Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Prologue: Evinlea

Kaine stared incredulously at Evinlea, "Ev...you're kidding...," was all he could manage to say.

Evinlea was leaving. She had almost met her end and it scared her. No more. She took to the air. "Good luck, Obregon Kaine," she called down. "Do not cross my path again if you wish to go on living."

She picked up speed and flew through the atmosphere and into the cold reaches of space. She had her own plans now.

No more will I have to help these ungrateful mortals, she thought. It is time I made my own luck in this Atwaal forsaken Universe.

As Evinlea flew away from the planet a tingling sensation permeated over her. She had felt something like it before. "Now wha---"

Evinlea's world went white...

Prologue: Melody Demaris:

Heading home, Melody Demaris walked faster as the sea breeze chilled the late afternoon air. Band practice had run late, and sunset was already spreading its glowing colors over the ocean. Wait a minute!! Since when does the sun set over the ocean here on the east coast!?? Something was definitely weird here. As Melody stared at the eerie brightness, she dimly saw the outline of a gigantic human-like figure. Suppressing a shudder of fear, she raised her trumpet--her secret weapon--to her lips, she began to play a lively jig, inviting him--or it--to dance to her tune. Then the light swept over her, and when it faded, Melody was ... elsewhere.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 06-04-2014 at 12:50 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Default Prologue: Gojira!!! The King Descends...

An arduous journey, rife with claw and maw.

Man sought to intervene.

The King denied them this and took matters as his own.

Alas, Balance was restored anew.

By way of azure, atomic flame, that which quelled the upset.

Surely, the King could be granted a moment's reprieve, amid a city of flame and dust.

Weary from his toil, there he slept.

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No rest for the wicked.

The King rose once more.

A final roar, a sovereign roar. Victory had been his.

Thus he descended into the depths.

A sleeping giant, awoken in time of dire need.

Gargantuan eyes shuddered to life, feral irises focusing.

A voice spoke to him, one unfamiliar.

"There are worlds beyond that which you know.

Universes beyond the one you inhabit.

Infinite worlds.

Each with a different cast of characters.

All have their own unique story.

This is the Multiverse.

In this Multiverse, events have come and gone.

Worlds lived. Worlds died. Worlds were reborn.

There have been contests, wars, and a crisis here and there.

But on this day, I offer to the Multiverse…the Traitor Game.

A game of deduction, ingenuity, and most of all…survival!

Where you keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

There will be alliances, and you can be sure there will be betrayals.

The question remains….

Will you answer The Beyonder’s challenge?"

The King surged forth.

Keeper of the Balance was he.

Going beyond where no other dare venture.

Beyond the Challenger Deep... into the Beyonder's domain.

The King would answer the call.

Last edited by Godzilla; 06-03-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    When it begins, you will hear the sound of children screaming - as though from a great distance. A smoking orb of nothing will grow above your bed, and from it will emerge a thousand starving crows. As I slip through the widening maw in my new form, you will catch only a glimpse of my radiance before you are incinerated. Then, as tears of bubbling pitch stream down my face, my dark work will begin. I will open one of my six mouths, and I will sing the song that ends the Earth.

Default Prologue: My Best Friend

It was over. At least, that’s what it felt like. Her dear friend’s single wish brought the death blow to a hellish nightmare, and all that was left now was silence. There was so much that Homura wanted to tell her, her desperation rearing out as she was reaching for her. Everything was beginning to mend and fade into black, however. All she could do was scream out her name over and over as she was pulled away into the nether. So much lost time, so many days of fighting through pain and strife, all to save her one constant.

It was over, and yet she still failed.

The next thing she could recall was another white light, faint but very visible. She could barely make out much else, but there was a very clear voice beckoning to her.

Infinite worlds.

This is the Multiverse.

The question remains….

