Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Batman turned towards the goddess. “I’m Batman.”
    "Batman," Evinlea said, rolling it around on her tongue. “Batman,” she said, perfectly mimicing his voice. "I like it! You remind me of someone. Someone I...respect. Perhaps we can help each other? I'm sure you'll be much more useful than One Arm over there."

Spectacular Member

Gohan glared. "I guess not." Yep, she reminded him just like Vegeta: Arrogant, rude, and didn't mind picking on kids. Though, to Vegeta's credit, he had gone down fighting the androids and helped father Trunks. Granted, he'd died before Trunks had ever met him and Gohan kept his opinion of Vegeta to himself so as not to give Trunks a bad image of his father. Turning away, he'd walk over towards Homura as he knelt down. "Sorry about that. I know you could probably stick up for yourself but didn't like the way she responded to you. I'm Gohan." he introduced himself to the girl, if she hadn't heard his name already.

He looked over at where Harry stood with Spider-Woman in the middle and Spider-Man on the other side. She seemed to have it under control but if Harry got out of hand, Gohan would see to him.
    Last edited by TheCourier; 06-04-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
    Wynne observed the man, walking towards him. Her eyes were enamored, and she was in awe of him.
    "I must say, I have never heard of any Wishmaster in any lore I'm familiar with, but there is, something new to learn about, no matter the age, yes?"

Wynne would chuckle before she extended her hand.

"I am Wynne. My honor to meet you, Wishmaster."
    The Wishmaster was shocked as he looked down at Wynne. Wow, a woman. Neat! Prismo hadn't seen a woman in the flesh since what, three millennia? There is no end to all this excitement!

"Sup Wynne! Very cool to meet you."

"Yeah, I'm not in any of the mainstream lore books, y'know? You really got to dig deep for me, but I'm there. Granting wishes. Since like ever. Beyonder talks about desire, fitting that he chooses a cat who grants the desires of other cats, feel me?"

"What do you do Wynne?"

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Flowers View Post
    "Now guys, I can sense the palpable hint of tension present at the moment, but if we could gather up and channel some of that mojo into a more constructive outlet, I feel that we will all make it through and get along fabulously. Who's with me?"
    "Yeah people, I'd listen to the Captain. Why all this nasty jazz? It's just a game. And don't you want to win?"

"Yes, thank you my good sir, Mister Prismo. Look around...already forming groups and niches and trying to distance from each other. That is not a healthy team dynamic. At this rate, the traitors might very well have won...if they even exist. I don't think any of you are traitors, you all seem like nice, good people. A team I was part of way back broke up because they had this same dynamic...but at least they didn't have it right off the bat." He pulled a piece of paper out. "I even wrote a song about it! I'm a pretty good musician. Ahem." He cleared his throat.

It's getting pointless
    Trying to keep up this game

Broken friendships
    Watching pleasure turn to pain

All around us
    Lines are being drawn between

Don't believe them
    They try to tell us we're a team

We like to think that there is something good to hold on to
    One simple reason keeps us hanging on

They're out to break us down, to run our lives
    To rule our minds

Our days of destiny are gone

But your dreams have turned to fear
    And it's pretty goddamn clear
    That you know you can't trust anybody now

You think they help us
    You think they give us everything

They'll just use us
    Whatever bitter end to bring

It gets harder
    They'll sacrifice you for their needs

Wake the fuck up
    They'll have us crawling on our knees

You always dreamed that there'd more to life than all the lies
    A place you'd find where you weren't all alone

But now you look around, at what you've learned
    And face the truth

That you may never find a home

Now your smiles have turned to tears
    And it's pretty goddamn clear
    That you know you can't trust anybody now ♪

"But I, unlike some of my Freelancer compatriots, did manage to find a new home...then I was summoned here. I may not know a lot about many of you or our host or this place, but I do know how to keep teams flourishing." He beamed proudly. A true father to his men.

Last edited by NovaPrimeX; 06-04-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evinlea View Post
    "Batman," Evinlea said, rolling it around on her tongue. “Batman,” she said, perfectly mimicing his voice. "I like it! You remind me of someone. Someone I...respect. Perhaps we can help each other? I'm sure you'll be much more useful than One Arm over there."
    The mimicking would've probably made a lesser man crack an emotion.

