Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default "Fantastic Four" Flops With $26.2 Million 2nd Place Finish

The final tallies for 20th Century Fox and Josh Trank's FF reboot mark it as one of the worst performing superhero movies ever.

Full article here.

Ouch. Well, at this point it's kind of beating a dead horse.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I feel terrible for the actors. This cannot be a good feeling.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I feel terrible for the actors. This cannot be a good feeling.
    I feel the actors can bound back from this. Of all the awful things I've heard from this movie the actors themselves didn't contribute to it. They made the best out of a shitty script. It's the director you should feel bad for. He'll be lucky to direct indie flicks after this mess.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Welcome back to Marvel first family!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel the actors can bound back from this. Of all the awful things I've heard from this movie the actors themselves didn't contribute to it. They made the best out of a shitty script. It's the director you should feel bad for. He'll be lucky to direct indie flicks after this mess.
    I have a feeling that you're right. But I don't feel too bad for Trank. From what I've heard, he was terrible to deal with.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I have a feeling that you're right. But I don't feel too bad for Trank. From what I've heard, he was terrible to deal with.
    I'd heard a lot of bad things about Trask. Then again I've heard a lot of bad things about how FOX handled the whole thing... if it's true I don't entirely blame Trask for being grouchy.

Not that I feel sorry for any of them, because it sounds like everyone was essentially on the wrong page. This whole thing ended up a massive train wreck.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

One wonders if Marvel/Disney could even launch a legal challenge to get the rights back based on how poorly this film has done and thus damaged their intellectual property to the point of toxicity.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    One wonders if Marvel/Disney could even launch a legal challenge to get the rights back based on how poorly this film has done and thus damaged their intellectual property to the point of toxicity.
    I actually made a silly joke post last fall I believe where I claimed that Disney was trying file an injunction to block the release of the film and cited how it would ruin their property. It was pretty funny then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

That's what I'm wondering too.
    Especially since it appears that Fox may be losing 60 million dollars or more on the film.
    It's time for the Fantastic Four to go home to Marvel where they belong!

if they even so much as attempted such a silly and thoughtless action, they better be prepared to answer in court their own actions in damaging the IP of the FF through cancellations and suppression of merchandise and outright removal of the ff from other marvel-related merchandise.

Extraordinary Member

All that effort for nothing.

Fantastic Member

I have to wonder how worse this movie could have done if it had kept it's original release date. Coming out the same day as Inside Out and a week after Jurassic World.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I think both sides are gonna have to work a deal that will help them. A few years ago Friege was trying to work a trade off of getting Silver Surfer and Galactus back. So I'd do what I posted in another thread. I'd trade them characters to use in films (with Marvel involvement of course) and the following characters since Marvel isn't in a rush to put them in films at the moment.

Ghost Rider
    Tomb of Dracula
    Blade
    Moon Knight

There are some good franchise type films Fox can build there. Let them have the characters to do the films and they could have something here. Of course a big part of a deal worked out I'd say would be ...Fox and Disney need to unite for the common mega bucks they can achieve with X-Men vs. Avengers. That is the BIG MEGA BUCKS they both can earn. Disney could make a fortune on toys and merch from this type of film. Hugh Jackman would sign up in a friggen heart beat if he knew he was gonna be in some Marvel films.

Imagine the explosion if he showed up at the end scene of Civil War next year. (They can film an extra credit scene) . The moment it hits Fox and Disney are building to the next phase of the big films. Not only do you have Infinity War pt.1 and pt.2 ....you can have these 2 big films to build to an epic money making conclusion. But its all up to both sides making some good , giving in some things.

Let Marvel have the FF characters back. They won't quickly launch a FF film and can promise to wait til after X-Men vs Avengers in 2022 or 2023...to do that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Fox is conducting it's post mortem.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fa...mb-1201566230/

“The confluence of clearly the decidedly negative reviews with the combination of social media did not help the cause,” said Fox distribution chief Chris Aronson.

He was not willing to write off the “Fantastic Four” series yet, but stressed that the studio would be engaged in a rigorous post-mortem.

“We have a lot to look forward to in our comic book character universe,” said Aronson. “We may find different ways to feature these characters in the future, but it’s early and we’ll have to see what form that takes.”