“W-what…?,” Homura breathed out, feeling her very body fading away. At this point, there was little time to wander of the strange voice, and little point in fighting it anymore. She closed her eyes and waited for the end as her world was engulfed in white…

“Madoka…”
    Last edited by Sprite; 06-03-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Prologue: PROFESSOR ZOOM

It was just an average day in the 25th century. Eobard Thawne had been mulling over his previous failures to defeat his mortal enemy, the Flash, in a dank cell within a maximum security prison. Suddenly, a small light began to glow from within the corner of the cell. Mesmerized by it, he reached out towards it, curious about it's nature. Suddenly, a vortex formed from the small light and began to pull him in. Panicking, he tried to utilize his super speed to escape it, but to no avail. As his body began to stretch and distort within the portal, he shouted "Curse you Barry Allen!" and as quickly as the light had appeared within the cell, it was gone. By the time the guards had reached the cell, it was as if Zoom had never been there.

Last edited by Pharozonk; 06-07-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Default PROLOGUE: The Y2J Problem

"--And ladies and gentlemen just as a reminder as the, uh, in-ring action takes something of a breather during our marquee bout, I am Michael Cole joined here at ringside, as always, by John "Bradshaw" Layfield and Hall of Famer Jerry the King Lawler here at the ROYAL RUMBLE pay-per-view! And in case those of you watching via satellite television have forgotten, this great event is of course also watchable via the WWE NETWORK for just $9.99 a month! Also available is the WWE APP, which you can in fact download by--"

"Cole, if you spent half as much time callin' the match as you did peddlin' your WWE app all the time people'd be able to call y'an announcer with a straight face! Pay attention to the two great WWE superstars competin' in the ring!"

"Well of course, John. I was getting to that. Tremendous contest here, uh, as we see John Cena, recently returned here to the WWE from three consecutive neck surgeries and of course recovering from a torn trapezius he suffered during yet another epic pay-per-view match with Big Show at Survivor Series just a couple of months ago, taking on WWE World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho in what may be the culmination in a bitter rivalry between these two--"

"COLE!"

The man of the hour himself, the guy absolutely no one predicted to win, used Cena's momentary grounded state to face the ringside commentary table and address the announce team furiously.

"YOU AND THOSE OTHER TWO PARASITIC WANNABES YOU CALL AN ANNOUNCE TEAM! STOP ADVERTISING THE WWE APP RIGHT NOW! TALK ABOUT ME! TALK ABOUT Y2J, THE NEW MILLENIUM, THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK'N ROLLA! TALK ABOUT CHRIS JERICHO!"

"WE WERE!"

".......MORE!"

And with his point made, Jericho turned back to face his adversary... only to realize all-too-late that he'd made a grave, grave mistake.

"OHMYGOD, CENA'S GOT HIM UP! JERICHO TURNED RIGHT AROUND AND WALKED INTO CENA'S TRAP! HE'S GOT THE CHAMP UP ON HIS SHOULDERS! YOU JUST KNOW THAT'S GOTTA BE AGGRAVATING CENA'S INJURED TRAPEZIUS! LISTEN TO THAT OVATION! TWENTY-THOUSAND WWE FANS ARE ON THEIR FEET!"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"BUT CAN CENA HIT IT, IS IT POSSIBLE FOR JOHN CENA TO SLAM JERICHO DOWN FOR THE ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT--?"

Cena lifted Jericho off his shoulders and slammed him down to the mat like a pillowcase, apparently no worse for wear following the grueling thirty-minute match and the damage to his injured traps.

"HE DID IT! AA! AA! I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT! JOHN CENA WITH THE AA TO JERICHO AS THE OFFICIAL MOVES IN FOR THE PINFALL! COUNT TO TWENTY! ONE! TWO! THREE! IT'S OV--"

************************************************** ************************************

Jericho started awake with a gasp, breathing heavily as he looked around in bewilderment. This wasn't the Allstate Arena. He wasn't being buried by John Cena. It was okay, it was just a nightmare. It wasn't real. All was well. But why'd he been asleep in the first plac-?

"Oh, that's why." He commented flatly, staring up and up and up at the face of what he was reasonably sure was frikkin' Godzilla. Was it really any wonder that Y2J had fainted out of shock?

