Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1218

Battleworld - "The Beyonder's" Secret Control Room

And so...as the group continued to investigate the room looking for answers...

"Heh. The perfect escape. I knew those lessons in crawling silently and inconspicuously I took at the Y would come in handy some day."
    GLORIOUS!

OT: Can't post tonight, got caught up with some personal things. Homura will vote for Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Just as Deadpool pulls the trigger he would feel his arm get twisted back as Batman disarmed him. "No." He'd glare at Deadpool. "We need him alive."
    Deadpool shook his arm out, frowning.

"For a guy with a code against murder, you're like a serial buzzkiller."

Quote Originally Posted by Slattery and Spidey View Post
    "Uh...uh....uhhhhhhhhhh....."

"Slattery? SLATTERY! Dammit. He fainted."[/CENTER]
    "Give me a break! You might as well pump his TV for information. Every antagonist we've come up against has been a robot. Deadpool the Traitor? Robot. Doctor Doom? Robot. Slattery...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Slattery View Post
    "Heh. The perfect escape. I knew those lessons in crawling silently and inconspicuously I took at the Y would come in handy some day."[/center]
    "AAAAAH! Robot!"

He quickly drew another hidden gun. You'd think he'd run out of those things by now.

BLAM!

"...oh Jesus, are robots supposed to bleed like that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    OT: Can't post tonight, got caught up with some personal things. Homura will vote for Zoom.
    OOC: ahh okay, hope things get better!

"Alright then Diavolo, I understand" I'd tell him, waiting to see the outcome of this vote
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Voting closed! Update coming up!
    GLORIOUS!

RECAP

"......What? Sod off! I'm trying take a nap!"

We would later find out from Mr. Slattery's lawyers that he was joking around and that his threats of physical violence were meant in jest. He also wanted to inform us that in the previous round, was that Spider-Woman was the second Traitor, Batman & Robin were the latest victims of the final Traitor, and the Beyonder was nothing more than a cover for Mr. Slattery himself, proving that he is indeed a world-renowned actor.
    GLORIOUS!

CHAPTER TEN
    Part 1 - "The Final Entry"

Inside the control room of world-renowned actor, Trevor Slattery...

"These controls are locked. I can't---"

Suddenly, as if it was almost forgotten, the PDF device starts beeping...

Quote Originally Posted by From the Journal of Captain America

"We were played for fools. Every single one of us. Didn't matter what side of the war you were on because the damn war didn't matter at all.

A couple of hours, Doom committed suicide followed by this mysterious white light. Now I found myself in this strange room. I managed to break myself out of the room and I couldn't believe what I found next. Chambers. Containment chambers to be specific, each holding someone that we witnessed get killed during this war. The Punisher. Thor. Lizard. Magneto. I couldn't figure out whether they were dead or alive, and I couldn't find a way to open up the chambers. As I much as I didn't want to, I moved on. Next room over, I could hear people conversing. The voices sounded familiar but I just couldn't figure out who they were exactly. However, it was the final room I went into where I started to put the pieces together. It was a control room that had monitors showing live feeds of Battleworld. That's where I found out that the Beyonder was nothing more than a hologram with pre-recorded lines. All this time we were following a damn hologram."

(Loud Static)

"This will most likely be my final journal entry. When I was in that mystery area by New Latveria, I double backed into the containment chamber room and found some sort of teleportation disc to transport me close enough to return to base. But there's no more time. Whoever's behind all this knows I broke out and they're nearby. I can hear the defenses of the base starting to fail. They'll be in here any moment. So be it. If I'm going down, I'm taking some of them with me.

I never said I wanted to be a leader nor did I say I wanted to be just like Captain America. I just wanted to do good. No matter what sacrifices I made, no matter what hard choices I had to decide on, I just wanted to do good. I----they're here.

Okay you bastards, you want to get rid of me? You're gonna have to---what the?! YOU?! No, it-it can't be! You're supposed to be d-----"

(Loud Static)
    "Captain America.....he was in this room. He found out about this damn farce. He---HEY!"

Over in the distance, Deadpool catches Trevor Slattery trying to crawl away to freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    "Give me a break! You might as well pump his TV for information. Every antagonist we've come up against has been a robot. Deadpool the Traitor? Robot. Doctor Doom? Robot. Slattery...?"

"AAAAAH! Robot!"

He quickly drew another hidden gun. You'd think he'd run out of those things by now.

BLAM!

"...oh Jesus, are robots supposed to bleed like that?"
    "ARGH! Good lord, I heard of shooting yourself in the foot, but this is bloody ridiculous!"

"Wilson! I told you not to--"

Suddenly all hell breaks loose as white smoke begins to fill the room. After the smoke clears, Slattery was gone!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 07-02-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Part 2- "Unraveled"

"Dammit, Slattery's gone. We're back to square one again. Let's go investigate those two rooms."

In the first room, the group notices a disc on the ground. They find a control pad and in seconds...

"Whoa. This has to be the teleportation disc Cap found. I'm not sure if its gonna lead us back to the Beyonder's mansion, but we gotta try. You guys go ahead. I'll be right behind you."

