Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Fantastic 4 movie FLOPS $26 million 2nd place opening weekend

I have not read Fantastic 4 since John Byrne left in 1986 and that was his best comic book run! I wish Byrne had stayed on F4 and Hulk than go to DC and ruin Superman, Wonder Woman, Doom Patrol....

Anyway there has not been a good version of Fantastic 4 since, comics, cartoons, and now movies and the latest is final straw. Even if F4 rights go back to Disney Marvel studios no one will watch another F4 movie after this disaster even if Marvel could make a good F4 movie with Stan Lee and John Byrne as consultants!

I hope FOX loses F4 rights and Marvel at least starts making F4 merchandise again! Bring back F4 comic book and let Byrne write and draw it again and everything since he left in 1986 was a dream like Dallas TV show *Byrne once said F4 reached the point after he left where Reed would have to wake up in the shower!

I recommend Hickman FF. It was quite good

Also Fox cannot lose the rights. They have to sell it and until Marvel and Disney start playing nice I don't see it happening even with a flop movie. Truth is Fox holds the cards because they know Disney wants the rights to characters like Doom and others badly
    Last edited by Darth Kal-el; 08-09-2015 at 12:59 PM.

Sure was.

Is all kind of crazy of short people's memory can be sometimes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post

Also Fox cannot lose the rights. They have to sell it and until Marvel and Disney start playing nice I don't see it happening even with a flop movie. Truth is Fox holds the cards because they know Disney wants the rights to characters like Doom and others badly
    Fox WILL lose the rights if they don't make a movie with these characters within a specified time period.

That's part of the reason they re-booted it.

It's still extremely possible Fox make another FF just to spite Marvel (and obviously make money) but if they don't, the right will automatically refer back to Marvel.

They could easily have the X-Men crossover movie to hedge bets against losing money. Anyone know how long they have to go before making a movie

BANNED

The Fox-Men bring in the cash, and Fox wants to make a tv show, but they need Marvel's permission. I can see them trading the F4 for it. Besides, the X/FF crossover has been shot down many times the last few days by nearly everyone. Millar was the only one who talked about it.

The FF in the late 90's were also good , Hickman create always big tension in his books but at the end it goes always what he has done down the toilet because of his GoT focus.

They could easily have the X-Men crossover movie to hedge bets against losing money. Anyone know how long they have to go before making a movie
    7 years.

And I believe they need Marvels permission to crossover, as they are two separate properties.

Astonishing Member

About 7 years from now. Also Fox may need Marvel's permission to have the X-Men and FF crossover, because those two franchises are covered under different contracts. Plus would Fox want to taint their successful X-Men franchise with a toxic FF franchise?

Also I don't think Fox holds all the cards, they have franchise they have rendered toxic, its going to be hard to justify a future FF film to shareholders, Fox can't just throw infinite money at franchise that will never make a profit for them. Marvel has more leverage then they did before this movie came out, Fox may just want to rid themselves of this franchises, focus the X-Men and let Marvel deal with the mess Fox has created this franchise.

Fox should just try and get the same deal Sony has with Marvel by having Marvel make the movies. Splitting it seems like a better idea than throwing out millions of dollars for more subpar FF movies.

And I think Fox actually can lose the rights to these characters if they don't use them within a certain period of time. The question for Fox is whether or not spending the millions of dollars to make this movie made keeping those rights worth it.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I don't think the question is how much Marvel want FF back as much as what the franchise means to Fox.

Fox is the one that's actually losing real money because of this debacle not Marvel.

At some point, Fox will have to make a serious decision on what to do with FF because after 3 movies, they've pretty much run it into the ground.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    The Fox-Men bring in the cash, and Fox wants to make a tv show, but they need Marvel's permission. I can see them trading the F4 for it. Besides, the X/FF crossover has been shot down many times the last few days by nearly everyone. Millar was the only one who talked about it.
    Marvel give the cards right now, FF flop will only help marvel get the rights back or at least Galactus, Skrulls and Dr Doom and i there is bargain for a TV show. it's now or never to marvel get FF back
    a x-men crossver with FF that is a big flop it's not the best idea, Synger talked about it but now it is paralel universes and seems to not happening.
    marvel got hulk, daredevil back. seems like ghost rider is a possibility too

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Marvel give the cards right now, FF flop will only help marvel get the rights back or at least Galactus, Skrulls and Dr Doom and i there is bargain for a TV show. it's now or never to marvel get FF back
    a x-men crossver with FF that is a big flop it's not the best idea, Synger talked about it but now it is paralel universes and seems to not happening.
    Get the rights back but for what ? People are extreme tiered of those superhero movie which are made like fast-food

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I'm guessing that's what's going to happen. Marvel will give them the TV rights and get the FF. Honestly, that'd be the best of both worlds. The X-Men wouldn't really work in the MCU and they are better off in their own little world. But Kang,Galactus, Surfer and whatnot? Sign me up! Also, Marvel already has Ghost Rider, Blade and all of these characters. They got them the around the same time with Daredevil.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Get the rights back but for what ? People are extreme tiered of those superhero movie which are made like fast-food
    sure they are. last avengers flopped and didn't made 1 billion on box office

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I'm guessing that's what's going to happen. Marvel will give them the TV rights and get the FF. Honestly, that'd be the best of both worlds. The X-Men wouldn't really work in the MCU and they are better off in their own little world. But Kang,Galactus, Surfer and whatnot? Sign me up! Also, Marvel already has Ghost Rider, Blade and all of these characters. They got them the around the same time with Daredevil.
    I wasn't aware about Blade. to Fox get the Sony deal they would be too lucky, sony made good spider-man movies before and was doing better with it.
    I wonder if Marvel has a plan for FF like they had for spidey, because seems very likely the rights going back. Imagine a Galactus that is not a cloud
    x-men really work better on a separate earth, the shared marvel universe really limits them and make things awkward
    Last edited by Tayswift; 08-09-2015 at 01:34 PM.