Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    That's funny... people that preach the Complex reminds ME of creationists. That's a fairly humorous coincidence, isn't it?
    That IS funny!

To me people who deny that CompleX has any validity are like the creationists who want to get rid of teaching evolution completely because they rather live in ignorance than ever listen to the evidence on the other side while CompleXers who turn every bad editorial decision on Marvel's part into some anti-X-Men agenda and think that Marvel as a company has always hated X-Men and it's fans are like the atheists who bash religion because religion has supposedly never resulted in anything good and every religious person is obviously forcing their opinions on others and are retarded for believing in a make belief stuff.

There is a middle ground there somewhere.

But everyone's got their opinions and are entitled to them so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
    I would be pretty disappointed if they made it a "digital-exclusive". I already hate the whole "digital-first" scheme because Marvel are purposefully punishing the old time physical print fans (who made their company possible in the first place) who do not wish to feed the digital monster by making us always be two or even three chapters behind the digital customers. If the book relaunches, I feel the digital customers should only get two chapters a month. They should get one chapter in the middle of the month and then a second chapter on the same day that we get both of those chapters available in the print issue at the end of the month. That would be the only way to be fair.
    Would you still buy X-Men '92 or a similar book that replaced it after SW if it was digital only?
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 08-10-2015 at 07:40 AM.

I think theyre replacing this with another 90's nostalgia fest digital first series, the new Cable and Deadpool comic. Its only 6 issues. Maybe after that we'll get another 90's centric digital first book? hoping for Gen X!

BANNED

One of the only books I've been reading from Marvel at all.

This team IS the best team.
    And the book and art are all pretty spectacular.
    Though I don't want it to continue, I'd rather they fix whats done in the main universe and give us the simplicity and epicness that makes this team the most beloved.
    Last edited by Ethereal Stormultt; 08-10-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post

Though I don't want it to continue, I'd rather they fix whats done in the main universe and give us the simplicity and epicness that makes this team the most beloved.
    "Spectacular art"? I dunno. Reminds me of the old free Pizza Hut issues...
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I'd like the team's composition to survive... not the interpretation of it. Cant stand the exaggerated character models, slap stick humor (we had this with Amazing X-Men recently, no one seemed to care much about it) or condescending writing. If it was taken seriously and not constantly taking jabs at itself, perhaps. Not to mention to twilight zone style of the universe with Barons and nonsensical civil wars for control of a area of battleworld. Also... those numbers will drop like a rock after the first issue guaranteed. I promise you, 75% of those sales came because it had a big #1 on it (compulsive collecting at work). I'm sure a large chunk of people who DLed it still bought the hard copy. Not because there are so many people in love with the book. After issue #3, most of us here stopped DLing it, and we're the "hardcore" readership.
    Issue#2 dropped by like 50%(About 50k less)... But that's hardcopy sales. The digital sales combined with that probably still makes it pretty viable.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    "Spectacular art"? I dunno. Reminds me of the old free Pizza Hut issues...
    It reminds me of the X-Men Look and Find I had as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post

Would you still buy X-Men '92 or a similar book that replaced it after SW if it was digital only?
    I don't know. Probably not because it would feel like I was just reading a fan fiction comic online instead of an official release that I could proudly hold in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    It reminds me of the X-Men Look and Find I had as a kid.
    Yea, I am not crazy about the art in this book. There are really no "close-up" action shots of characters that I used to love seeing in the older 90s books. And I don't like the exaggerated "crazy hair" on the female characters. It's not awful, but I would much prefer a style either more like what Grummett produced in the "X-Men Forever" book (the ONLY good thing about that title) or even the more "realistic" looking art that is inside the actual "Secret Wars" books, just for something different. I've never seen the 90s X-Men portrayed in that style of art/coloring before.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Art looks cheap on this book and its written too much like a parody for my tastes

Even without the sales drop I doubt there was ever any plan to continue this book. It being a very finite Secret Wars tie in.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Art looks cheap on this book and its written too much like a parody for my tastes

