Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled Warrior View Post
    "Son, you'll find me very hard to swallow." With that he'd rise back to his full height and give every character a look over.
    Evinlea stood taller than the man, but she felt...smaller somehow. This was a man who knew his way in a battle, knew how to handle beings of power though he held none of his own. He reminded her of Obregon Kaine. "I'm impressed with your confidence. Your bravado. I am Evinlea, of the First. You are?"

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Girl View Post
    "I don't know if you recall meeting me, but I'm Phantom Girl. From the Legion of Super Heroes."
    "Girl, can't you see that--" Evinlea stopped and scowled at Phantom Girl. "Do I know you?" she growled.

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic View Post
    Evinlea stood taller than the man, but she felt...smaller somehow. This was a man who knew his way in a battle, knew how to handle beings of power though he held none of his own. He reminded her of Obregon Kaine. "I'm impressed with your confidence. Your bravado. I am Evinlea, of the First. You are?"

"Girl, can't you see that--" Evinlea stopped and scowled at Phantom Girl. "Do I know you?" she growled.
    Phantom Girl stared at the woman calling herself Evinlea of the First. The name seemed familiar. But she was sure she had not met Evinlea ... yet, anyway.

"I don't know. Have we met?" Tinya replied. "The thing with time travel is that sometimes we don't meet people in the right order. From my point of view, we haven't met before."

"Evinlea of the first ... the name seems familiar. I think we did some research on various wars in other dimensions."

"Oh, the Negation War. I don't think we have any record of what happened after the Negation War."

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post

He flexed a little, placing his hands at his belt and puffing out his chest.

"Some men call me... Deadpool. You can too, I guess. Nice... uh... neckerchief. Very kitsch."
    "Tch." Homura didn't know what was grosser; his show of masculinity or the fact that she's supposed to be impressed. Her eyebrow raised as her curiousity for the man named Deadpool grew. "You seem to know at least one of the others in this room, "X-Man". Maybe even more." Her eyes briefly narrowed at the mercenary with a cold sting. "That wouldn't end up biting us later on...would it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wynne View Post

A frown adorned Wynne's face at the moment. as she study the girls, the words just poor out.

"You poor child. I have just met you, yet I already know so much about you by the way you hold yourself. You're already so war weary, more harden then most of us here. It's written all over your face. It saddens me deeply. "

Wynne's eye would then meet with Homura.

"I'm sorry. I have not the single clue what you have seen, or dealt with, but truly I am sorry."
    Homura's eyes widened a bit at the woman's apparent sense of understanding. Wynne did refer to herself as some sort of mage, so she guessed that she shouldn't be too shocked at how far the "multiverse" reaches. Then again, she could just as much a danger as she might be an ally. "Thank you," the girl softly said to Wynne without much of a second thought, hiding away her lingering creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Evinlea View Post
    "You dare leave a lackey to tend to one of the First," Evinlea said. "I am your equal, Beyonder, if not your better! I demand your audience, not some lowly manservant!"

Evinlea eyed the man. "If I am to participate in this game, then I require sustenance. Bring us food and wine."
    Homura could barely stand hearing this woman drone on, let alone be in the same room. If her very aura wasn’t enough of a giveaway, simply looking at this woman gave off all kinds of unpleasantness.

"Keep your voice down. I’d rather not annoy the all-powerful figures holding our lives in their hands."

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Ooooh hardass. Robin thought to herself sizing up the girl. "Don't worry I think everyone here wants to stay on everyone's good side!"
    "If this is your attempt at intimidating me, then it's a pretty pathetic...," Homura began to trail off, her eyes meeting with Robin as she held an almost tranced look on her. Her demeanor and attire gave Robin the image of a superhero, righting wrongs and helping to better the world. Just like...

Just like...