As the others go through the portal, Spider-Man double backs and checks the other room.

"What the heck? Are these...costumes?"

Finally, Spider-Man finds one last piece of the puzzle.

"Slattery said Mister B, not Mister E.

Mister E.

Oh no. No, no, no. Not him.

I hate him."
    GLORIOUS!

Part 3 - "Smoke & Mirrors"

The Beyonder's Mansion

Mister E arrives. The Beyonder follows, but he remains suspiciously quiet.

"Alright, let's get this over with. By my count, its seems that Zoom has obtained the most votes."

Everybody turns toward the Beyonder, but he remains silent. Not even a smile, wink, or nod.

"Well look at that, you found the final Traitor. Congratulations. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

However, I'm afraid I have some bad news.

You see...NOBODY----"

"--is falling for your crap anymore!"

Standing in the mansion were Spider-Man and the rest of the eliminated players!

"SPIDER-MAN! How the hell did you and the other idiots get back here?!"

"Let's just say a certain "world-renowned actor" gave us the lead we needed. But as for you....lose the facade already. No need to continue to disrespect the real Mister E!"

".....Ha. Ha. HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!"

Suddenly, smoke begins to surround Mister E. until...

MYSTERIO
    "I was beginning to wonder if you would ever figure out the mystery, Spider-Man!"

"How did you pull this off, Mysterio? You're usually all flash, no substance."

"Oh no, no, no, no, no, my annoying arachnid adversary. You see, you're in my domain now. Want to know how you and those other losers came back to life? I told you we were between worlds! We're in LIMBO, and I rule this realm!"

"You've lost it, Beck! You've absolutely lost it!"

"Once again, that's where your wrong, Spider. I've gained more knowledge of this Multiverse than you'll ever know! And I've acquired great power as well!"

With a wave of his hand, Mysterio summons his reinforcements.

Spider-Man
    Lots of 'em.
    "That's...a whole lot of me. Jeez, Beck. Obsessed with me much?"

"The jokes. Always my favorite defense mechanism from you. But I will have the last laugh.

Spider-Men.

Take them down."

Congratulations for finding the last Traitor! However, things just got a little real! It's everyone versus every Spider-Man ever. Go crazy, folks. Finale will be in a couple of days.
    GLORIOUS!

It WAS Zoom, my second guess. Should've been my first, but enough errors. Without turning to Diavolo, I simply told him "I was wrong, but let's focus on the targets at hand. Can your Stand take multiple targets?" I ask, firing at the oncoming Spider-Men with a wide angle optic blast

Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Emma was relieved to see the others, even though it had not been that long since she was... separated from them.

She was especially glad to see Cyclops again, blasting several of the Spider Men.

Then, she realized she should do some damage of her own.

Emma put two to sleep, they dropped to a long and damaging fall.

Two more realized what Emma was doing and jumped after her.

She turned to diamond and punched them in the face, knocking both out.

Emma took a deep breath and waited for more.
    Last edited by Mari; 07-01-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Spider-Men. An army of them.

It didn't take long for Homura to ready up and take on the armada. The hardest part was over, and now she had a new team to protect for the moment. She managed to pull headshots on a few of them and bombed some others, frantically backing up to Cyclops, Emma and Diavolo. Strength in numbers, as they say.

OOC: I'm back in business.

I didn't see THIS twist coming.

But I've got dibs on the MC-2 Spider-Man, father of Spider-Girl. (Or a simulation of him -- it's hard to tell what's real anymore*). My full story reply to come later. I'm still very busy.

* And yes, I know that this is fiction and these are fictional characters we're talking about. I mean real in the context of the fictional universe. **
    ** It's been a while since we've done silly footnotes.
    *** Yeah, but newcomers are unfamiliar with the footnote gag.
    **** So I'll stop.

"This is crazy. There's more of...well...me keeps coming out the woodwork. They're ranging from creepy..."

Spider-Man Noir
    "The darkness will consume you..."

"To just plain weird."

Spider-Ham
    "Oh yeah! Spider-Ham's on the comeback trail!"

"Therapy, here I come."

"Has reality set in yet, Spider-Man? Have you come to accept the fact that you cannot win? That this is nothing more than a mere formality for the inevitable?"

"Hate to interrupt your all too cliched super villain monologue, Beck, but I don't think the odds are against us. Look around you. Everyone you've deceived in this game is holding their own. We're chipping away and taking them down one by one. Soon, its just gonna be you, and I don't like your odds."

"On the contrary, Spider. I don't think everyone in your team is on the same page."

Mysterio calls out to Deadpool, Spider-Woman, and Professor Zoom.

"You three have served me well. And though you failed in the end, this is your chance to redeem yourselves. Join me and we will reap the gifts this Multiverse provides!"
    GLORIOUS!

Johnny Alpha withdrew both his hand pistol and his Westinghouse. "Got to hit as many of these wall-crawlers as possible," he said, and proceeded to fire at as many targets as he could. "Got to make my way to this 'Mysterio'." He would try to push through the seemingly infinite Spider-Men in his path.

OOC: Been offline for a few days. Sorry about that.