Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chew

Default Chew

Ha! I get to start the new Chew thread. I haven't read the new issue yet, I save it for last. Still I'm excited for the next arc, it feels like it's just getting moving again after stalling for a while.

I came in late with Chew, so am waiting on the tpbs... argh, the wait!

Will be interested to see what the new animated movie will be like!

Amazing Member

I came in late on CHEW as well.. but I love it.. I own the first 3 Omnivore Edition HCs and read this series in that format.. its a great way to have a nice looking collection and get to read anywhere from 3-10 issues in one sitting.. I have to start Vol. 3 soon #20-30 I believe and I'm also looking forward to picking up Vol. 4 !

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Loved that recent new issue (we now have a second way someone can die by chocolate in this series) and the character development and progression in this issue. Can't wait to see where the next issue goes with this even though we are taking break for a month to have the Revival and Chew crossover.

Chew is one of my few must have series. I would love to have the first ten issues in singles but instead I have the first omnivore collection and then the rest in single issues.

This issue was really fun. I'm interested in seeing how this arc plays out. Am i correct in thinking the series ends in 19 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
    I came in late on CHEW as well.. but I love it.. I own the first 3 Omnivore Edition HCs and read this series in that format.. its a great way to have a nice looking collection and get to read anywhere from 3-10 issues in one sitting.. I have to start Vol. 3 soon #20-30 I believe and I'm also looking forward to picking up Vol. 4 !
    I came on with Secret Agent Poyo, and was so impressed I immediately bought the first 4 TPB's. Since then I've been following it in both the trades and floppies (something I don't do very often). I think the only other title I do that with is Manhattan Projects.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Loved that recent new issue (we now have a second way someone can die by chocolate in this series) and the character development and progression in this issue. Can't wait to see where the next issue goes with this even though we are taking break for a month to have the Revival and Chew crossover.
    Just finally sitting down with it. I always love the feeling of a new arc starting in this series, even though their all connected.

Layman did say the original plan was for 60 issues or 5 years. So there may only be 19 left.
    Last edited by Conway; 05-01-2014 at 09:15 PM.

In an effort to avoid spoilers all I'll say is: Damn, Colby is such a slut.

Like many others here I came in late to Chew...I think the first issue I bought when it came out was #35, the rest I read earlier last year digitally in about a 3-4 month span. It's an outstanding series, maybe the most consistently good comic out there. There is NEVER a bad issue and it is so much pure fun to read. I'm glad to see that Layman and Guillory are doing some more specials (the Revival crossover, another Poyo special, etc) as the series begins to wrap up.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

All-New Member

One of the advantages of being a latecomer to such a good series is that you have the chance to voraciously binge read it for 30 issues non-stop. I'm up to date on the regular series but still gotta find the Poyo and Revival specials.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Your comment reminded me of this song. I wonder if Hershel Brown or Olive listen to lounge while xocoscalpering.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    In an effort to avoid spoilers all I'll say is: Damn, Colby is such a slut.
    Yes He Is. One of his endearing characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by Prufrock View Post
    One of the advantages of being a latecomer to such a good series is that you have the chance to voraciously binge read it for 30 issues non-stop. I'm up to date on the regular series but still gotta find the Poyo and Revival specials.
    Of course, it also makes the wait between issues that much harder when you're used to being able to read as much as you want. The Revival special hasn't been released yet (later this month I believe or early June).
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

I too showed up late to the party. I read the first 5 trades. Great series indeed. Still have some catching up to do. Going to be fun.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I just finished the latest trade and it's one of the best ones yet. I won't post any spoilers but lets just say that like many of the best comedies, it really knows how to pack an emotional punch when it needs to. As such, volume 8 isn't just as funny and inventive as ever, it's also really kinda moving too. Really great, great stuff all around.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

I love Chew, so much fun and spotting all the little tidbits Guillory puts in backgrounds on posters or post-it notes is almost as good as the main stories themselves.

Very reader-friendly too, it's usually one of the comics I recommend to people who aren't necessarily into comics.