Homura quickly turned away from the redhead, suddenly wanting to keep her distance even more. "Just don’t bother me. If you want to talk, fine, but I don't have time for armatures.”
    Last edited by Sprite; 06-04-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Spectacular Member

Gohan noticed Evinlea staring back at him. Giving off a friendly grin to try and show he meant no harm. "Well, I think if we're all going to be working together maybe you could give your name. I'm Son Gohan but you can just call me Gohan. What's yours?" He asked. He didn't bring up the fact that with her yelling at the Beyonder reminded him of a long dead prince, Gohan had known. Also sparing a glance at Batman and Deadpool, Gohan wondered what was with the costumes..
    Last edited by TheCourier; 06-04-2014 at 07:48 AM.

"I don't know. Have we met?" Tinya replied. "The thing with time travel is that sometimes we don't meet people in the right order. From my point of view, we haven't met before."
    "No," Evinlea waved dismissively. "That's not it. I have not moved through time. I would know it." Still, something nagged at her, a feeling of deja vu.

"Oh, the Negation War. I don't think we have any record of what happened after the Negation War."
    "You know of the Negation? I have been a fugitive of the God Emperor Charon for months now. In fact I was just on my way to...change that status. Still, I am unaware of any Negation War."

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Girl View Post
    "Keep your voice down. I’d rather not annoy the all-powerful figures holding our lives in their hands."
    "Perhaps you should not annoy one of the all-powerful figures that stands right in front of you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    "Well, I think if we're all going to be working together maybe you could give your name. I'm Son Gohan but you can just call me Gohan. What's yours?"
    "Are you dimwitted or just hard of hearing? As I've stated plainly, several times, my name is Evinlea. And I will only work with whomever gives me the best chance of going home. Do you give me that chance, Gohan?"

Spectacular Member

Rubbing the back of his head, Gohan let out a sheepish laugh. "Oh! Sorry must have had my attention on something else when you said it." He admitted before he'd stop right as he was going to answer the second question as Evinlea snapped at the young girl. Maybe it was partly due to the fact that children were among the many casualties of the androids but it annoyed Gohan. "Leave the kid alone." Gohan stated firmly. Perhaps the girl could have added a please but Gohan wasn't gonna let Evinlea show that attitude towards a kid like Vegeta had done to him.
    Last edited by TheCourier; 06-04-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Amazing Member

Harry Osborn dashed through the skies of New York, a green streak across the emptiness of night. He'd waited months for this. Waited too long to do what he should've done a long time ago.

He swore on his father's grave that Spider-Man would pay and tonight, it would finally happen. Tonight, he was going to kill Spider-Man.

No, not Spider-Man.

"Peter Parker."

Saying the name made Harry scowl. He once thought the man was his friend, his best friend. The same man that took his father from him. How many times had Peter laughed behind his back, knowing the truth and treating him like a fool. He should have seen it sooner. Peter was no friend of his. All he was was the man who ruined his life and now Harry was going to even the score.

It felt strange riding the skies like this. Even after all the time he'd spent training on the Glider, there was definitely something bizarre about finally being out in the open like this. The gear was a lot lighter than Harry remembered, but then so did everything else since he took the performance enhancer. This was what Dad must have felt like before he was murdered. That rush of freedom, knowing he finally had what it took to do whatever he wanted, to---

Harry shook the thought out of his mind. It didn't matter what Dad was trying to do when he was up here. All that mattered now was finding Peter, and that meant dashing deeper into the flash of white----

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "Ah, good. My champions have arrived. As you heard when my message was relayed to your respective worlds, I am the Beyonder, and you have been chosen to take part in something I like to call The Traitor Game.

This game will test your skills mentally and physically. You see, among your group, there are three "traitors" waiting to systematically eliminate each and everyone one of you. However, I do believe in fair play. That is why there are three other "agents" within your group trying to find the wolves in the fold. The object of this game is simple. Eliminate the traitors before they eliminate you. If you succeed, all you desire will be yours. Fail, and well, let's just say it will really hinder your chances at returning to your home world. Choose not to participate at all, and there will be heavy consequences.

But for now, let's go inside."

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]"My mansion is your mansion. The game will begin shortly. Take this time to get to know each other. I'm sure you will all have plenty to discuss.

For now, I must take my leave. However, I will leave you to my associate to keep an eye on things..."
    ----And into a world he could hardly imagine.

Harry might have gotten a sense of what this was all about. If he'd been paying attention, he might have been less confused about just what was happening to him.

But Harry hadn't been listening. And there was one very good reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post

"Okay, does anybody here have any questions? Because I have about 85."

"PETEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!"

"No," Evinlea waved dismissively. "That's not it. I have not moved through time. I would know it." Still, something nagged at her, a feeling of deja vu.
    "Maybe it's not you who's moved through time. It's me." Phantom Girl replied. "I'm from the 30th Century. At least that's what Earth calendars call it."

"You know of the Negation? I have been a fugitive of the God Emperor Charon for months now. In fact I was just on my way to...change that status. Still, I am unaware of any Negation War."
    "I don't really know much. Only that the Negation is part of some other universe where powerful beings fought with each other." Phantom Girl replied. "I can't remember exactly what our research uncovered, but I believe I heard that Charon was a mortal who ascended to having godlike powers. The research was vague on the details."

"Now guys, I can sense the palpable hint of tension present at the moment, but if we could gather up and channel some of that mojo into a more constructive outlet, I feel that we will all make it through and get along fabulously. Who's with me?"

Last edited by NovaPrimeX; 06-04-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    "Leave the kid alone." Gohan stated firmly.
    Evinlea pursed her lips. "Hmmm. I suppose you are not."

Tinya approached. "I don't know if you recall meeting me, but I'm Phantom Girl. From the Legion of Super Heroes."
    He looked down at her flipping through his mind to try and match the face. ”Don’t think I have.”

Batman turned towards the goddess.

“I’m Batman.”

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    "If this is your attempt at intimidating me, then it's a pretty pathetic...," Homura began to trail off, her eyes meeting with Robin as she held an almost tranced look on her. Her demeanor and attire gave Robin the image of a superhero, righting wrongs and helping to better the world. Just like...

Robin took a step back and raised her hands.

“Whoa! No! I was being serious! If we start icing each other than nothing good’s going to get done!”

Homura quickly turned away from the redhead, suddenly wanting to keep her distance even more. "Just don’t bother me. If you want to talk, fine, but I don't have time for amateurs.”
    Robin noticed the gestures but wanted to say her final piece. No one calls her an amateur, even if technically she could be considered one. ” Unless you didn’t hear, I’m Robin and I got all the skills you need to dust any bad guys coming my way.”

"I don't really know much. Only that the Negation is part of some other universe where powerful beings fought with each other." Phantom Girl replied. "I can't remember exactly what our research uncovered, but I believe I heard that Charon was a mortal who ascended to having godlike powers. The research was vague on the details."
    "I'd say you know nothing then," Evinlea stated flatly. "Charon a mortal? Preposterous. To stand in front of him, or any of his Lawbringers, is to know almost infinite power. Power enough to give me pause. Mortal indeed. Laughable. Perhaps if you make it back to your time you can re-educate the masses to this egregious historical error."

Professor Zoom returned from the study, unable to find anything of value. He thought to himself, "From what I could ascertain, this place exists beyond the scope of Earth itself. It seems that I have found myself somewhere beyond time itself, where the laws of the natural world don't have power." Grumbling, he sat down with the others.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerman View Post

"PETEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!"

The Spider-Woman felt no kinship with her male "counterpart" - they had nothing to do with each other. Yet, how many times had she run afoul of insane flying costumed murderers with impossible gadgets? She had yet to defeat the Brothers Grimm back in her proper time and place. How many times was she harassed and harangued for being an outcast? Wundagore, London, San Francisco - no matter where, trouble always sought her out.

Her rational side told her to stay out of it, and she didn't listen.

As the figure rocketed down the length of the large room towards Spider-Man, she positioned herself between the two and crouched, ready for battle.

"Leave him be, whoever you are."