I think they're pretty good as well, although some of the books from the Dark Horse line still hold up.

What's interesting is that a lot of the Dark Horse stuff were basically spin offs, and didn't really focus on any major events with the 'core' group of characters, with some exceptions, such as the early "Dark Empire". Leaving the Bantam and later Del Rey novels to work with Luke and co (Although Dark Horse did cover some stuff such as Luke and Mara's wedding). A lot of the better ongoings and miniseries dealt with all new characters (Quinlan Vos, Kir Kanos, Zayne Carrick, A shared Hett) or side characters (Wedge, Boba Fett, other Jedis on the council apart from Mace Windu and Yoda etc).

I think Marvel's original run had some good stuff too, especially the later David Micheline stuff IMO. Goodwin did some decent issues too, but I think he was kind of hurt a bit by Lucasfilm's constraints on the use of the Empire/Vader (Something that wasn't a problem in his pretty good Newspaper comic run), and I don't think Carmine's art quite suited the material as well as that of later artists.