Batman wasn't a lesser man.

"You'd be surprised what a man with one arm can accomplish." He'd give a quick side glance. "Regarding an alliance...I'll think about it." He replied before walking off.

Quote Originally Posted by Women in red View Post
    "Leave him be, whoever you are."[/COLOR][/I]
    He moved swiftly for a man his age and size and suddenly Batman was standing next to Spider-woman a handful of Batarangs in his hand.

"Son, whatever this man is to you that's going to have to wait until this is all over. We don't need to be at each others throats. If you can't comply with that I will personally take you down."

Spectacular Member

Gohan was taught to always respect his elders by his mother but the speed at which the one known as 'Batman' moved was pretty impressive. But he was grateful that he and the woman seemed to have it under control. While he'd stop Harry with no hesitation if he started a fight, Gohan wanted to save his energy in case Evinlea proved to be a problem. Gohan was well aware if it came down to hand to hand-er rather hands to hand combat, he'd probably be overwhelmed but he wouldn't let harm come to those here who seemed alright. Like Flowers and whatever Prismo was, he seemed fine too. He had also been taught not judge by appearances otherwise, he would have never changed his opinion of Piccolo being nothing but a big green skinned monster based solely on how he looked. Closing his eyes for a brief moment to reflect on how Piccolo also fought valiantly against the androids as well, he was cut down just like all the rest, only this time there was no using the Dragon Balls to bring him or any of the Z-Fighters back for that matter.

It pained Gohan, that not only had he seen his father who he had built up as invincible die from a simple virus at a young age, he had lost his best friend in Krillin and mentor/other father figure in Piccolo, along with the deaths of the other Z-Fighters(and Vegeta) and it was what gave him the rage to become a Super Sayian. But it still wasn't enough to defeat the Androids, leading to defeat after defeat dealt to him by the evil duo, all the while trying to keep Trunks safe and raise him up so that if anything were to Kami-Forbid happen to him, Trunks would take up his 'sword' and destroy the Androids once and for all. But, Gohan knew that one day could come where he might meet his end before he can finish training Trunks. Which was why he had come here, thinking that if he had won this Beyonder would simply eradicate the Androids with a wave of his hand and allow him and Trunks, and Bulma to live in a world not dominated by fear and start to rebuild. But with people like Evinlea, around Gohan knew it wasn't going to be easy. Flower's song did get him to crack a small smile however.
    Last edited by TheCourier; 06-04-2014 at 10:08 AM.

All-New Member

Meanwhile on a rather quiet road in Greece, one particular women riding a loyal steel made her way to Athens. As much as she (just recently) appreciates the company that is Gabrielle, she believed this was something she had to do alone. Not like she hasn't done it before. She'll forgive her like she usually does. Especially when the stakes couldn't be higher.

Eventually, the two arrived at their destination: the Parthenon. Dismounting the horse, she made her way into the building... and frowned at who she met.

"Welcome back. It's always a pleasure to see my favorite pupil of war again."

The voice all but confirmed who it is as she growled. "I was here to receive a message from Athena, not the likes of you."

"Oh you mean my know-it-all sister? Turns out she had errands to do. Luckily I was more than happy to deliver the good news." The amount of 'not amused' on the warrior's princess only caused him to smirk even more. "Ahhh, there's the face of a cold-blooded killer. You look a lot cuter that way."

"Just tell me what she gave you." Xena replied rather calmly despite her hatred.

"Right." Ares held out his hand, and a scroll appeared right before him. He rolled it up as he began to read. "It has turned to our attention that we are in the midst of not just one, but several worlds. A certain person saw you fit to be among several from different worlds to attend his tests of strength. We hope to see you return from your endeavors in one piece. Sighed, Athena."

"And when am I supposed to leave?"

"As I recall from the scroll... right now." With a grin and a snap of his fingers Xena was suddenly not where she was. Not the Parthenon, not Greece, not even in her world, but in front of several people she had never seen before. Which was why she had been quiet for now, assessing what each person was capable of.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    As the figure rocketed down the length of the large room towards Spider-Man, she positioned herself between the two and crouched, ready for battle.

