Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Have you read Lando#2 ?
    wow crazy good from that Charles Soule guy(/gal ?).
    Would buy an ongoing from that creative team.

Just went here to share my enthusiasm.
    Have a nice day.

Haven't read it yet, but after #1 I have high expectations! And Soule is a guy.

I think Maleev's art is the best it's been since his days back on Daredevil. It's a lot 'cleaner' than what I'm used to, but I think the brighter colours and tones add a lot to his artwork. Also, he captures Lando's grin perfectly.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Spideyparker75

Shattered Empire and Vader down look great too. So much great stuff potentially ahead for fans

The thing that's bothering me about Shattered Empire is that we know very little about it. The covers and preview art have basically been the closing scenes of "Return of the Jedi" without much insight as to what comes next. Does the book cover the days after the Emperor's death? Weeks? Months? Or is it going to take us right up to the start of Episode VII?

I realize that Disney/Lucas probably want to keep some things under wraps so as to not spoil Episode VII, but I'd like a little more information about what's coming.

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    The thing that's bothering me about Shattered Empire is that we know very little about it. The covers and preview art have basically been the closing scenes of "Return of the Jedi" without much insight as to what comes next. Does the book cover the days after the Emperor's death? Weeks? Months? Or is it going to take us right up to the start of Episode VII?

I realize that Disney/Lucas probably want to keep some things under wraps so as to not spoil Episode VII, but I'd like a little more information about what's coming.
    It happens in the aftermath of the battle of Endor and focuses on a husband and wife team. The main cast are in it but in supporting roles. Its a 4 part mini. I wont say anymore then that

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post

It's still a few weeks to go. We may get a lettered preview between now and release.

But I don't mind - I'm buying on the concept and creators alone. I don't mind going in 'blind'.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

All Star Wars movies are always hush hush but in the past the novel adaptation comes out before the movie. Don't know what is happening this time

Back in 1998, Dark Horse started publishing an Episode-I era comic six months before the movie came out. Of course, all it showed us was Ki Adi Mundi running around on random planets, but hey, it was something.

Spideyparker75

I would read this as well as the novel Aftermath which is also set immediately after Endor.

I think the general gist is that despite the death of the emperor and vader the empire wont go quietly into the night. Its still a massive military machine.

ROUNDUP: THIS WEEK in MARVEL STAR WARS

A huge week for all things Star Wars! With a slew of announcements at D23 regarding the upcoming film slate, ranging from this Rogue One picture, confirmation of the Star Wars IX director and with theme parks on the way, there was no shortage of news! And let’s not forget the TV spot that also debuted this week.

And that’s just for the films! In the realm of Marvel’s comics, Lando #2 was released to great acclaim. Here are some reviews found around the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventures In Poor Taste
    This is without a doubt the best Star Wars comic being printed right now and there are some surefire gems in that bunch too. This comic doesn’t center on the main characters or events, but Lando is turning out to be the most interesting and complex character of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by We The Nerdy
    This series is fast becoming everything I hoped it would be and think that it works well in tone alongside books like Dead Letters … If you’re looking for a little something a bit different than most series out right now, among the big two and independents, then give Lando a try by picking up either #2 (which isn’t a bad jumping on point) or #1 if you can.
    Release one comic and another two previews take its place! The official previews for Star Wars #8, introducing Stuart Immonen to the Star Wars Universe and Kanan – the Last Padawan #5 were released this week. Click here for the Star Wars preview and here for the Kanan preview.

• What news from D23 are you most excited about?
    • What were your thoughts on Lando #2?
    • On a scale of 1 to AMAZINGLY GOOD, how good is Immonen’s art on Star Wars?

NOTE: All links lead to CBR sites, unless otherwise stated.
    My fan fiction:

Spideyparker75

There is so much to look forward to right now. There is really an air of optimism sweeping the fandom for the first time in a long time. Who knows the reason or reasons. I think its down to each individual to answer that. Is it because Lucas is no longer involved and Abrahms is going back to a more old school approach?. Is it because han and leia and chewie will be here?. Who knows? Of course we have some wonderful comics too which is helping.

You're right and I think another part of it comes with the uncertainty and intrigue. The Prequel series lacked these, because we knew where it was headed: Obi Wan in Tattooine, Anakin as Darth Vader, the twins separated, the fall of the Jedi Order. It could be entertaining, but it was never going to strike up a mystery. But with this new trilogy, with the comics and the books, there is a sense of anything goes and "what's going to happen next?" At the same time, thanks to the comics and Anthology Films, we still get that sense of nostalgia.
    My fan fiction:

Spideyparker75

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    You're right and I think another part of it comes with the uncertainty and intrigue. The Prequel series lacked these, because we knew where it was headed: Obi Wan in Tattooine, Anakin as Darth Vader, the twins separated, the fall of the Jedi Order. It could be entertaining, but it was never going to strike up a mystery. But with this new trilogy, with the comics and the books, there is a sense of anything goes and "what's going to happen next?" At the same time, thanks to the comics and Anthology Films, we still get that sense of nostalgia.
    Yeah there was no mystery. Most of us knew there was a volcano and burns and disfigurement for Anakin as a result of his fight with Obi-Wan which meant he had to wear the armor. We knew that the trilogy would end on a dark note with the fall of the Republic etc etc. The only mysteries that turned out to be anti-climatic for me were the origins of Boba Fett and that C-3PO was anakins creation. We knew where the story was heading, we really dont know where this trilogy is heading. Plus we have some standalone movies in between the trilogy which will be exciting too.

I do have a feeling that Harrison Ford is going to get his wish in this trilogy that he wanted in Jedi which will hit fans hard.

Speaking of which - even though the comics take place between the films - there's still a sense of the unknown there, as well.

With 'Vader Down' solicited for November, I'm super excited for the upcoming months. Looks like it'll finish just in time for the new film in December.
    My fan fiction: