Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warehouse 13

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Looks like the series might end with the transition to Warehouse 14 after all.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Incredible Member

Finally Pete does something useful in a episode.

Astonishing Member

I've stopped watching as the characters have become clowns. Pete is moron, incompetent and wise cracking even in crisis. The biological clock thread is offensive to women. Career women don't have to be defined by their lack of children and then have an idiot wish to impregnate them.

The show also went down the ever boring conspiracy track. The Regents,blah,blah - they should have just be agents of USA government.

The show is just going through its paces for its death spiral.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

I know. They're sort of killing Myka for me. It's like her feelings are being pushed aside for Pete's love story.

At least H. G. should be in the next episode. I'm sure it'll be great. Even if it sucks, Season 2 will always be awesome. What's everyone's favorite episode, by the way? I think mine is Beyond Our Control. It's hard, though, because MacPherson and Time Will Tell back to back is perfect.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-13-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Amazing Member

Yeah, Myka is definitely getting screwed over this season. Which is pretty heart breaking since one of the many reasons why I love Myka is that she's so unlike the majority of female characters on TV. Far too many female characters are defined by their relationship with the male characters that surround them, they're lovers, wives, mothers, daughters, sisters; and their characters tend to revolve around and exist to serve the male characters. Myka wasn't this. She had her own story and was allowed to be her own character. Yes Pete was part of that but his part in it was to serve her story and to do it as a friend rather than a love interest, and all the other characters were part of it too. And she had her part in their stories too, but never in a way where she lost her agency or was reduced to less than she is. She's arguably the most well developed character on the show (compare season one Myka to how she is later), and all that development was in service of her own story, not Pete's.

And now they've thrown all that amazing work out the window in favour of sacrificing Myka for the sake of Pete's story. They've made her the thing she never was: the love interest. And worse yet they're not even doing it well. We only have one episode left and at no point has Myka been portrayed as being in love with Pete, or as even being interested in him romantically. The show doesn't at all seem interested in showing her side of this story. It’s very troubling and very sad, and a seriously crappy way to end such a great character.

On a more positive note I’m really looking forward to seeing H.G. again, especially since there’s some stuff with Victorian H.G.. I’ll forever be sad that that spin off about her never happened.

For favourite episode., I really like “3...2...1”, “Emily Lake”, really anything with H.G. in it (except “Instinct”). I can’t remember the title but I loved the only where Pete, Myka and Claudia have to fix the goo-ery and make their way through the Warehouse. That was a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    On a more positive note I’m really looking forward to seeing H.G. again, especially since there’s some stuff with Victorian H.G.. I’ll forever be sad that that spin off about her never happened.

For favourite episode., I really like “3...2...1”, “Emily Lake”, really anything with H.G. in it (except “Instinct”). I can’t remember the title but I loved the only where Pete, Myka and Claudia have to fix the goo-ery and make their way through the Warehouse. That was a lot of fun.
    I have to focus on the positive tonight.

Instinct wasn't as bad for me as it could have been. That kid was odd and annoying, but I was nearly convinced H. G. was going to be bite it the night before it aired. So while it wasn't a good episode, I'm still relieved she's not dead again.

The actress was so willing to do the spinoff, too, apparently. It's a huge disappointment. She's still interesting in Defiance, though. Every time I expect her not to be nasty, she's extra awful.

The one where they have to save the gooery is Breakdown.
    I love that one. My DVR was acting up last night and playing old recorded Warehouse episodes. I think it's a sign. Anyway, I forgot how much I enjoyed The Big Snag. Myka was fun agent. "You and your loogan just made a trip for biscuits. I'm putting you in a wooden kimono," is one of my favorite things.

But on a negative note, it's odd to me they're marginalizing Myka. Before I would've said she got more focus than Pete. Maybe it was more even but I just preferred Myka's episodes.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-19-2014 at 04:07 PM.

I'm over it.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I liked seeing Claudia as the caretaker at the end.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I liked her beehive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    The actress was so willing to do the spinoff, too, apparently.
    There as supposed to be a spin-off? I woulda' watched that...

Incredible Member

Wasn't a great ending but it did end on a high note with Claudia in the future. The tight, leather bondage thing was interesting. The warehouse is sure taking a hell of a long good-bye in leaving the US. Wonder where the next location would have been, Australia? Or maybe Russia, China or Brazil. Someplace with a lot of barren land or wilderness. Can't see why a new Warehouse wouldn't hire the old agents for their experience to possibly train new recruits and instead rely on newbies who have little idea on what they're doing.

Hated the Pete/Myka romance. Felt like a cop-out for a happy-ever-after ending in that all these years Myka showed no romantic interest at all in Pete and then in one memory she realizes she's in love with him. Felt forced.

BANNED

Talk about goin' out with a whimper. I've never been so glad to see a show that I actually liked come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Talk about goin' out with a whimper. I've never been so glad to see a show that I actually liked come to an end.
    If you didn't enjoy the end, I'm kinda wondering what you ever saw in the show in the first place. That finale encompassed everything there always was to love about Warehouse 13. It embraced the friendships, the relationships, the silliness, the joy and the basic premise that not all TV has to be all grim, dark and broody... or even especially believable!

My love for Warehouse 13 has always been that it's just plain fun and has a cast of enormously likeable characters. And the finale was a celebration of all of that. Pete and Myka didn't feel remotely forced to me. There've been more than enough hints in the past that the potential was there for a relationship. The show simply didn't focus on them to create yet another will they/won't they storyline that tends to plague more shows with a male and female lead.

All too often, writers and producers veer away from giving us the perfect 'happy ending' to a series cos they think people prefer things ambiguous or open ended or a little sad or just plain weird....

I'm glad that the people behind Warehouse thought "screw that!" and gave us an unashamedly positive and cheesy happy ending. Endless wonder, indeed.

Amazing Member

The bit with Leena made me cry.

It was an okay finale. Some bits were great, others were simply awful, and there was very little middle ground. I loved seeing Victorian H.G. again, the bits with her were probably the highlight of the episode for me. I'm glad that she's not with that random dude from season 4 anymore, and I guess sort of glad that she hooked up with a woman. Artie's rant was awesome. But wth? He has a son?

I loathed the Pete Myka romance. It was awful and ruined one of the very best male/female friendships on tv. I will mourn the loss of this broTP for a very long time. If they really wanted to go down this route then they should have had both Pete and Myka slowly realise that they were in love with each other over the six episodes. Shoehorning it into the very end was just bad writing.

I'm very disappointed that there wasn't a scene with Myka and H.G.. Even if you don't ship them together they were still friends and very important parts of each others lives and not acknowledging seems like a bit of a disservice to the characters and the fans. Considering they kept calling this episode a love letter to the fans its difficult not to take the lack of an H.G. & Myka scene as a bit of a deliberate slap in the face to the fans who loved their relationship (ship or otherwise). But I guess if they did have a scene between them then it would have completely undermine the Pete/Myka stuff.

Overall I enjoyed it. I'm rally going to miss this show. Guess I'll have to pour all my love onto Defiance now. No doubt in a year or two it'll break my heart as well.

Mighty Member

I liked everything but the how future Claudia acted. It seemed too little like Claudia the Caretaker and too much like Claudia, doing an impression of Mrs. Frederic, Caretaker. But it was a small thing since it was at the very end. Sad to see it go, like Eureka I will really miss it. But better a real end than a cliffhanger like Alphas and Santuary.