"Leave him be, whoever you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    He moved swiftly for a man his age and size and suddenly Batman was standing next to Spider-woman a handful of Batarangs in his hand.

"Son, whatever this man is to you that's going to have to wait until this is all over. We don't need to be at each others throats. If you can't comply with that I will personally take you down."

Harry hovered before the two on his Glider, the look in his eyes seeming to say that he had every intention of finishing what he was about to start. For a moment, he didn't budge, standing his ground, poised to do what he had to do to finally have his revenge.

Thankfully, reason won out, and the Glider descended, as Harry's poise relaxed.

"You have no idea what kind of a man he is. You want a traitor? Look at the man behind you."

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic View Post
    Evinlea eyed the man who just approached up and down. "And you are...?"
    The mutant replied, "Name's Johnny Alpha." He quickly snapped his head to the side. "Bite your tongue!" He held his head, his face showing a hint of pain, weakness. "Sorry. Didn't mean you," he said gently, or as gently as his rough voice would allow.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaPrimeX View Post
    "Now guys, I can sense the palpable hint of tension present at the moment, but if we could gather up and channel some of that mojo into a more constructive outlet, I feel that we will all make it through and get along fabulously. Who's with me?"
    Johnny's perpetual blank stare revealed nothing, but he did truly agree. "Works for me. After everyone's finished with introductions, we should search this mansion. This place seems to big for one person to cover alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic View Post
    "I'd say you know nothing then," Evinlea stated flatly. "Charon a mortal? Preposterous. To stand in front of him, or any of his Lawbringers, is to know almost infinite power. Power enough to give me pause. Mortal indeed. Laughable. Perhaps if you make it back to your time you can re-educate the masses to this egregious historical error."
    "Lawbringers?" Johnny questioned, with a raised eyebrow. "Law men used to use guns called Lawgivers back before the war. Similar?"

Quote Originally Posted by Evinlea
    Evinlea wrinkled her nose in disgust as Deadpool approached. "Cesspool is more like it. You reek of...Death."
    "Yeah, but you love it." Deadpool responded flippantly. "I don't diss my exes though."

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    [CENTER]"..."

Batman would give him one more good look before releasing his grip of the man's hand. "Son, you'll find me very hard to swallow."
    Blowing Batman a sassy kiss, "Good thing I prefer to spit, big boy."

Quote Originally Posted by Homura View Post
    "Tch." Homura didn't know what was grosser; his show of masculinity or the fact that she's supposed to be impressed. Her eyebrow raised as her curiousity for the man named Deadpool grew. "You seem to know at least one of the others in this room, "X-Man". Maybe even more." Her eyes briefly narrowed at the mercenary with a cold sting. "That wouldn't end up biting us later on...would it?"
    "Not if you also don't like people. So, whaddya want, the rundown on everybody here?" He said, smirking.

Quote Originally Posted by Evinlea View Post
    "Are you dimwitted or just hard of hearing? As I've stated plainly, several times, my name is Evinlea. And I will only work with whomever gives me the best chance of going home. Do you give me that chance, Gohan?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCourier View Post
    Rubbing the back of his head, Gohan let out a sheepish laugh. "Oh! Sorry must have had my attention on something else when you said it."
    Deadpool placed a careful hand on Evinlea's shoulder. The other gesticulated quickly towards Gohan.

"Are you kidding me? What a total douchewa-- this guy can't even remember your name, Carol."
    Last edited by Deadpooligan; 06-04-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Girl View Post
    "Professor Zoom. The Reverse Flash." Tinya said out loud. "The enemy of the Flash. We know all about him back home. He's a criminal, and a murderer."

However, this was not the only person that Phantom Girl recognized. Looking around, she saw what appeared to be a much older Batman.
    Taken aback by the young lady who seemed to be aware of his name, he turned to her. "I don't believe we've met before, young lady. Perhaps you know where we are and how we can get back home?"
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Emma struggled to maintain her footing as she materialized. Once she realized others were there she telepathically projected herself standing straight and steady, for that is the image of the Queen.

