View Poll Results: Do you want Gambit and Rogue reunited?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 50.00%
  • No

50 50.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

No one really NEEDS anyone, its just nice to have someone you know. I honestly think Rogue just need to have someone other than the original norm. How about someone fresh, new, and/or different. Human, mutant, or god. (No Jen I'm not talking about Thor I was thinking more Fandral hehehe)

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I would prefer them to be on the same team and to just be close but not romantically involved. I think it would be a better dynamic for them to have more of a bond like Gambit and Storm have. They went through a lot together so I don't like them being complete strangers, I think showing both characters showing maturity and acceptance would do a lot to redeem the characters.

How James Asmus wrote Gambit and Rogue, post relationship in the Gambit solo is perfect.
    L'Enfer !

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Careful, your hatred and bias for Rogneto is clouding your so called "facts." And you can hate on Carey all you want, but he definitely well established and grounded their relationship. It did not just come out of the blue. Claremont showed they had chemistry in the 90s and Lobdell showed it as well in an alternate universe when they were married.

And for your enjoyment here is something else for you to see:

Yeah, I read "Magneto Rex", too. After that moment, she said the man she could have loved was lost.Then magneto told her she had one hour to leave Genosha or she would be incarcerated as an Enemy of the State. Nice guy, huh?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Well...What Carey fixed...Remender went along and UNFIXED IT! 25 years of character progression flushed down the crapper by Remender! :-(
    oh for f**k sake

Maybe Rogue should date Peter! Or would she want Carol's hand me downs... (or maybe Rogue should work to get Peter and MJ back together again...)

BANNED

Yeah, I read "Magneto Rex", too. After that moment, she said the man she could have loved was lost.Then magneto told her she had one hour to leave Genosha or she would be incarcerated as an Enemy of the State. Nice guy, huh?
    Then he whupped out his private Romy sextape on those Rogueless nights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    No one really NEEDS anyone, its just nice to have someone you know. I honestly think Rogue just need to have someone other than the original norm. How about someone fresh, new, and/or different. Human, mutant, or god. (No Jen I'm not talking about Thor I was thinking more Fandral hehehe)
    Yes, please. Have them date outside the x "familly".

BANNED

Or would she want Carol's hand me downs...
    Michael Rossi?

That would be close to Magneto.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

My point exactly. That was their last time talking before he, under the guise of Eric the Red, captured them, tortured Gambit and Rogue (and others), filmed the two having sex (oh he recorded it too because she found it like a year later) and literally tried to kill them all, just to distract them from his real plans... Which I think we're retconnned. I dunno. But all this, then Legacy. No contact in between. Carey magically has them sleeping together using a retcon of his own month old story. Remember how he said Legacy was in love with him? I dare you to find any evidence of that emotional attachment during AoX. You won't. You'll only find Romy moments... Which doesn't make sense and makes the whole Magneto relationship look like an afterthought he shoe horned in at the last moment... Just weird. But I think this around the time nutcase Romy fans were harassing him online.

I'm not some zealot shipper, but I'm also not a sheep to not noticr when something so unbelievable is happening it has to use retcons and cheap off panel insinuation to make it work.

1. Rogue should not be able to just get over all the crap Magneto did since the Savage Land without a whole lot of on panel conversation

2. It's unbelievable that not any of the X-Men had anything to say about their relationship, esp the likes of Wolverine and Storm who were just barely tolerating his presence.

3. The relationship needed not one, but two continuity tweaks to fly. Carey said "they spoke and worked out their issues off panel". Legacy displayed Zero affection toward Magneto during AoX, but was somehow so in love with him, that it drove Rogue to sleep with him. Seriously?

And BTW that last picture happened while she had the 3in1 power and she empathically took on Magneto's desire for her, right? Didn't she broadcast her sexual history with Gambit to the whole island in the same issue? (Referring to Project Cascada, not you mikeb)
    Last edited by donpricetag; 08-10-2015 at 09:57 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Just so there no mistaking what the @$%# I'm talking about.

Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

This is the case that we have two characters I really love... but I hate when they are together!!!

so, in my case is a big NOPE

I really hate this couple, they get on my nerves and I think they should not be together!!!

I think Rogue needs someone with a more serious personality, while Gambit needs that woman that show him who is the boss... and both are so identical to work...

I loved Rogue with Magneto in Age of Apocalypse... and I have a long list of women who are better for Gambit than her...

Also... even if Gambit is a playboy, he is the maternal type of guy... but also act like a little kid... I think someone really older or really young will be better for him...

Rogue, I love her, she is a strong woman who suffer the most horrible power ever!!! I think she will be better with the leader type of guy or someone really serious... she is not good with a guy that act as a kid... more because she is sometimes like a kid herself... that is why I see her with an older man...

Both characters have a lot to offer... but I think together they stop themselves...
    Last edited by datugu; 08-10-2015 at 12:41 PM.

This is a troll thread. Mods, end this, plz.

Does it matter? Gambit probably won't exist in comics post-secret wars.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Spectacular Member

I did vote yes, but I don't mean it in the way that the OP described. I would LOVE for them to be on a team together but NOT be a couple. It would be great to see this pair, who have so much history, working closely together as exes. Sure, there might be occasional flirting and they might bicker here and there, but mostly it would be a great opportunity to show them put their past to the side and put the team and the mission first. Like them or not, you can't deny there's a lot of chemistry between these two and it would be great to see them as civil adults working towards the same goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post
    This is a troll thread. Mods, end this, plz.
    How is this "troll thread"? Everyone is staying civil and defending their views. We're not allowed to have a difference in opinion without being called trolls? Its a message board, theyre made for debate and discussion. When we start calling each other names and making personal attacks... then close it. Seeing as its still going, I dont think the mods disagree.

----

I'm a Romy fan, and I voted "no". In the current climate and past histories, they dont make sense anymore. Gambit's supposed to be a ladies man but hasnt been with anyone outside of Rogue. Yeah there have been Joelle's and Bella Donna, but no real established characters. I'd love to see him have flings or casually date characters outside of the X-Men like She-Hulk, Spider-Woman and Black Widow. Heck I think Maria Hill needs some attention. Inside the X-Men, they had a chance to go a Polaris/Gambit pairing, but that never got off of the ground. I blame the complex.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 08-10-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    Guild Member