Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Emma walked about the Strip of Las Vegas.

The City of Sin always suited Emma perfectly. From the bright lights, shopping, and the people, Emma thought the city a fascinating place.

And not even mentioning the people. Emma could amuse herself all day or all night reading random thoughts of joy, depression, or drunkenness. Or perhaps all those at the same time in the same person. Occasionally she would push a button, just to see what happened next.

And then... what happened next occurred within three seconds.

In the first second he appeared in front of her. Startled, she read his mind. His mind told her who he was, why he was here, and all she needed to know. Her mind and thoughts was overwhelmed, she wanted to speak but stopped.

In the second second he said one word.

In the third, she thought and communicated her thought to him, challenges, betrayals, are natural to her as breathing, as telepathy, as anything that is Emma Frost. "As you say, Beyonder!"

Prismo settled along the mansion, two-dimensional legs creeping up the opposite wall, lower body orienting on the floor.

"Don't worry everybody, I'm like a champ at this kind of stuff. Pictionary, Scrabble, Yahtzee, you name the game, I rock it. Besides, if this izz gets too serious, I'll just pop us out of here like so-"

With a *FIZZSPA* and a squirt of technicolor rays, Prismo found that his influence wasn't felt here.

"Ohhh-kay, that's a little worrying. I seem to be blocked from altering this place. Not a huge deal though. We can totally win this."

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Flowers
    " What are your guys' names? Always nice to meet some new friends and allies. Captain Butch Flowers, at your service."
    "Now that's a winning attitude! I might as well follow those vibes. Hello everyone! My name is Prismo. I'm a Wishmaster, which really isn't as great of a gig as it sounds. Very pleased to meet everyone."

Quote Originally Posted by A Little Bro
    Pete on the other hand was set to the task of giving out their card to all of those present about them.
    "Oh hey! Sup my friend? What's this you have here?"

Prismo's flat hands reached up off the floor to grasp the card, drawing it closer to his face as he squinted and read intently. A grin crept up and and he addressed Pete.

"So my dude, why should I choose you over all other crime-solving organizations?"
    Last edited by Masterbasset; 06-04-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Red View Post
    The mercenary snorted a laugh, 'quivering' his hands in front of his chest.

"Oh man, Sailor Pluto over here is gonna run train on you, Flowers. Better watch it."

Homura glared at the strange man in red and black, quickly taking notice of his gear. No doubt that he's killed before, and it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that he could again. For all she knew, this man should be raising every alarm in her head right now. However, there was some truth to his words about the Beyonder. This was a man that wants her and everyone in this room to kill, divide and play mind games with each other, all for the chance for their greatest desires to come true. She was trading one devil for another.

"And you are...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Korra View Post

"Um, hi I guess. I'm Korra, the Avatar. I take it we were ALL forced into this?"
    "I came here because I wanted to." Homura responded, not even bothering to look over to the so-called "Avatar". There's...someone I need to get back to. So long as none of you become my problem, I won't be your problem," she finishes as she turns to look at everyone else in the room.
    Last edited by Sprite; 06-04-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    "I came here because I wanted to." Homura responded, not even bothering to look over to the so-called "Avatar". There's...someone I need to get back to. So long as none of you become my problem, I won't be your problem," she finishes as she turns to look at everyone else in the room.
    Ooooh hardass. Robin thought to herself sizing up the girl. "Don't worry I think everyone here wants to stay on everyone's good side!"

"It's bogus"

"I don't trust it, or well I don't trust him, The Beyonder" Cyclops would say as he stood up, looking around. "My name is Scott Summers, but I go by Cyclops. I've met this being before, The Beyonder. Lots of power, no responsibility or maturity. This is probably a game he wants us to play and even if you do win, it will not be worth it or some power hungry psycho is going to try and eliminate you and everyone you ca-
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    In the third, she thought and communicated her thought to him, challenges, betrayals, are natural to her as breathing, as telepathy, as anything that is Emma Frost. "As you say, Beyonder!"
    Cyclops turned to stare at this arrival, jaw agape. "Emma?" he'd ask, caught offguard by these new events. He got taken away from the conversation with himself about Xavier, but ended up in this mess. Out of the frying pan....
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Emma struggled to maintain her footing as she materialized. Once she realized others were there she telepathically projected herself standing straight and steady, for that is the image of the Queen.

A quick scan of the others present brought some familiar faces to focus. A large dinosaur? Then, the Beyonder spoke. Said someone would watch them, Rictor Goldstar? Someone unimpressive and a bit creepy. Emma was already impatient. She was ready to telepathically shout her displeasure. Then, familiar thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Cyclops turned to stare at this arrival, jaw agape. "Emma?" he'd ask, caught offguard by these new events. He got taken away from the conversation with himself about Xavier, but ended up in this mess. Out of the frying pan....
    Emma was shocked. Betrayal, challenges, and now him? Why did Scott bloody Summers have to be here too?