A quick scan of the others present brought some familiar faces to focus. A large dinosaur? Then, the Beyonder spoke. Said someone would watch them, Rictor Goldstar? Someone unimpressive and a bit creepy. Emma was already impatient. She was ready to telepathically shout her displeasure. Then, familiar thoughts.

Emma was shocked. Betrayal, challenges, and now him? Why did Scott bloody Summers have to be here too?
    Emma. Man, he still hadn't really 'talked' to her since the incident. She looked different though. Though she still looked like Emma. Sharp, biting. Gorgeous . All the indecision behind his mask evaporated as he mustered up the nerve to say something.

"Hey, surprised to see you here too" he'd say, a slight grin on his face, which he quickly regret. No, no that was stupid! Thankfully, the girl (Phantom Girl?) and Deadpool decided to distract him.

X-men have to stick together. Well , the more the better. Scott looked at the Merc with a mouth and nodded, completely serious. "You're right wade, just wish the others thought so"

He then turned to Phantom Girl
    "The Beyonder is, a child. He wants us to play-fight-for his amusement. I got sent here once with other heroes-like Spider-Man- and villains. We almost died because of The Beyonder being foolish enough to not consider a man named Dr. Doom a threat. He's very powerful, a god like being in every sense of the word. It's a bad idea to cross him unless you can outsmart him"

He then noticed the woman talking to the one armed kid with the uncanny hair. They seemed to be a bit more powerf than some of the others, and unlike Godzilla, they could talk. Of course Emma might be able to get him to talk but, let her come to him, keep all options open

He then turned to the whole group. "So if you all are interested in getting out of here alive, I've got a plan"

Or thirty, and counting
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerman View Post
    Harry hovered before the two on his Glider, the look in his eyes seeming to say that he had every intention of finishing what he was about to start. For a moment, he didn't budge, standing his ground, poised to do what he had to do to finally have his revenge.

Thankfully, reason won out, and the Glider descended, as Harry's poise relaxed.

"You have no idea what kind of a man he is. You want a traitor? Look at the man behind you."
    "Are you so sure of that? You heard The Beyonder. All isn't as it seems. Because you have a vendetta against Spider-Man doesn't mean that he is a traitor in this game."

Incredible Member

With a whooshing* sound, Captain Eo whisked us away to a new place, filled with hundreds of people**:

*There was no whooshing sound, but it would have been much cooler and more dramatic if there had been. Note to Beyonder for next time.
    **There also weren't hundreds of people. I'm told it was much closer to 30, but math wasn't exactly my strong suit. Still isn't.

Captain Eo introduced himself to everyone:

"Ah, good. My champions have arrived. As you heard when my message was relayed to your respective worlds, I am the Beyonder, and you have been chosen to take part in something I like to call The Traitor Game.

This game will test your skills mentally and physically... blah blah blahbitty blah.
    Test? There was going to be a test? What kind of game was this? I started playing angrily with my toys again, tuning out White Captain Eo. I probably missed out on some important information just then.

Inside the mansion...[/I][/B]

In a instant, the Beyonder is gone! Mister E addresses the group.

"Enjoy the peace right now, folks. It's all downhill from here."
    That was an understatement. As far as I was concerned, it had already started going downhill the minute the Beyond mentioned a test.

However, something caught my eye that brightened my day considerably:

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post

"Okay, does anybody here have any questions? Because I have about 85."
    "Spider-Man!?!?" I jumped up from the floor excitedly.

"Himyname'sAllieIwatchyouontheElectricCompanyevery day!Howareyou?Willyoucometomynextbirthdaypartyplea sepleasepleasewithsugarontop?"
    Last edited by Cthulhudrew; 06-04-2014 at 11:37 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    "Are you so sure of that? You heard The Beyonder. All isn't as it seems. Because you have a vendetta against Spider-Man doesn't mean that he is a traitor in this game."
    "What of this talk of traitors?"

Finally making her presence known would be the warrior princess.

"I have only had vague information regarding the gathering."