Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Fantastic Four" Flops With $26.2 Million 2nd Place Finish

The final tallies for 20th Century Fox and Josh Trank's FF reboot mark it as one of the worst performing superhero movies ever.

Full article here.

Ouch. Well, at this point it's kind of beating a dead horse.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I feel terrible for the actors. This cannot be a good feeling.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Green Lantern opened to twice as much on its first Friday/Weekend. It did cost $200M to make, while its domestic cume was $116.6M, and this movie will get nowhere near that.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

No chill mate. No chill.

Honestly, I didn't feel Green Lantern was all that bad. 2011 was a bad year for comic book movies. But good god damn! FF is tanking HARD.

Hopefully this doesn't hurt the momentum of comic book movies in general. It shouldn't... marvel movies and FOX movies on the X-Men side of things are doing well enough both critically and commercially. But ya never know... momentum can be a funny thing.

I wonder if the only way to save the FF franchise (apart from just giving it back to marvel, which I would personally like to see) if combining them with the X-Men. Given the X-Men still have a pretty solid rep maybe a FF vs X-Men movie might get people interested again. Maybe.

Niffleheim

Do they need to be called Fantastic anymore? They seem to fail in the comics and box office.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I wonder what the contracts for the actors are like? I don't see Fox moving ahead with a sequel, but if they were hoping to get some mileage out of the franchise by doing a X/FF crossover would the actors from this movie have to do it? (I know its more likely that Fox will just recast if they decided to go this route but I'm just curious if we know any details on how the contracts work - so instead of the sequel they've all signed up could Fox just shuttle them into a teamup film)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't hurt the momentum of comic book movies in general. It shouldn't... marvel movies and FOX movies on the X-Men side of things are doing well enough both critically and commercially. But ya never know... momentum can be a funny thing.

I wonder if the only way to save the FF franchise (apart from just giving it back to marvel, which I would personally like to see) if combining them with the X-Men. Given the X-Men still have a pretty solid rep maybe a FF vs X-Men movie might get people interested again. Maybe.
    I think the only ones to suffer from this is FF, I mean I doubt we'll see anything until the Rights are at risk again post 2020. As for a Crossover from what I've seen online, Fox doesn't have the rights to cross them over without permission from Marvel, who have already said "Hell No!" and after this I'd bet it's "NO F**KING WAY!!"

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

No , I doubt we see a X-Men vs. Fantastic Four film now. Before this film arrived weeks earlier , Fox was trying to restore faith in it by trying to convince Singer to do FF2 as the sequel and then a X-Men vs. FF film. But well....that ship has obviously sailed.

If no one believes in this film right now , no way will they pay for a sequel.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky42 View Post
    I think the only ones to suffer from this is FF, I mean I doubt we'll see anything until the Rights are at risk again post 2020. As for a Crossover from what I've seen online, Fox doesn't have the rights to cross them over without permission from Marvel, who have already said "Hell No!" and after this I'd bet it's "NO F**KING WAY!!"
    Didn't realize Fox couldn't cross them over without Marvel's permission. That actually gives Marvel some leverage here. If Fox needs them to sign off on bringing X-Men to television, and if they can't crossover FF (cause no way they're going to make a sequel to this one) there's really no incentive for them to keep the rights. I really hope these studios are in serious discussions about this.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I really can't see Fox having any other option but to surrender the rights to Marvel.

The dvd/bluray may sell a bundle if it has a lot of extras but they are going to be in the red forever on this film.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Didn't realize Fox couldn't cross them over without Marvel's permission. That actually gives Marvel some leverage here. If Fox needs them to sign off on bringing X-Men to television, and if they can't crossover FF (cause no way they're going to make a sequel to this one) there's really no incentive for them to keep the rights. I really hope these studios are in serious discussions about this.
    I could be wrong on it, but I'm fairly sure that there was some response when Fox floated the idea a couple of months ago tothat affect anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hopefully this doesn't hurt the momentum of comic book movies in general.
    Batman v. Superman will erase the bad taste this flick has left in the audience's collective oral cavities.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I feel terrible for the actors. This cannot be a good feeling.
    I feel the actors can bound back from this. Of all the awful things I've heard from this movie the actors themselves didn't contribute to it. They made the best out of a shitty script. It's the director you should feel bad for. He'll be lucky to direct indie flicks after this mess.