"Well, "Beyonder"... I'm afraid you left out one, tiny little detail during your little exposition. With me here, this isn't a "Traitor Game", or whatever it was you called it. With me here... it's something else entirely. And with that in mind, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls and variations thereupon, I'd like to formally welcome you ALL to... THE JERICHO GAME! Consider this a new millennium, and with me around you can guarantee that nothing will ever..."

"...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEER!"

"...Be the same... again!"

Enter Y2J.

Default Prologue - The Amazing Spider-Man!

"Does Whatever A Spider Can"

New York City

"Now this is my ideal Tuesday night patrol. Relatively quiet (for the Big Apple), nice breezy weather, and most importantly, crime-free. This might be an easy night. Heck, I might even make it to MJ's show af---"

KABOOM!

"Note to self: Always assume the worst. Always. Let's see what the all the commotion's about. By the sounds of it, this could be a real heavy-hitter. Tombstone. Electro. One of the Goblins..."

"OH YEAH, BABY!"

".....Or it could be the Shocker. It is Tuesday after all."

"Oh no! Not the Spider!"

"Well who were you expecting....the Punisher? Cause I don't think you'd want to deal with that nutcase."

"You're not taking this away from me! This is the biggest score of my life!"

"...Robbing an ATM machine? Not exactly your best effort, Herman. Then again, if you want to talk about getting robbed, you should see the transaction fees these ATMs charge."

"Always with the jokes, Spider-Man. Well no more! I'm takin' the money and I'm takin' you out!"

Soon, local residents show up to witness the confrontation.

"No need to worry, folks. I'll have the Shocker behind bars in n---"

"Jeez, way to ruin a peaceful night, Spider-Jerk!"

"Why don't you and your buddy over there just do us a favor and leave us alone!"

"Jameson was right. You are a menace!"

"....My adoring public, ladies and gents."

"ENOUGH! This ends now, Spider-Man!"

It only takes Spider-Man 35 seconds to web the Shocker up on a nearby lightpost.

"Cops are on their way. Better may my exit. Now don't you move, Herman."

"...I'll be out the joint in no time, Spider-Man. And when I get out, I'll---"

"Get webbed on another lightpost? Yup, that's the plan. See ya next Tuesday, Herm--"

Suddenly, the world flashes white. Time stands still around the wall-crawler. A deep, ominous voice is heard from the sky...

Infinite worlds.

This is the Multiverse.

The question remains….

"This...this can't be good."

And with that, everything fades to white.
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 07-11-2014 at 01:51 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

The fifth blight had been over for sometime, outside the Chantry of Our Lady Redeemer in the City of Amaranthine, Wynne watches over the city. As she gazes over the land, suddenly, she hears a call, and an image of a man in white.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
    "Will you answer The Beyonder’s challenge?"

Wynne eye clench, she then answers before her world went white.

"The multiverse is in trouble, and you offer me a chance to help save it? I am much honored and humbled to be at your serves, Beyonder. You have my word that I will not lie motionless in a bed with coverlets up to my chin, waiting for death to claim me or the others! I have faith we will succeed. May the Maker watch over me. May the Maker watch over us all."

Default Prologue: Prismo

It is said that in the direct center of the Multiverse, a place can be found that exists outside of time. This Menger-Sponge-shaped structure is made of an alien substance that produces all of the time waves that are experienced in other dimensions, keeping them on their steady course toward the Inevitable. Within the walls of this crucial construct, a deity resides.

His name is Prismo. Prismo is a pretty cool guy. His hobbies include making pickles for his start-up project "Prismo's Homemade Artisanal Pickles", playing boardgames, being two-dimensional, and watching tv. But should any mortal find their way into his Time Room, Prismo conducts the requirements of his status as a WISHMASTER and grants them a single wish. This creates a reality where their wish has come true somewhere outside the confines of his Time Room, and he transports the individual to his new home.

It's been a while since the last person showed up, like, a 1000 years kind of while. Prismo hangs with the other Cosmic Beings, but beating Death at Life and Uno can only sustain one for so long.

He just wished something interesting would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Voice
    Will you answer the Beyonder's challenge?
    The Wishmaster had gotten his wish, much to his joy! Prismo had never seen the being before, even after all the reality channel-surfing he did to occupy his time. He knew his answer right away, and in a slightly Hindi-accented voice he called forth to the Beyond:

"You bet I accept!"

