Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1218

Batman was still out cold on the floor as Robin hovered over him. He was breathing...good, that's good. She'd let the others deal with the black blob with sharp teeth. though she realized she needed to vote. "Spider-Woman. I-we vote for Spider-Woman."
    Last edited by Jeremi; 06-26-2014 at 01:20 PM.

With the strength that could easily punch a hole through a grown man, King Crimson smashed the flaming torch against the Venom symbiote's face yet again. While Diavolo was too entertained to cast his vote, it wouldn't be too difficult to discover that he was adamant in his previous decisions.
    _____
    OOC: A vote for Spider-Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Evinlea View Post
    "Where is he?" Evinlea demanded of Spider-Man. "Where is Deadpool?" She grabbed Spider-Man by the chest and lifted him off the ground. "I will vivisect that traitorous cur when next I see him! Do not deign to hide him from me or suffer the same fate!"
    Emma overheard Evinlea's outburst.

She had wondered, upon her appearance, if Evinlea was dispatched knowing her assassin just as Emma did. Hearing her words, made Emma chuckle slightly.

Emma then thought, it was very likely Deadpool would have been voted out, as it seemed his murder was committed in plain sight.

Then she realized, should Deadpool appear here, it might be a matter of speed that determines who would get her revenge on the mercenary.

*Yachiru was disheartened.... Deadpool had been another Aizen, and she hadn't seen it coming....

She had thought he was a friend...

But he wasn't....

And that day, her heart simply shattered....

only to be reforged into the Steel of Battle.*

I'm going to send that bastard where the sun don't shine...

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    OOC: I've lost track; is everyone back at the Beyonder's mansion now? I thought most of us were in Battle World.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    OOC: No, it's just that the Symbiote gets sent to the Beyonder's Mansion, and that chronologically (from the Symbiote's viewpoint) takes place AFTER the confrontation on Battleworld. Unless I'm mistaken, everyone on the Battleworld is still on Battleworld at this point.
    Right. The way it was set up was after the main update with Deadpool & Evinlead getting eliminated, the Venom Symbiote appeared in the mansion. In yesterday's Battleworld update, after getting hit by a barrage of attacks culminating in Gohan's Kamehameha, the Venom Symbiote was gone leaving only its host laying near death. The question is how the heck the symbiote got to the mansion. Those in Battleworld are still there en route to New Latveria.
    GLORIOUS!

VOTING UPDATE 2099

Spider-Woman - 7
    Homura - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    OOC: Vote for Spider-Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    "Good choice, I'm voting for Spider-Woman too, but stay behind me okay?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowerman View Post
    Vote for Spider-Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickthekid View Post
    OOC: Going for Spider-Woman as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    "Spider-Woman. I-we vote for Spider-Woman."
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: A vote for Spider-Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    OOC: Vote for Spider-woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo Al View Post
    OOC: Vote for Homura

Deadline is tonight at 11!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-26-2014 at 08:00 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

The Beyonder's Mansion

"RRRAAAAARRRGGGHHH!"

The Venom symbiote let out a loud shriek, writhing in pain from all the attacks. The symbiote needed a host or it would suffer the same fate as its predecessor. Desperately, it lashes out striking multiple targets, before crawling towards the unconscious body of Batman!
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Frost View Post
    Emma looked back at Johnny Alpha and asked, "Did you get those two thoughts, two voices? What do you think they mean?"
    Spider-Man approached Emma Frost.

"Emma, what did you see when you probed his mind?"

Quote Originally Posted by Evinlea View Post
    "Where is he?" Evinlea demanded of Spider-Man. "Where is Deadpool?" She grabbed Spider-Man by the chest and lifted him off the ground. "I will vivisect that traitorous cur when next I see him! Do not deign to hide him from me or suffer the same fate!"
    "Okay, okay! I get it!"

Spider-Man manages to get himself down from Evinlea's grip.

"(What's up with everybody grabbing and lifting me up here?) Deadpool. Honestly, I'm not surprised. You can never predict what goes on side that sick mind of his. But I get it. However, you can't let this consume you. If he or the other two Traitors find their way here, justice--not vengeance--will be served. There's been far too much death here already."
    GLORIOUS!

I noticed the creature crawling towards Batman and rolled in front, blasting it back.

"C'mon people let's wear this thing down! I'll be damned if it touches Batman!" I'd shout
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

"I'll indulge in your suspicions on this once again, Cyclops. I hope my vote isn't tragically misplaced." Zoom remarked as he cast his vote.

OOC: Vote for Spider-woman.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    Spider-Man approached Emma Frost.

"Emma, what did you see when you probed his mind?"
    Emma Frost was about to speak to Spider Man, then, she decided a better way to paint the picture.

