Super Moderator

Default How Man Times Has Superman Killed In Films? Let's Go With "A Lot"

Sure, he was responsible for a lot of deaths in "Man of Steel," but Superman wasn't exactly a Boy Scout before that, as this new "kill count" supercut shows.

Full article here.

BANNED

Yeah, until you get to Man of Steel, that kill count is a GROSS EXAGGERATION!!! And even in MOS, the only real kill shown is Zod.

Bottom line, despite some peoples assertion that he does kill, Superman doesn't kill. He cannot save everyone, but he does not kill.

I knew we were in for a slanted ride when death one was Zod in Superman II (which according to a deleted scene was a non-kill), followed by Non, who tried to fly and couldn't as simply fell, followed by Ursa who wasn't killed, but even if she was, she was killed by Lois, not Superman. Some of these kill count videos are really sadly biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Yeah, until you get to Man of Steel, that kill count is a GROSS EXAGGERATION!!! And even in MOS, the only real kill shown is Zod.

Bottom line, despite some peoples assertion that he does kill, Superman doesn't kill. He cannot save everyone, but he does not kill.

I knew we were in for a slanted ride when death one was Zod in Superman II (which according to a deleted scene was a non-kill), followed by Non, who tried to fly and couldn't as simply fell, followed by Ursa who wasn't killed, but even if she was, she was killed by Lois, not Superman. Some of these kill count videos are really sadly biased.
    Yeah. And the whole killing 'himself' thing in III is tosh too.... I always saw that fight as more of a visual representation of Clark battling the effects of the dodgy kryptonite. It's not like was really two separate people.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Sure, he was responsible for a lot of deaths in "Man of Steel," but Superman wasn't exactly a Boy Scout before that, as this new "kill count" supercut shows.
    Not really, no. Just the one

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yeah. And the whole killing 'himself' thing in III is tosh too.... I always saw that fight as more of a visual representation of Clark battling the effects of the dodgy kryptonite. It's not like was really two separate people.
    Yeah, I've always figured that if a regular person walked in on that "fight", they would just see one Superman clutching his head and staggering around. The whole thing was just a hallucination symbolizing his struggle.

BANNED

Seriously, people just need to let this go. He killed Zod in MoS. Period. Get over it, already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not really, no. Just the one
    And all the people that surely died in the city, and in that gas station he blew up.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    And all the people that surely died in the city, and in that gas station he blew up.
    Oh yeah, Superman is totally to blame for the Black Zero causing destruction under Zod's orders.
    The gas station looked (conveniently) empty to me the last time I watched it. Still reckless and stupid on his part, but that was probably the point.