"Um, hi I guess. I'm Korra, the Avatar. I take it we were ALL forced into this?"
    It appeared that Deadpool was trying to pick his nose through his mask.

"Lady, when a cosmic pseudodeity asks you to play a game of Survivor, you don't ask 'why', you just say 'When do the cameras start rolling, and I'm not here to make friends'..."

He hesitates and holds his hand out to her, opposite to what he just said.

"I'm Deadpool. My avatar is to your left."

Quote Originally Posted by Yachiru View Post
    Yachiru would blink at the gathered people, and the Lizard. *Moving with her customary speed, she'd dart up to Godzilla* I'm a call you Lizard-chan! *She would dart off to look at everyone, stopping at Captain Flowers* Armor-chan! *Moving on to Spider-Man* Crossdresser-Chan! *zips up to Gohan* One-Armed Chan! *then she proceeds to run in circles around them for literally not apparently reason other than the fact that she can, often stopping to appear atop people's heads, or poke them in the ribs or legs. She was a hyper little thing, and pray to all that you consider holy that she doesn't come across Sugar...
    "Holy crap, did... did she just call Spidey 'crossdresser-chan'? Is it weird if I took her as my nubile teenage ward? That's still a thing, right?"

Quote Originally Posted by DKR Batman View Post
    Deadpool would feel his hand as well as the card squeezed in Batman’s giant hands.

”No one needs what you’re selling."
    "I don't know, your mama sure seemed to like i--"

The senior Batman's massive hand was like a vice. Deadpool almost crumpled to a kneel by the show of force.

"Uh. Ow. Owww. OWWWW... That's one hell of a handshake you got there, pops. Okay, I take it you're not down with what I do. I get that. I, uh, reneg. Or repent. Or whatever."

You can let me go now. Either that or I'm gonna have to chew that meatball you call a hand off at the wrist."

Quote Originally Posted by Homura Akemi View Post
    Homura glared at the strange man in red and black, quickly taking notice of his gear. No doubt that he's killed before, and it wouldn't be far-fetched to think that he could again. For all she knew, this man should be raising every alarm in her head right now. However, there was some truth to his words about the Beyonder. This was a man that wants her and everyone in his room to kill, divide and play mind games with each other, all for the chance all their greatest desires. She was trading one devil for another.

"And you are...?"
    He flexed a little, placing his hands at his belt and puffing out his chest.

"Some men call me... Deadpool. You can too, I guess. Nice... uh... neckerchief. Very kitsch."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    "It's bogus, I don't trust it, or well I don't trust him, The Beyonder" Cyclops would say as he stood up, looking around. "My name is Scott Summers, but I go by Cyclops. I've met this being before, The Beyonder. Lots of power, no responsibility or maturity. This is probably a game he wants us to play and even if you do win, it will not be worth it or some power hungry psycho is going to try and eliminate you and everyone you ca-
    "What, Summers, you sayin' you know this Beyond guy? And he's the biggest and baddest kid on the playground?"

Deadpool drew his swords, spinning them around in his hands once before making them into an 'X' pose. "Then you know I've got your back on this one. We X-Men gotta stick together, after all."
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-04-2014 at 04:19 AM.

Johnny Alpha found a study, designed exactly as you imagine one. It had a lone desk, with a lamp shining its light on top of it, but the light was dim. Multiple bookcases lined the walls of the room. Johnny checked a few of the books inside them. Despite having titles that matched old classics he remembered from historical archives--Moby Dick, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games, etc.--all pertaining to revenge, murder, and groups of people thrust into dangerous situations. The books themselves, however, gave him no insight into the mansion itself or the other players that had been gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltset View Post
    Yachiru would blink at the gathered people, and the Lizard. *Moving with her customary speed, she'd dart up to Godzilla* I'm a call you Lizard-chan! *She would dart off to look at everyone, stopping at Captain Flowers* Armor-chan! *Moving on to Spider-Man* Crossdresser-Chan! *zips up to Gohan* One-Armed Chan! *then she proceeds to run in circles around them for literally not apparently reason other than the fact that she can, often stopping to appear atop people's heads, or poke them in the ribs or legs. She was a hyper little thing, and pray to all that you consider holy that she doesn't come across Sugar...
    Upon leaving the study, Johnny felt a gush of wind. He quickly perceived Yachiru energetically moving quickly about the room. Tracking her circular movement, he placed his hand down at just the right moment and grabbed her shirt, saying, "Kid, calm down."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie616 View Post
    The former bounty hunter looked in Korra's direction, replying, "I was, and at a bad time. I can't speak for the rest."