"I'll just replay to you what I got out of Venom, telepathically."

"Venom. You will be superior!" - Doctor Octopus

"This is nothing more than a ruse! We're nothing more than pawns in someone else's grand schemes! I should've known all along!" - Kang the Conqueror

Emma then asked him, "so, what do you make of that, Spider-Man?"

Battleworld

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Frost View Post
    Emma Frost was about to speak to Spider Man, then, she decided a better way to paint the picture.

"I'll just replay to you what I got out of Venom, telepathically."

"Venom. You will be superior!" - Doctor Octopus

"This is nothing more than a ruse! We're nothing more than pawns in someone else's grand schemes! I should've known all along!" - Kang the Conqueror

Emma then asked him, "so, what do you make of that, Spider-Man?"

"Cap mentioned in the previous journal entry that during their battle with Kang, he rambled on something them being pawns in something beyond the war. If we're going to find the answer to that, we're either going to get from Dr. Doom or the Beyonder himself.

As for Doc Ock, he's just being his usual, arrogant self. This Venom fiasco hit a little too close to home for me. There was a Venom symbiote in my world as well. Fortunately, I was able to fight out of it before it settled onto Eddie Brock. I guess the Eddie Brock in this reality also fell victim t---"

Suddenly, Spider-Man PDF device began beeping.

"Looks like another journal entry. Maybe this can shed some more light."

Quote Originally Posted by From the Journal of Captain America

"There were heroes captured on both sides. A lot of back and forth-- breaking into bases, getting sacked. Rescuing a hero, failing to stop a villain from escaping. It happens more than any of us care to admit as the war goes on. After all, the stakes were raised to where we could kill, and it wasn't some small level of moral reluctance on the villain side. It was luck in a very brief window. And this time, we managed to lose Spider-Man in a hit-and-run against some super-tech. Anything could have gone wrong, but there's that sinking feeling in the back of any leader's mind when they have to send a man in alone. He just might not come back.

I may have sent Spidey into that villain base, but I didn't send him into the darkness that would wrap itself around him later. On what I figure is some twisted version of 'dibs', once he got captured, he was handed over to Doctor Octopus. And like any bad guy that thinks they're the smartest guy next to Doom, when you get your science-freak nemesis on a platter, you're gonna dig in with horrible experiments.

That brings me to the... 'symbiote'. Why Octavius was messing with alien life is sort of beyond me. Where he found it is probably even stranger. This Battleworld is a patchwork out of planets all over the known universe, and Ock manages to find one machine in one abandoned facility that has a living parasite inside. But xenobiblio-- what's it... xenobiology, that's not his thing. You expect that kinda garbage from that joker who slaps Alpha Flight around. At one of our roundtables, we hammered out what these guys are skilled at and, as much as we could figure them out, where they came from. Octavius is a nuclear physicist. Got arms connected to his mind and body by a freak accident of atomic radiation. Hell, half the people on this planet are married to radiation in a way, but these supergeniuses dabble in so many things, it really doesn't matter.

We go in, we fight some robots, we fight some villains, it's the same song and dance. We get to the lab and we see our worst fears confirmed. Spider-Man is there, bound to a vertical table. Looks like a withered husk-- if he ain't dead, he certainly wanted to be. And Doc Ock is there grinning like a maniac, he looks at us, and he shows us this container with some black fluid in it. And he's going on and on about his plans and his research, but none of us are listening because we're all hankering to kick his ass and get our pal outta there.

An' that's when he cut a line right across Spider-Man's arm with his tentacle, smashed the tank, and this... thing... this horrible thing that looks like living ink, just jumped into his body. Like, right into the blood in the veins. Spider-Man screamed and writhed, this thing took over, and lashed out with fangs and a tongue and these wild tendrils. He was transformed into a monster-- he made the Hulk look like a jolly green paperboy.

We couldn't bring the thing down. Amping up Spidey's body, it was faster, stronger, and though it barely said a damn thing outside of a snarl, it was smarter than us too. Ock knew it, and I won't forget what he said about it: 'My heroic antithesis. A poison that came from heroes that would end heroes. My VENOM. You will be superior!' ...A superior Venom. It's hard to argue if you saw what this thing did. I guess I can take relief in that Ock didn't live long to see us suffer as we did-- this Venom thing killed him with his own arms.

But 'superior' ain't the right word to describe what Spider-Man became. Only that he'd never be Amazing again."

"......."

The revelation of Venom's true identity left Spider-Man frozen in a state of shock. It's not everyday you get to bury your counterpart from another reality. Finally, Spider-Man spoke.