Even without the sales drop I doubt there was ever any plan to continue this book. It being a very finite Secret Wars tie in.
    agreed. i was excited about the book, thinking it would be a throwback to the cartoon series/Lee era. but then they started introducing outside elements like Cassandra Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post

Then it all seems like a big waste of time and effort on Marvel's part just to taunt us. Why reintroduce the beloved 90's team for only 4 issues if they will have no bearing whatsoever on what will happen after SECRET WARS ends? People can not tell me that the story of SECRET WARS could not have been told without "X-Men '92" existing. It has so very little to do with the overall SW storyline. I came into this "X-Men '92" comic fully expecting it to become a desperately needed, on-going respite from the God-awfully dull, unappealing main X-books. This book is certainly not the "perfect" 90s X-book I wanted either as I wanted a book featuring the 90s X-Men with serious, modern stories and art to help distance the 90s X-team from the 90s camp. But even with all its flaws, it is still far better than the alternative, in my opinion.

Until I saw the very disappointing number of #2 issues sold today, I still had little reason to doubt the continuing of this series. And maybe it still could happen. Afterall, Marvel have certainly had other on-going books that sold much less. But at this point, I think Marvel would do best to just relaunch this series as the more serious book we were all hoping itd be once SECRET WARS ends. Many people want the 90s team back, that much is fact. We just didn't quite get the correct interpretation this go around. Only time will tell whether Marvel will keep the desired 90s X-Men alive in this book/another book or if I will just need to once again declare the X-Men as being "dead and buried".
    Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 08-10-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Well, if they discontinue the book or anything like it, I'll go back to other hobbies. I don't care for their direction and haven't since they killed off the dream with Prof X. Reeks of Fox vs Marvel pettiness that only hurts the fans.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Stormultt View Post

workmanlike art. almost soulless stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yep, meanwhile the evidence that Marvel DIDN'T do this is...the word of a few Marvel executives. Just like with creationism is the word of a few preachers.
    I mean clearly Marvel hates the X-men so much they gave them 5 books not counting Deadpool and his spinoff miniseries books. Clearly a conspiracy is afoot!

Then it all seems like a big waste of time and effort on Marvel's part just to taunt us. Why reintroduce the beloved 90's team for only 4 issues if they will have no bearing whatsoever on what will happen after SECRET WARS ends? People can not tell me that the story of SECRET WARS could not have been told without "X-Men '92" existing. It has so very little to do with the overall SW storyline. I came into this "X-Men '92" comic fully expecting it to become a desperately needed, on-going respite from the God-awfully dull, unappealing main X-books. This book is certainly not the "perfect" 90s X-book I wanted either as I wanted a book featuring the 90s X-Men with serious, modern stories and art to help distance the 90s X-team from the 90s camp. But even with all its flaws, it is still far better than the alternative, in my opinion.

Until I saw the very disappointing number of #2 issues sold today, I still had little reason to doubt the continuing of this series. And maybe it still could happen. Afterall, Marvel have certainly had other on-going books that sold much less. But at this point, I think Marvel would do best to just relaunch this series as the more serious book we were all hoping itd be once SECRET WARS ends. Many people want the 90s team back, that much is fact. We just didn't quite get the correct interpretation this go around. Only time will tell whether Marvel will keep the desired 90s X-Men alive in this book/another book or if I will just need to once again declare the X-Men as being "dead and buried".

Hardly any of thr tie in series are all that important to the main Secret Ward book. The whole point of this event is to throw out a bunch of mini series that reflect old stories in an alternate way. Its for nostalgia. You should enjoy that they gave a taste of the Xmen you like. Just being a mini series doesnt make it meaningless. As long as you enjoy it thats whats important.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

yeah, Marvel is taunting you. many of the Secret Wars books have little or nothing to do with the main storyline. Marvel said it would be revisiting different eras and events during SW. be happy that you got X-Men 92.