Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Can X-Men '92 survive?

The revival of the most popular X-Men team of all time (which can and will be argued) seems to be a success. June sales says the $4.99 issue 1 has sold over 97k copies.

There are a lot of people who love this roster and look for their X-Men so can this title/roster/costume look survive?

It has brought me back to the X-Men and I would like to stay so I hope this style does also. I said this in another thread, you can't honestly tell me that a return of the '90s X-Men is a worse scenario than having the 05 in the present?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The revival of the most popular X-Men team of all time (which can and will be argued) seems to be a success. June sales says the $4.99 issue 1 has sold over 97k copies.
    While some might be able to argue it, it's in the discussion at the very least.

But if this team and interpretation can pull in almost 100K sales at $5 an issue, even after a digital release should have cut massively into those sales, someone at Marvel had BETTER be paying attention. If not, someone at Fox should be (actually, they should be paying attention whether Marvel does or not).

Although, the true test of how much people like this team will be based on how many copies of 'not number 1' issues it can sell.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The sales are more than enough, and titles that sold less, like A-force, has been confirmed as continuing.

The question is whether Marvel will think it "creates new viewers for the movies" or some BS like that.

Spectacular Member

I don't think that is an issue. Marvel Comics get full profit from any comic series they produce, it has nothing to do with movies.

This Embargo/CompleX conspiracy theory thing is tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I don't think that is an issue. Marvel Comics get full profit from any comic series they produce, it has nothing to do with movies.

This Embargo/CompleX conspiracy theory thing is tiring.
    I think part of it is questioning whether or not they might have a legal fight on their hands for any other merchandise profits. While the complex can be tiring, there is plenty to support it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

I feel that X-men '92, which is taken from the X-men TAS, has a different feel. It feels like it's more than what X-men tas can offer. iT'S great to see a lot of characters showing up in Marvel and the stories are great ( according to what I've read since I haven't got my copies of the first two issues)

I hope it will become an ongoing.

Incredible Member

^Ultimately, X-Men '92 is taken from X-Men and Uncanny X-Men from '92, since they were the basis for the animated to begin with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
    ^Ultimately, X-Men '92 is taken from X-Men and Uncanny X-Men from '92, since they were the basis for the animated to begin with.
    I hope to see more x-men characters in the series. If possible , let all the x-men characters show up even if it's just cameos.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

I was hoping that X-men '92 would somehow merge with the alternate X-teams after SW...giving us a classic X-lineup again.

It would be nice to return to a simple X-world...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Phoenix View Post
    I was hoping that X-men '92 would somehow merge with the alternate X-teams after SW...giving us a classic X-lineup again.

I like x-men 92 but as an ongoing idk. And they do have a classic line up after sw.

Storm, nightcrawler, colossus, iceman, magik. That's Classic Right there
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

That is my point entirely. It can't be exactly the same, no Jean Grey and Old Man Logan instead of Wolverine but the concept could still work.

BANNED

When you had to buy 3 or 4 different comics for a whole story?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    When you had to buy 3 or 4 different comics for a whole story?
    Like Avengers/New Avengers?

BANNED

How is that simpler? Post SW we're only getting 3 books.
    Last edited by DDD; 08-09-2015 at 03:42 AM.

I absolutely believe it could survive and I think it would be rather easy to launch it into its own separate universe away from the rest of the Marvel books. I wouldn't mind if there was some minor tweaking done to the book after SECRET WARS ends and it was relaunched as a slightly more serious book, but I truly believe Marvel would be foolish to turn away all of us who know that Marvel will never be able to top the 90s team. It was a winning formula for many reasons. It would not harm Marvel in the least to offer one book to us, while still moving ahead with ANADM for all those who have forgotten what the X-Men used to (and still should) be. I, myself am certain that the pure magic and appeal of the early 90s X-Men can never be topped by a different version of the X-Men and so they are all I am willing to pay for. I got by for the last 15 years under the belief that the X-Men were dead and buried and so if Marvel wishes to keep the real X-Men dead after SW, then I will once again have to accept the X-Men's tragic demise and forget about Marvel's self-destructive publishing department. I simply have zero interest in any other inferior version of the X-Men Marvel may believe that they can conjure up. I sure as all Hell do not want the unheroic, unspectacular crap they have excused as being the "X-Men" over the last decade. Marvel Entertainment may very well get sick of hearing from me but I have been fighting for this team's return for many years now and so I am not going to stop fighting for the 90s X-Men now when we are so close.
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 08-09-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!