"Not I. I chose to come. My two loyal men and I were about to stage an offensive on those rambunctious Red rascals but it can wait. Every day's a good day to end the Red vs Blue Wars. And the intelligence I could gain from this Beyonder, well that's just the icing on the cake! Nice to meet you all, Robin, Prismo, Korra, Deadpool. It's like my parents always told me, in sufficient number, people can be prepared for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Korra View Post
    Wynne, who was observing near by, waves at the young lady, smiling as well.

"Hello Avatar Korra, I am Wynne, former Senior Enchanter of the Circle of Mages in Ferleden. Nice to meet you."

Quote Originally Posted by Prismo the wishmaster View Post
    Prismo settled along the mansion, two-dimensional legs creeping up the opposite wall, lower body orienting on the floor.

With a *FIZZSPA* and a squirt of technicolor rays, Prismo found that his influence wasn't felt here.

"Now that's a winning attitude! I might as well follow those vibes. Hello everyone! My name is Prismo. I'm a Wishmaster, which really isn't as great of a gig as it sounds. Very pleased to meet everyone."

Wynne observed the man, walking towards him. Her eyes were enamored, and she was in awe of him.
    "I must say, I have never heard of any Wishmaster in any lore I'm familiar with, but there is, something new to learn about, no matter the age, yes?"

Wynne would chuckle before she extended her hand.

"I am Wynne. My honor to meet you, Wishmaster."

as Wynne was with he creature, her eyes turned to

Quote Originally Posted by Himura View Post

A frown adorned Wynne's face at the moment. as she study the girls, the words just poor out.

"You poor child. I have just met you, yet I already know so much about you by the way you hold yourself. You're already so war weary, more harden then most of us here. It's written all over your face. It saddens me deeply. "

Wynne's eye would then meet with Homura.

"I'm sorry. I have not the single clue what you have seen, or dealt with, but truly I am sorry."
    Last edited by Josh; 06-04-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Professor Zoom smugly grinned as his scanned the crowd which he had now found himself a part of. Just moments ago, he had been incarcerated in a maximum security prison miles underground 25th century Central City. Perhaps this would be a chance to escape and finally have his revenge on Barry Allen? At the moment, his mind was running at a speed beyond comprehension as he weighed every possible course of action hecould take. With that, he stood up and loudly proclaimed, "Greetings, my name is Eobard Thawne, or as I am known in the 25th century, Professor Zoom. I don't know who any of you are and quite frankly, I don't give a damn. All I know is that I will find a way back home at any cost. If any of you need me, I shall be in the study, trying to learn more about this strange place we have found ourselves in." With that, he walked off in to the dark recesses of the mansion and a hush fell over the rest of the champions.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
    In a matter of moments, 30 individuals find themselves standing in a new locale. Soon, their mysterious host would finally make his appearance.
    "What is this?" Evinlea demanded. "Some new kind of Negation trickery, no doubt. I demand to speak with Charon." Evinlea reached out with her senses. Something was different, she could feel it. She was no longer in Negation Space. Her thoughts reached out through the Cosmos searching for Elysia. But it was not there either. Then where was she? And should she win this Traitor Game which home would she be returned to?

Quote Originally Posted by The Beyonder View Post
    "Allow me to introduce you to Victor Goldstein, better known as Mister E. Long-forgotten hero during World War II, he will serve as my proxy when I am away. If you have anything to ask, you may ask him."
    "You dare leave a lackey to tend to one of the First," Evinlea said. "I am your equal, Beyonder, if not your better! I demand your audience, not some lowly manservant!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister E View Post
    "Enjoy the peace right now, folks. It's all downhill from here."
    Evinlea eyed the man. "If I am to participate in this game, then I require sustenance. Bring us food and wine."

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Evinlea. She was even stronger than him. Raising an eyebrow, Gohan made a mental note to keep an eye on her if he could...
    Evinlea stared back at Gohan with a look as if she had just stepped in dog crap, "Can I help you?"

"Lately I have been forced into to endure an innumerable number of things against my will," Evinlea said, a mirthless smile upon her lips. "I'm Evinlea. I sense a great...power within you, Korra."

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    "I'm Deadpool. My avatar is to your left."
    Evinlea wrinkled her nose in disgust as Deadpool approached. "Cesspool is more like it. You reek of...Death."

Quote Originally Posted by Rude Man View Post
    "I was, and at a bad time. I can't speak for the rest."
    Evinlea eyed the man who just approached up and down. "And you are...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
    "Uh. Ow. Owww. OWWWW... That's one hell of a handshake you got there, pops. Okay, I take it you're not down with what I do. I get that. I, uh, reneg. Or repent. Or whatever."

You can let me go now. Either that or I'm gonna have to chew that meatball you call a hand off at the wrist."
    "..."

