yourself.

Thinking you could just wish for it is laughable. Actually trying to wish for it, of course there's going to be a catch. And with so open-ended a wish, the only catch you'll really get is tragedy.

This second chance would have you relive your every failure.

All the people you let down.

All the people you hurt.

All the people you killed.

All of it if 'you' happen to be Deadpool.

The Merc With a Mouth doubled over, tearing his mask away from his sobbing face. The invisible stare of penance bore on his body as much as the faded and monochrome landscape bore on his mind.

He wasn't home. But this place, destroyed as it was, was familiar.

Knowledge of another life started to return into him. He saw the The Last Days of Asgard once again.

The images burn into the deepest annals of his memory. A lonely gift from a lost age scorches the sky, whistling into a scream and crashing before Deadpool like an errant meteor.

In the crater lay a hammer forged of Golden Uru in the fiery heart of a star.

And were he to reach out to it, Wade Wilson would also lift its burden-- the failure of Gods and the guilt of man.

THE MIGHTY THORPOOL WILL RETURN...
    IN TRAITOR GAME 50: RISE OF THE IMMORTALS!

"Wheels Within Wheels"

SHIELD HQ

We see Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, and Maria Hill escorting their newest prisoner, Mysterio!

"You, my friend, are going away for a very long time."

"You can't do this to me! I've seen things you can only imagine. The Chairman has fallen! The Duck has been roasted! The big guy's not too happy about that. But that's not all! The Immortal Man is ready to rise!"

"Nothing but nonsense since we got you. Don't you have anything coherent to say?"

"....Yes. Steranko1-9-6-6."

Suddenly, Fury, Coulson, and Hill freeze up and collapse on the ground!

"Hmm....I really outdid myself with these LMDs. Ah, to be a perfectionist."

Mysterio approaches a nearby hub and activates the communicator.

"Mysterio."

"Gentlemen. I assume you've been watching my masterpiece go down. Tell me, was I a convincing stark-raving lunatic?"

"A little melodramatic for my tastes, but it got the job done and you did succeed in your extraction without our assistance."

"Was I able to buy you the time you needed?"

"Yes. Everyone in that Traitor Game of yours has been catalogued. Their strengths, weaknesses, etc., etc."

"There is definitely potential in the group that you gathered."

"Well, I can't take all the credit. It was the Beyonder who provided me with the inspiration for this Traitor Game. The real one, of course, and not that idiot, Slattery. Wherever he is, I hope he rots in there. Speaking of which, is the Beyonder...?"

"The Beyonder is...cooperating for a lack of a better term. He is under our watch and will continue to do so until he is no longer a necessity. However, with the knowledge of the Multiverse he possesses, cutting him loose may not happen for the foreseeable future. "

"And our partnership?"

"This is only the beginning, Mr. Beck. What we started back in the "Secret Wars" was Phase 1. This was Phase 2. What's coming ahead could spell a Multiverse-wide catastrophe. We made it clear to you that we will do whatever it takes for the preservation of our world. Fortunately, you figure rather significantly into our plans. Your travels in the Multiverse will greatly supplement what we've already gathered. So in other words..."

"We'll keep in touch."

The Illuminati
    Iron Man. Mr. Fantastic. Dr. Strange. Professor Xavier.
    Reports of their demise were greatly exaggerated.
    GLORIOUS!

Take A Bow!
    (Click on the link above for the accompanying song.)

Last edited by The Purple Skull; 04-28-2015 at 07:51 PM.
    GLORIOUS!