"Let's go. We're nearing New Latveria."
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-26-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Voting closed! Update coming up shortly
    GLORIOUS!

RECAP

"Okay, 'Lando. I know you're the real brains behind this outfit, so I’m taking control. And you’re gonna let me, because you’re gonna put me back in the game so I can kill everyone else."

"Oh my god...please..please don't...wait, who is this?"

"Really, bro? The gravelly, Demi Moore-like voice doesn't give it away?"

"Oh I was just feigning ignorance. Of course I know who's pointing a gun at me. It can only be you...."

Turns around

"Taskm---errr---Deadpool!"

Deadpool turns to the readers.

"And this is the guy that founded the Traitor Game? Shaddup for a second and listen, I got unfairly banished. You musta counted wrong—I don’t care if I vaccinated Emma in front of a live studio audience, I still got a job to do. "

"Enough with the nonsense. So let me get this straight. You want me to drop you back off at the Beyonder's Mansion so you can finish what you started? I can do that for you. You just have to do me this one simple favor....

YOU MUST DO THE RECAP! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN!

"...you’re sick, pal. Still, you got cojones to stand up to me, so fine, I'll do it. But I'm not going back to the Game empty handed, so I’m gonna grift your Groot. That’s right-- a completed Marvel Legends Infinite Series: Guardians of the Galaxy Groot Build-A-Figure. All for Deadpool."

"Hey, give that back! I sold my sister's kidneys to get the leg pieces!"

"All right nerds, here’s what you already read! But I gotta do it in case you forgot something. Or you skim. You know who you are, and you’re next.”

“*ahem*

…After I was narrowly banished despite being the most obvious Traitor this side of a human trig function, I beat seven shades of it into Batman. Which, if you think about it, was totally long and unnecessary, unless you consider than the fact I duped his author into thinking he was gonna die, so he could go out like a champ. (As if he didn’t already have a ton of anxiety over writing the Bat to begin with). With that lie out of the way, I murderized Evinlea with the kiss heard ‘round the CBR Community forums. Well, heard by about 25 people who read it, but listen, that was one hell of a smooch. She’s dead, I’m dead, she’s pissed, and I’m stuck haggling with the chief goon who writes this crap.

So the Beyonder and Mister E. are being Jerks Supreme and getting pretty dodgy with the details. You know, dodgy enough for an omnipotent kidnapping deity and his geriatric poorly-named manservant to be where you actually start to wonder what’s really going on behind the scenes.

Oh yeah, and there’s the eliminated story. Not only did those guys get into a killer fight with Venom, they read a sweet log about John ‘Scotchy’ Walker Cap kicking a ton of villain butt. He even had his heroic homies to cut loose and kick ass. In true paragon hero fashion, Cappy totes wimped out and let Kang live, which basically led to Thor and Doctor Strange getting timequaked into a future log entr—I mean, into parts unknown. You know, the hometown of every badass ever. Like M. Bison and The Ultimate Warrior. Anyway, the still-living-but-actually-killed-by-me chumps on Battleworld are hounded by the Venom symbiont (look it up, ya philistine), and they trounce him so bad still-living-but-not-for-much-longer chumps in the mansion get sloppy seconds.

And now… ta-daaa! I’ve earned my way back into the game! I’m gonna put the laughter in your slaughter, the angle in your mangle, and the Deadpool in your Deadpoolig--”
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 06-26-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

CHAPTER NINE
    "Breaking Bat II: This Time We Mean It!"

Inside the Beyonder's mansion, the Venom symbiote continued to wreak havoc. Fortunately, the remaining players held off the alien long enough for the Beyonder and Mister E to arrive.

"Get of out the way! All of you!"

In mere moments, the Beyonder and Mister E capture the weakened symbiote, placing it inside a specialized container. Again, Mister E peered over to the small opening on the floor, likely where Venom entered through.

"I...apologize for incident. Being that my mansion is between realities, you never know what may come in and come out. Moving on, I believe Spider-Woman has obtained the most votes. So be it. Another Traitor found. Begone from this plane."

But before Spider-Woman was banished, she lunges towards the injured Batman, ripping off his left arm and right leg. The injuries finally took its toll and the Dark Knight bled to death. And in one final, gruesome act, Spider-Woman pulls out one of Batman's leg bones, and drives it right through Robin's stomach!

"Normally, I would remark about how finding the second Traitor cost Batman an arm and a leg....but I won't be that person."

"The Beyonder and I have to step out again, and return this creature back where it belongs. You have one more Traitor left to find. Frankly, I don't think you'll succeed."

With a wave of his hand, Batman & Spider-Woman are gone. Mister E & the Beyonder himself follow suit.

7 Remain.
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 07-02-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    GLORIOUS!