Batman would give him one more good look before releasing his grip of the man's hand. "Son, you'll find me very hard to swallow."

With that he'd rise back to his full height and give every character a look over.

I start looking over the group. Familiar faces start coming into view. Eobard Thawne aka Professor Zoom. One of Barry's. Dead and buried, but this Beyonder seems to have powers that puts creatures like Superman to shame. The man in green...younger leaner...yet also different. He's a Green Arrow all right. But is he a younger version of mine or something else? Everyone else however are mostly unknowns. The man I just talked too unpredictable, deranged. One to keep eyes on. I see Robin chatting away with dark skinned girl. A fighter, I can see it in her stance. The other girl brooding, cold, to the point...Godzilla, a creation of fiction, an animal, unpredictable. Keep guard up, anyone can and will stab each other in the back before this is all over. Let Robin spark up conversations. We'll need to know everything there is to know.

Then another spoke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Woman View Post
    "You dare leave a lackey to tend to one of the First," Evinlea said. "I am your equal, Beyonder, if not your better! I demand your audience, not some lowly manservant!"
    The fact that she believed what she was saying made Batman scowl, though to be honest it didn't look much different from his normal look.

Evinlea eyed the man. "If I am to participate in this game, then I require sustenance. Bring us food and wine."
    Despite her threats and blusters she was right regarding nourishment at least. Not that he'd trust to eat or drink anything here however, one can never be too sure what poisons lurk in them.
    Last edited by Jeremi; 06-04-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    [center]CHAPTER ONE
    "Reservations For 30"

[SIZE=4]In a matter of moments, 30 individuals find themselves standing in a new locale.

Soon, their mysterious host would finally make his appearance.

"Ah, good. My champions have arrived. As you heard when my message was relayed to your respective worlds, I am the Beyonder, and you have been chosen to take part in something I like to call The Traitor Game.

This game will test your skills mentally and physically. You see, among your group, there are three "traitors" waiting to systematically eliminate each and everyone one of you. However, I do believe in fair play. That is why there are three other "agents" within your group trying to find the wolves in the fold. The object of this game is simple. Eliminate the traitors before they eliminate you. If you succeed, all you desire will be yours. Fail, and well, let's just say it will really hinder your chances at returning to your home world. Choose not to participate at all, and there will be heavy consequences.

But for now, let's go inside."

"My mansion is your mansion. The game will begin shortly. Take this time to get to know each other. I'm sure you will all have plenty to discuss.

For now, I must take my leave. However, I will leave you to my associate to keep an eye on things..."

"Allow me to introduce you to Victor Goldstein, better known as Mister E. Long-forgotten hero during World War II, he will serve as my proxy when I am away. If you have anything to ask, you may ask him."

In a instant, the Beyonder is gone! Mister E addresses the group.

"Enjoy the peace right now, folks. It's all downhill from here."
    Tinya was not sure what was going on, but there were some parts of the Beyonder's speech she did not like the sound of. "What does he mean, fail and it will hinder our chances of returning home?"

Quote Originally Posted by man with red visor View Post
    "It's bogus"

"I don't trust it, or well I don't trust him, The Beyonder" Cyclops would say as he stood up, looking around. "My name is Scott Summers, but I go by Cyclops. I've met this being before, The Beyonder. Lots of power, no responsibility or maturity. This is probably a game he wants us to play and even if you do win, it will not be worth it or some power hungry psycho is going to try and eliminate you and everyone you ca-

"You say you've met the Beyonder?" Tinya asked. "Tell me what you know of him."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Zoom View Post
    Professor Zoom smugly grinned as his scanned the crowd which he had now found himself a part of. Just moments ago, he had been incarcerated in a maximum security prison miles underground 25th century Central City. Perhaps this would be a chance to escape and finally have his revenge on Barry Allen? At the moment, his mind was running at a speed beyond comprehension as he weighed every possible course of action hecould take. With that, he stood up and loudly proclaimed, "Greetings, my name is Eobard Thawne, or as I am known in the 25th century, Professor Zoom. I don't know who any of you are and quite frankly, I don't give a damn. All I know is that I will find a way back home at any cost. If any of you need me, I shall be in the study, trying to learn more about this strange place we have found ourselves in." With that, he walked off in to the dark recesses of the mansion and a hush fell over the rest of the champions.
    "Professor Zoom. The Reverse Flash." Tinya said out loud. "The enemy of the Flash. We know all about him back home. He's a criminal, and a murderer."

However, this was not the only person that Phantom Girl recognized. Looking around, she saw what appeared to be a much older Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Batman would give him one more good look before releasing his grip of the man's hand. "Son, you'll find me very hard to swallow."

With that he'd rise back to his full height and give every character a look over.
    Tinya approached. "I don't know if you recall meeting me, but I'm Phantom Girl. From the Legion of Super Heroes."