View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Magick #2

3 10.71%
  • Chew #52

0 0%
  • The Fade Out #11

5 17.86%
  • The Fuse #16

0 0%
  • Invisible Republic #7

1 3.57%
  • Jupiter's Circle Vol. 2 #1

0 0%
  • Kaptara #5

0 0%
  • Outcast #13

2 7.14%
  • Postal #8

0 0%
  • Ringside #1

1 3.57%
  • Rumble #9

0 0%
  • Saga #31

12 42.86%
  • Spawn #258

2 7.14%
  • Switch #2

1 3.57%
  • Witchblade #185

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 48 - Two welcomes, one goodbye.

Hey everyone, welcome back to the weekly Image round-up. Vote for your favourite comic and sound off below!

Last week had a very diverse showing, with almost every title nabbing at least a single vote. In the end though, Pretty Deadly returned guns blazing to waltz away victorious.

This week's a busy one: the Fade Out reaches its penultimate issue, Kaptara ends its first chapter, Outcast begins a new storyline, Saga returns from its hiatus with a new storyline, Rumble introduces some new characters, and Spawn reunites Todd McFarlane with Erik Larsen for an Image all-star creative team to head up its next arc.

Special mention must be made of Witchblade. Sara Pezzini's last adventures wrap up a 20-year run with one final double-sized issue. With this finale the comics medium says goodbye to another triple-digit series, an increasingly rare breed even amongst creator-owned comics. Luckily the Witchblade universe does carry on with Switch though, so fans won't be left entirely alone after this week.

But with goodbyes there must also be welcomes; two in fact, this week.
    First up is Jupiter's Circle Volume 2, which reunites Wilfredo Torres with Mark Millar for more stories set before Jupiter's Legacy.
    Secondly we get Ringside, written by Joe Keatinge (Shutter, Glory), and drawn by Nick Barber. This is set in the world of professional wrestling, and promises to look at the real violence - outside the ring. It's double-sized, too!

232677.jpg 232767.jpg

Should be a fun week for me with Saga, The Fade Out, Invisible Republic and Black Magick.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Big indie week for me overall (three Vertigo comics and a few Image to read). I'll let you know what I think later.

Yay, Saga is back.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Saga, I'm so sorry but Black Magick was oh so slightly better.

They were both amazingly written books with top tier artwork which got me seriously invested in the story while setting up future plot lines that I'm hyped about.

But Black Magick still has that 'new book smell' on it, and that just swung it.

Saga took it for me this week. I don't care if the metaphor was heavy-handed, it was still pretty damned perfect.

Kaptara was a hoot, as usual. I'm an 80's kid and grew up on Filmation and its ilk, so this book still has that whiff of nostalgia about it without taking itself at all seriously.

Chew...eh. Just kind of treading water until the series wraps. Some nice beats, but the whole thing really feels kinda same-old. I'm in too deep to just drop it at this point, but can't really get excited for it either.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 11-25-2015 at 12:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    Should be a fun week for me with Saga, The Fade Out, Invisible Republic and Black Magick.
    My exact pull list this week. This is a great week for Image!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Still working my way through my Indie titles. Just finished Saga and I'm giving points for the most unintentionally funny ending I've read in a while. If you put that ending to wah-wah music, it totally fits (it also invokes memories from that unintentionally goofy scene from the Injustice comic involving Dick Grayson).

EDIT UPDATE:

Here's how my list turned out...

Outcast #13
    American Vampire: Second Cycle #11
    Jacked #1
    Art Ops #2
    Saga #31

So best Indie title goes to Outcast this week for being great and the weak link goes to Saga. It was just alright. Nothing more and nothing more less. Best book of the weak is tied between Silk #1 and We Are Robin #6.

Also, for those who care, I did read Dark Knight III: Master Race #1 (Batman Indie) and... it was alright. Just kind of setup, kind of boring, and narration that was just... okay. Picked up at the end, but eh. Way better than Holy Terror, ASBAR, and DKSA. I'm just not that enthusiastic about what I just read.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 11-26-2015 at 11:12 AM.

I haven't read it yet, but since The Fade Out #11 is the only book from Image I bought, . . .

Happy early Thanksgiving everyone.
    I am about to read Chew, Outcast, Postal, Saga, and Black Magick. After I finish watching Scream Queens, the funniest show on TV.
    It is my birthday today, and Saga returning is the best gift one could ask for. I can't imagine not voting for it in this fairly light week. It's the book I spent all day at work daydreaming about getting home to. Now I am drunk and even more excited to crack it open. So enough typing, time to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Happy early Thanksgiving everyone.
    I am about to read Chew, Outcast, Postal, Saga, and Black Magick. After I finish watching Scream Queens, the funniest show on TV.
    It is my birthday today, and Saga returning is the best gift one could ask for. I can't imagine not voting for it in this fairly light week. It's the book I spent all day at work daydreaming about getting home to. Now I am drunk and even more excited to crack it open. So enough typing, time to read.
    Happy Birthday

Also my vote goes to Switch. Awesome book but the humor makes it special.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Gave the vote to saga, continued excellence. Chew and black Magick were also very good. Outcast was solid.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Definitely sad to see Witchblade end as it's been in my pull list for nineteen of the past twenty years. But I'm pleased with the way it ended, because it kept the focus on really the only two constant characters in the series--Sara Pezzini and the Witchblade itself--and the ultimate path of their relationship. Totally going to miss having this book around, though.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

My vote goes to Saga, that ending was just spectacular! The Fade Out and Black Magick were both excellent as well. Invisible Republic was just ok for me this week.

I voted Saga and I am glad the majority of you guys did the same. The book that got me into comics continues to break new ground. When it finally ends, it will be a very sad day. BKV and Staples are conjuring some one of a kind stuff.