An odd sensation, and Prismo would find his giant two-dimensional form splayed out in a another land...

Last edited by Masterbasset; 06-03-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Admiral Adama Prologue

WilliamAdama.jpg

Admiral Adama set in his study, pouring over notes and strategies for his continued struggle with the cylons. The last few remaining members of the human race had been on the run for too long now, and hope was beginning to fade. It seemed inevitable that the cylons would soon find them, and finish the job they started back at the colonies. But he couldn't think like that, he couldn't give into despair or surely the men he led would follow quickly follow. He sat alone in his study, finishing his glass of bourbon as he prepared to head back to the CIC. As he walked confidently and swiftly through the halls of Galactica, he greeted those soldiers he saw along the way. They were like family to him now, they all were.

As he entered the CIC there was a sudden flash of light. He looked around to see the rest of the crew of Galactica frozen. His immediate thoughts was that this was some new sort of Cylon attack so he pulled his sidearm and frantically searched for one of the known cylon models, but he saw nothing. He heard a voice saying only one thing:

Will you accept the challenge?

Adama ignored the question and thought only for the safety of his crew and the rest of the colonial fleet, responding, "Stay the frak away from my men and get off my ship while you still can." He knew it was an empty threat as he could not even see the Cylon or whatever it was that had caused this, but he had to remain strong and vigilant in this time of crisis. Much to his surprise, the creature took his response as an acceptance. The Admiral was overcome by another blinding flash of light, and was taken off Galactica. To where? Only this mysterious being knew.
    Last edited by Husker; 06-03-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Deadpool Prologue: The Sun

A beam of sunlight pierces through half-closed curtains, illuminating a bedroom adorned in a mythic, gothic style. It shines on the face of a the man who simply cannot die, and with it, a cryptic, ominous bellow into the reaches of his mind.

Will you answer The Beyonder’s challenge?

Wade Wilson, the mercenary known as Deadpool, opens his eyes. Gently, he slides a sheet away from his body, swinging his legs over the side of the bed and sitting upright. His elbows rest upon his thighs, and his head hangs low. Dawn already, and not another wink of sleep. But then, he was always a bit of a light sleeper. Maybe it's years of kill-or-be-killed, maybe it's the recurring nightmares of Weapon X, maybe he's just read the Dolphin issue of Zoobooks too many times.

In reality, the source of Wade's woes is unknown to him. He dreams while awake, dreams of agony and fire and destruction. As he stares into a flattened and familiar mask held in his hands, he feels it's some strange adjustment to a new life and a new home. This certainly lacked the dilapidated nature of his past residences... crime scenes and slums, places that allowed him a disturbingly peaceful rest. But this home is a land of many realms. Realms of might, mystery, majesty, monsters, and magicks. It is fantastic, and grand in its own way, deep beyond the knowledge and understanding of mortal men and visited only by its bravest champions. For what lurks beneath and in the shadows can be great and terrible to even those that may dare call themselves Gods.

Any gloom is quickly abated as the mercenary peers over his right shoulder. Beside him lies a goddess. His wife. A serenity overcomes Wade as he eyes her gentle curves, an outline covered only by a layer of cloth. Her peaceful slumber is a relief to him, a feeling he has only recently become reacquainted with; the touch of a woman, one who has no reservations about the kind of man he is. A woman that also knows the kind of man Wade wants to be. And best of all, the only woman that finds him astoundingly handsome, despite all evidence to the contrary.

With calloused, scarred fingers, Deadpool strokes her hair. It is fine, exactly like spun silk, and a shade beyond ebony, blackened and forged with a care that made the locks unique. His hand continues down, past sharp cheekbones and soft face that belie a life spanning millennia, past a graceful and proud neck, stopping at strong, if relaxed, shoulders. She is his, and his alone. He is her hero, and she is his warrior woman. Their love is one of two worlds, a love forged through adventure, a daring rescue, taking risks, and fighting to survive. A love ultimately bound in blood and sacrifice. Something they both know too well.

For she is the Lady S--

"Shiklah,"

"I love ya, baby."

Wait. Shiklah. Of course! Who else could it be? How could he expect anyone else to share his bed and love him unconditionally? The Queen of the Underworld was his bride, and he, her consort. Deadpool woke her, reaching out with powerful arms and embracing her with an astonishingly delicate care.

"Oh, it's so early, Wade. What's gotten into you? I thought we were sleeping in to spend all night out on the town!"

The mercenary hustled with the excitement of an early riser, with the energy of a man who'd seemingly slept a hundred years. In an instant, he was fully dressed in his only uniform, stocked to the brim with his usual arsenal of weapons and a wit faster than ten fast men. He clasped Shiklah's hands between his own and grinned.

"I don't know... I just got this feeling! Today... something big is going to happen. You know, it's like they say, 'does the carpe match the diems'?"

Deadpool thrusts the curtains aside with widespread arms, laughing with a joy he's felt so fleetingly in the past. He basked in the sun's light, which grew brighter, ever brighter, into a blinding flash-- a flash that consumed him utterly, to Shiklah's surprise!
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-03-2014 at 08:31 PM.

CHAPTER ONE
    "Reservations For 31"

In a matter of moments, 30 individuals find themselves standing in a new locale.

Soon, their mysterious host would finally make his appearance.

"Ah, good. My champions have arrived. As you heard when my message was relayed to your respective worlds, I am the Beyonder, and you have been chosen to take part in something I like to call The Traitor Game.

This game will test your skills mentally and physically. You see, among your group, there are three "traitors" waiting to systematically eliminate each and everyone one of you. However, I do believe in fair play. That is why there are three other "agents" within your group trying to find the wolves in the fold. The object of this game is simple. Eliminate the traitors before they eliminate you. If you succeed, all you desire will be yours. Fail, and well, let's just say it will really hinder your chances at returning to your home world. Choose not to participate at all, and there will be heavy consequences.

But for now, let's go inside."

The Beyonder notices Godzilla.

"Hmm...you might be a little too tall enter my mansion. I can fix that."

With a wave of his hand, the mighty beast starts to decrease in size! Eventually, Godzilla is brought to a more manageable stature. Though not as tall as it once was, the beast still towered over everybody by far.

Inside the mansion...

"My mansion is your mansion. The game will begin shortly. Take this time to get to know each other. I'm sure you will all have plenty to discuss.

For now, I must take my leave. However, I will leave you to my associate to keep an eye on things..."

"Allow me to introduce you to Victor Goldstein, better known as Mister E. Long-forgotten hero during World War II, he will serve as my proxy when I am away. If you have anything to ask, you may ask him."

In a instant, the Beyonder is gone! Mister E addresses the group.

"Enjoy the peace right now, folks. It's all downhill from here."

You can now start posting in-game! The Traitors & Agents will be set up shortly. First kill will be this Friday 11 PM ET!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-10-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

"Okay, does anybody here have any questions? Because I have about 85."
    GLORIOUS!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post

"Okay, does anybody here have any questions? Because I have about 85."
    Jupiter Jones, as soon as the three found themselves inside, immediantly took the lead and went over to where Spider-Man was settled. "I'm Jupiter Jones and these are my associates Bob and Pete. Together we are the Three Investigators. I have a few questions as well. One of them however pertains to your ability to hold adhesion to surfaces. What sort of technological marvel do you posses that allows the facility of skill that you seem to posses?"

Meanwhile Bob went into the mansion further to see if he could find some sort of library.Their previous adventures and normal standard for any mansion was to host a library after all and that was where he worked best. Pete on the other hand was set to the task of giving out their card to all of those present about them even Godzilla although wary he was about approaching the creature.

"I love new challenges. Physically and mentally? Sounds perfect. Project Freelancer training was right up that alley. Traitors and agents...the only traitor is the concept of apathy. It will betray you, fellas. But boy, am I glad I came prepared, packing my spare suit of armor."

"No questions here...save one. What are your guys' names? Always nice to meet some new friends and allies. Captain Butch Flowers, at your service. Jupiter Jones! Good strong name."